Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Normally, I would agree, but Toews has 1 year remaining on his deal while Jenner is signed for 3 more years at a very friendly $3.75M AAV. Not to mention that you're probably trading him to Philly in that deal and paying them to eat 50% of that Hayes contract.

I would think this would be fair:

To Colorado: Boone Jenner
To Columbus: Kevin Hayes (50% retained)
To Philly: Devon Toews + a pick/prospect

If the Flyers could get Toews to agree to an extension, perhaps you remove the + pick/prospect.
Contract aside you are talking about a defensemen who has been top-20 in the league the last 3 seasons with a legitimate case to be made that his level of play has bordered on top-10 for a guy who has predominantly been a 3C his entire career.

It's extremely poor value.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Erik Haula would also be intriguing as a 3C if we get Hayton. He's 32 coming off of a 2.375M contract. During the regular season he put up an xGF% of 57.40 in 1038:04 of ice time at 5v5. He chipped in 14-27-41 in 80 games played.

I like him from the Devils as a 3C and potentially Jesper Fast from Carolina as a 3RW. Fast is 31, coming off a 2M contract. He put up an xGF% of 58.69 in 1025:31 minutes of ice time at 5v5. In 80 games he chipped in 10-19-29.

If we could trade a Girard or a Toews for Hayton, that allows us to really upgrade the 3rd line as well. Of course the two guys I am plugging here would be one, two year max, but I kinda think that's what were going to be doing with the 3rd and 4th lines for a while.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I’m surprised no one stated the obvious answer for our #2C. Buried in the bottom 6, RFA, looked good the second half of the season, has draft pedigree, and just needs an opportunity to breakout.

Tyson Jost.
giphy.gif

amigo

Mar 20, 2021
I’m surprised no one stated the obvious answer for our #2C. Buried in the bottom 6, RFA, looked good the second half of the season, has draft pedigree, and just needs an opportunity to breakout.

Tyson Jost.
And most important he knows THE SYSTEM :nod:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A rough draft for the starting point in the offseason:

1683201423630.png

Trade one of the Dmen and it frees $3-4M.

Wait until the deadline for some new wingers as there tend to be more available.

Reactions: Turbonium

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
A rough draft for the starting point in the offseason:

View attachment 702740

Trade one of the Dmen and it frees $3-4M.

You cant have a DMan on your 3rd line making over 4 or even 5 mill. Not again.

In my opinion, one of Toews or Girard has to go. Manson will be hard to trade. And you need at least a big body in the Top 4. When healthy, Manson is still a Top 4 D-Man.

So it will come down to Toews or Girard.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I fully expect Drouin on a ~1m deal or PTO. Avs need cheap talent and depth. Drouin at least has talent, we will see if he can provide the depth.
If you want anything out of Drouin you have to put him in the best position possible to succeed. That means putting him on Mack's wing, like they did with ERod this year.

He's a perimeter player but Mack opens a lot of ice...If Drouin regains his confidence who knows what he can do. Then you can have Lehky doing the dirty work on that line while Rants is helping the 2nd line.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If you want anything out of Drouin you have to put him in the best position possible to succeed. That means putting him on Mack's wing, like they did with ERod this year.

He's a perimeter player but Mack opens a lot of ice...If Drouin regains his confidence who knows what he can do. Then you can have Lehky doing the dirty work on that line while Rants is helping the 2nd line.

Agreed.

If you're going to take that risk, you put the player in the best possible chance to succeed and that's next to the guy he has clicked with the best in his entire hockey life.

A Lehky, healthy Landy, or clean Nuke would be perfect compliments to those two.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I understand that thought process, but I think Drouin in that position makes the team worse. I don't think Drouin will be a net positive to the Avs, but I think he will be here... and likely flame out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad