Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Drouin - Mackinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Johansen - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - LoC

Vs

Barbashev - Eichel - Marchasseault
Howden - Stephenson - Stone
Cotter - Karlsson - Amadio

Why is anyone freaking out? lol deadline still to come, avs could possibly sign another third liner too. Kovalenko on the way.. Cale Makar on the blue line. Avs can beat anyone in the west.

I’d certainly prefer LOC pushed down to the 4th line but it’s certainly not a bad lineup

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Drouin - Mackinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Johansen - Rantanen
Wood - Colton - LoC

Vs

Barbashev - Eichel - Marchasseault
Howden - Stephenson - Stone
Cotter - Karlsson - Amadio

Why is anyone freaking out? lol deadline still to come, avs could possibly sign another third liner too. Kovalenko on the way.. Cale Makar on the blue line. Avs can beat anyone in the west.

I'm not freaking out, but want to point out that Vegas's 4th line with Carrier and Roy is awesome, while Colorado's is trash.

Still expecting the Avalanche to add another forward this off-season, though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Murray is a guy that got hurt in warmups twice last season alone. Wouldn’t be shocking if it is legit.

In the end though, it doesn’t matter. We’re doing the same thing here. Teams will use continue to use LTIR like this and it becomes a get out of cap jail card. There is zero desire to change this, accept and move on.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Curious, considering he was apparently fully healthy and ready to play during the playoffs. Maybe the NHL should investigate?
I am not big on conspiracies whatsoever, but yeah, there is something messed up about this. You can't have a bloke be one shot away from coming in as a backup during the playoffs and then magically be put on the LTIR for the entirety of next season.

I am not saying he's fully healthy to begin with, but there is an absolute problem from either the health staff this prior season allowing him to dress or the front office staff this season making sure he's injured enough to miss the entire year. I don't really see how there can be some grey in between all of this.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
....They literally investigate every single LTIR movement.
They do, but the medical system also gives out green cards, handicap parking stickers, and fentanyl to people who fake their symptoms or do not require it all the time. Who says that Leafs aren't paying Murray in a hidden account to sit out the entire year? I am not sure how the finances work in sports in terms of being paid, but I would not be surprised to see LeBron get much more than his 99-million-dollar contract if you disregard any of his sponsorship funds as well. Who says he doesn't have a Suisse bank account in his wife's sister's name where he gets blank cheques to cash from the NBA portion of Chinese money? I am not saying sports athletes do this, but it is very easy to conduct money laundry.

Portland Winterhawks from the Dub were hit when it was discovered they were giving away cars, higher funds, and better housing to be able to recruit top prospects both from America and Europe. Think about all things that happened in throwball and basketball when it comes to NCAA universities getting top recruits (major money makers for the school). I am very sure 98% has been able to be hidden and only some of it has come to the surface. "Faking classes, changing letter grades, and putting top athletic students in the easiest college classes" are just the tip of the iceberg.

Landeskog went from winning the cup to 2 years of LTIR
The problem is there was a gradual decline in Landeskog's play that eventually forced him to the LTIR. Murray got injured in the season, appeared as a backup in the playoffs, and is now done for the entire year. That shows a level of inconsistency to me IMHO. Again I am not saying it is a conspiracy, but it might've been serious neglect by the medical staff to allow him to back up during the playoffs that need to be dealt with properly.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
parks-and-rec-nick-offerman.gif

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Murray is a guy that got hurt in warmups twice last season alone. Wouldn’t be shocking if it is legit.

In the end though, it doesn’t matter. We’re doing the same thing here. Teams will use continue to use LTIR like this and it becomes a get out of cap jail card. There is zero desire to change this, accept and move on.
there is a wide, wide difference between Murray being available to end Toronto's season and then suddenly he's on LTIR vs. Landy's well-documented knee struggles and surgeries combined with a very transparent press conference, etc. Hell, Stone's back injury issues are barely suspicious compared to this.

This is not the "same thing."

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hey Matt, either we buy you out and you lose money or you stay on LTIR all season and collect your whole paycheck.

Reactions: Linds

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
there is a wide, wide difference between Murray being available to end Toronto's season and then suddenly he's on LTIR vs. Landy's well-documented knee struggles and surgeries combined with a very transparent press conference, etc. Hell, Stone's back injury issues are barely suspicious compared to this.

This is not the "same thing."
Murray’s injury history is far more vast than most anybody in the NHL too. Guy breaks all the time. In the end though… it isn’t going to change, so why care?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
View attachment 731420

Maybe a little humor will help everyone lighten up.
That guy is reasonable as far as the majority of Oiler fans in this city. Think about that for a moment. You dont even wanna know how many conversations I had this year with people who are convinced Evan Bouchard is better than Makar.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
Murray’s injury history is far more vast than most anybody in the NHL too. Guy breaks all the time. In the end though… it isn’t going to change, so why care?
injury history does not make a guy eligible for LTIR.

but you know this. you're spurring conversation in the dark days of the offseason without being a troll, I applaud it. :)

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad