Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
All that said, here's one pathway to $92M with a decent regular season roster that can be upgraded at the deadline for the playoffs, perhaps with a defenseman and a 3RW or 3C.

- Sign Mikko to Nate's deal
- Landy comes back and plays well
- Let Toews walk and keep Girard
- Sign Byram to $7.5M
- Move Manson back to Anaheim and replace him with a $2.5M big body defensive D
- Malinski gets a $3.5M bridge
- They find another JJ like $1M 6D
- Calum Ritchie develops well and holds down 3C on an ELC similar to Newhook
- Kovalenko or someone else plays 3RW for $2.5M
- They continue to go with a 4th line of guys making around $1M
- They continue to find a stop gap bargain 1G
- Continue to make paper transactions and go with a 21 man roster and league min 7D/13F
- $400k in cap cushion for callups and to bank for deadline moves to fill holes

:amazed:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Tatar is a bad fit for the 3rd line.

If they sign him (I doubt it since they are building a team for the playoffs) he'd need to play on the 2nd line and Lehky would play on the 3rd.

Tatar would probably thrive next to Mack but you can't have him and Drouin on the same line.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Don't be too premature to write Weekes off guys after 12 games, in a very disrupted squad playing out of position. For many years, he's been a class above (similar to Olakau'atu, Schuster, Koula & himself).

I really, REALLY hope we stick with him, and give him a chance.

EDIT: What the hell....it's 6.27am, and I literally wrote this for another board hahaha - I've got dark theme on and they looked exactly the same hahahaha)
If he plays Aussie Rules Football and can skate he could be a future 4th liner!

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
This will be hard to phrase so I’ll try my best. I don’t understand the frustration behind the whole “not every problem has been solved to start the year so there’s no hope and I hate CMac”. The Avs added Manson, Lehkonen, Cogliano, and Sturm around the deadline. Picked up NAK on waivers. So yes obviously this isn’t the lineup I want either, but you don’t have to start the year with every problem solved. Some things to consider I haven’t seen mentioned a whole lot;

- Can JLF grab that 3RW spot and push LOC down to his better suited 4RW spot?
- There’s still cap, time, and players left to add either on the third or fourth lines to push Meyers into scratch territory. I think we’ll definitely see one more F add.
- I personally have traded MacDermid on my CapFriendly shenanigans, but that could be too much of a shakeup to the group. I agree his $987K could be better used.
- I’m pretty close to buying into the little hype train for Pavel. Sounds like he’s going to be a fantastic 4th liner but with limited offense. Maybe he makes team out of camp?
- Kovalenko is coming so he’ll push someone down. Can almost guarantee they throw him on the projected 3rd line of Wood and Colton. But knowing our injuries he’ll be top 6 by then.
- Waivers. Someone else said it I saw. They love their waivers. Someone good enough to push Olofsson or Meyers out will almost certainly hit waivers around camp/cuts time.
I agree it makes more sense right now to wait for waivers before using any cap space. Throw out some PTOs, see if maybe guy like Sokolov hits waivers, or take someone off a team's hands for cheap. Right now with the 2.8M (minus Olofsson):

Trade something cheap for Timmins @ 1,1M (find a way to throw in MacD?)
waivers 1 forward for 925k - 1.5M or0
sign 2 forwards for 775k each

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Is there a way to have capfriendly compile all the waiver claimable players?

Or do you all have a player you wish for that goes on waivers?

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I agree it makes more sense right now to wait for waivers before using any cap space. Throw out some PTOs, see if maybe guy like Sokolov hits waivers, or take someone off a team's hands for cheap. Right now with the 2.8M (minus Olofsson):

Trade something cheap for Timmins @ 1,1M (find a way to throw in MacD?)
waivers 1 forward for 925k - 1.5M or0
sign 2 forwards for 775k each

What kind of player do you expect us to get for 775k? And Timmins is awful. He's not better than Hunt or MacDermid.

Guys are really complaining about our #6 Dman and 4th line players who will play 5 minutes a game?. In a salary cap league? Like FFS, don't you whiners have anything else to complain about?

How about this: we give our young guys like Foudy and Malinski a chance and see if Meyers and Olofsson can secure 4th line roles. If they can't, no big deal. We can make improvements at the trade deadline.

Right now we have the best group of high end elite talent and great role players. Our top 2 lines stack up with anyone and that 3rd line is going to be an absolute pain to play against and Kovalenko will help when he is eligible to play. Our D is by far the best in the league.

Drouin- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Johansen- Rantanen
Wood- Colton- Kovalenko
Cogliano- Meyers- O'Connor
Olofsson- Foudy- MacDermid

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - JJ
Hunt - Malinksi

Georgiev
Francouz

Whats the issue here?? This team is stacked.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Tatar is a bad fit for the 3rd line.

If they sign him (I doubt it since they are building a team for the playoffs) he'd need to play on the 2nd line and Lehky would play on the 3rd.

Tatar would probably thrive next to Mack but you can't have him and Drouin on the same line.
F**k that! I agree. Drouin already is our Tatar.

Is Motte still available? I didn’t see that he signed anywhere.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What kind of player do you expect us to get for 775k? And Timmins is awful. He's not better than Hunt or MacDermid.

Guys are really complaining about our #6 Dman and 4th line players who will play 5 minutes a game?. In a salary cap league? Like FFS, don't you whiners have anything else to complain about?

How about this: we give our young guys like Foudy and Malinski a chance and see if Meyers and Olofsson can secure 4th line roles. If they can't, no big deal. We can make improvements at the trade deadline.

Right now we have the best group of high end elite talent and great role players. Our top 2 lines stack up with anyone and that 3rd line is going to be an absolute pain to play against and Kovalenko will help when he is eligible to play. Our D is by far the best in the league.

Drouin- Mackinnon- Nichushkin
Lehkonen- Johansen- Rantanen
Wood- Colton- Kovalenko
Cogliano- Meyers- O'Connor
Olofsson- Foudy- MacDermid

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - JJ
Hunt - Malinksi

Georgiev
Francouz

Whats the issue here?? This team is stacked.
Some folks wanted CMac to sign everybody.

Tarasenko
Kane
Kessel

Pretty much every free agent needed to be signed by the Avs, but they don’t realize that teams who sign guys like Tarasenko are the ones who need those goal scorers and have the cap space. Avs already have goal scorers, they just needed to bring in few depth players which they did

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Some folks wanted CMac to sign everybody.

Tarasenko
Kane
Kessel

Pretty much every free agent needed to be signed by the Avs, but they don’t realize that teams who sign guys like Tarasenko are the ones who need those goal scorers and have the cap space. Avs already have goal scorers, they just needed to bring in few depth players which they did
With the Colorado River facing severe droughts each summer it's going to be impossible to land UFAs in the future.

I don't see how the team can compete long term.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
You kind of lost me here.

And what is wrong with more depth? Injuries will happen. Depth wins you Cups, as we've seen.

Heinen and C. White are fine players for 775k just off the top of my head, and waivers could yield solid guys just 200k more expensive.

I just think, while they are free (1M and less) we should be snatching up as many assets as we can fit. At the very least the guy could be a throw in to a deal for an upgrade at the deadline.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I agree as far as trying to get little more depth in case of injuries and stuff, but they don’t need Kane or Tarasenko. Those depth players can be waiver pick ups, maybe PTOs. Avs have had success with those before.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With the Colorado River facing severe droughts each summer it's going to be impossible to land UFAs in the future.

I don't see how the team can compete long term.
There is natural disaster pretty much everywhere this days

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Desperately need a top six winger, Drouin ain't it.

Colton could be the 2nd line LW, but then the center depth is abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad