Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Well since the Nuke thread is closed there is now speculation the woman might have been drugged. Something in her drink

Article won't post here sorry

• Wow
Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Here's the article:

There is some more murkiness here. No reason given to being moved from the room (not really a smart move medically) and an 'unidentified' third party asking for the call to be made.

Frankly, this reeks to the team fixer doing some work...

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Well since the Nuke thread is closed there is now speculation the woman might have been drugged. Something in her drink
The fact that she might have been messed up by mixing alcohol and drugs, doesn't mean that she was actually drugged. Nor does the article even speculate that.

Nothing new in that article TBH.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Avs staff managed to remove Nuke completely from this incident as far as any police/emt reports are concerned. It’s actually quite impressive. They got him the hell out of there and the team doctor took control it seems.

Reactions: UncleRisto

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The fact that she might have been messed up by mixing alcohol and drugs, doesn't mean that she was actually drugged. Nor does the article even speculate that.

There has been many saying that the woman wasn't even in Nuke's room as a way he could be innocent from even knowing her. This confirms she was in his room and moved from his room. This also confirms that the team doctor was asked by another party to call 911, not on the doctor finding the woman and calling on his own. It potentially gives an illumination to it not just being alcohol. This provides some clarification details. Now logically, we knew this by adding things together.

The moving from the room is very likely fixing the scene.

The Avs staff managed to remove Nuke completely from any police/emt reports. It’s actually quite impressive.
giphy.gif

The Avs' fixer is good.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Here's the article:

There is some more murkiness here. No reason given to being moved from the room (not really a smart move medically) and an 'unidentified' third party asking for the call to be made.

Frankly, this reeks to the team fixer doing some work...
One more thing: Nuke missed morning skate that day for "maintenance".

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This provides some clarification details. Now logically, we knew this by adding things together.
Yes.

He was in his hotel room with the woman who looked like she was about to OD, he panicked and called the team's doctor/fixer. They then moved the woman to the lobby, the Dr called 911 and Nuke disappeared.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yes.

He was in his hotel room with the woman who looked like she was about to OD, he panicked and called the team's doctor/fixer. They then moved the woman to the lobby, the Dr called 911 and Nuke disappeared.
Careful we can't speculate to what clearly happened! Plus that is wrong... he was a white knight saving her from the Russian Mob! :naughty:

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Is CMac also in hiding so he doesn't have to discuss this terrible season and Nichushkin?
I find it crazy that the Avs don't do a post-mortem presser. Lack of local interest I guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Is CMac also in hiding so he doesn't have to discuss this terrible season and Nichushkin?
The fact he hasn’t addressed the Nuke situation at all is insanity.

But I guess with the small details we got today it makes sense. The cover up they were going for seems to becoming unraveled.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

The one I saw sad that was a possibility based in something from the 911 call and not being able to get her words out even with a translator .

I'm just saying what was in the article.but I agree with you

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
As mentioned in the thread. There hadn’t been much news and the thread was going way off topic on top of wild speculation, which this new story is adding to (the speculation part).

But it's news regardless of how much speculation. I don't think it's a big deal if an offseason thread veers off-topic but you do you.

I'm not here to tell you what to do and I do not envy your job one iota, but if you don't contain the speculation in one thread it's just gonna go into another (case in point).

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
As mentioned in the thread. There hadn’t been much news and the thread was going way off topic on top of wild speculation, which this new story is adding to (the speculation part).

It’s a news article from the Seattle Times. That’s not speculation, that’s a reputable media outlet.

I don’t see what’s wrong in having a thread to circle back to as information comes out, tbh.

I dunno… I think this is a huge story. It involves a core player for this team and is literally the reason the Colorado Avalanche lost their 1st round playoff series.

I’ll go along with whatever mods decide though, just my 2 cents.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
To me, this clearly added some confirmation on details. Now those details continue to fit into a pretty natural line of speculation, and they may not paint the best picture... but that shouldn't stop the conversation.

Reactions: Pokecheque

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Who would have thought an unidentified man would take your passport and never give it back?

Oh well. Lesson learned. Nothing left to talk about. Time to turn the page.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I dunno… I think this is a huge story. It involves a core player for this team and is literally the reason the Colorado Avalanche lost their 1st round playoff series.
It's not "huge". To some Av fans they think it's "huge". He's not the reason they lost that series. Not scoring on Gru and playing all together like shit for 3 of the 7 games is why they lost.

Reactions: Turbonium

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It's not "huge". To some Av fans they think it's "huge". He's not the reason they lost that series. Not scoring on Gru and playing all together like shit for 3 of the 7 games is why they lost.
Nuke is not the reason the Avs lost, but he played a role. More of the issue is this is a core player, a player just finishing his first year on an 8 year contract... who just had to stop playing due to this off the ice issue or at least this was the impetus of him stopping playing. To me, this is as big of issue, if not more than Landeskog's injury.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

How is it not a big story when a core player mysteriously vanishes from the team at the most important time? Especially considering the details that have already been released.

Yes, the Avs could have won without Nichushkin, but they almost certainly do win if they had him, considering they found their mojo a little more as the series went on. Nichushkin would’ve only added to that success.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad