2023-2024 Playoff Tracker - updated after each DET game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
No, just simply no. At these early stages it is just an "eye test" but none of our young players will be elite. The best is Seider that has Parayko potential. You need a team full of "paraykos" to win something in this league.
Pavel wasnt elite or projecting to possibly be elite at 18 or 19 or hell even 20. There is a reason he wasn't drafted at all twice and then 150+ as a 20yo.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Today is a good day for Yzerman to resign someone or call up from GR, give us something positive

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I think the only way Detroit makes the playoffs is by beating PIT and winning 2 of the other 3 games.

If so, to pass DET…

NYI would need to go 2-2-0

PIT would need to go 3-0-0 in their other games

WSH would need to go 2-1–1 in their remaining games

PHI would not be able to catch DET

And keep in mind, 1 of those teams can finish above them in MET3.

We ain’t done yet.

Last edited:

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I think the only way Detroit makes the playoffs is by beating PIT and winning 2 of the other 3 games.

If so, to pass DET…

NYI would need to go 2-2-0

PIT would need to go 3-0-0 in their other games

WSH would need to go 2-1–1 in their remaining games

PHI would not be able to catch DET

And keep in mind, 1 of those teams can finish above them in MET3.

We ain’t done yet.
I believe the Wings need a minimum of 7 points to get in the playoffs which means 3-0-1.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Larkin has a complete no trade for the first 5 years of his new 8 year deal. He isn't going anywhere for a while, unless he chooses to be traded.
If the Wings fail to make the playoffs for a straight decade of Larkin's career I am sure he would welcome the chance to play for a contender.

No, just simply no. At these early stages it is just an "eye test" but none of our young players will be elite. The best is Seider that has Parayko potential. You need a team full of "paraykos" to win something in this league.
At this point you are just trolling. Any of Seider's first three years in the league would be a career best for Parayko.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
you say parayko, I say Cleveland. Same stuff

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
1712799283328.png

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
No, these are just dreams. Have you seen young Zetterberg or Datsyuk or maybe Malkin, Makar to n their rookie seasons? It was evident from the first shift they are special. And yes, any team that is expected to contend needs at least one of those.

There is also an alternative way, e.g. Vegas path. However it requires all the luck n the world with Buffalo trading 1st line center for peanuts and Tampa forgetting about Marchessault.

I think next season both Seider and Raymond can be as good as Larkin. Raymond made a big step this season and it will be Seider's 4th season so he is getting to his prime or we could say he enters his prime next season.
Edvidson looks amazing to me.

I don't like our goaltending and the coach. Last game vs caps they scould have been at least 10 times more physical. I can't remember a single hit. They had to get the caps off of their game by playing physical and emotional, and they had to screen the goalie and try at least 5 redirection. I can't remember a single redirection attempt.

Hopefully DeBrincat can find his game cause 1 goal in 20 games, quarter of the season, is way too little. This is on the coach.
Both he and Kane are bad defensively, and if they don't produce offensively, they are actually negative for the team. We saw this while Larkin was out. We couldn't win a single game.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Exactly. We need to sell now very carefully building a team around Seider, maybe Edvinsson, selling the rest of the players. And yes, it includes Raymond (which is OK top-3 at best; we are not talking about Hossa here), Ras, Kasper, and the rest. We could get an excellent return and start over again with rebuild. Cossa and Augustine might be ready by then.

So the plan is to bombard Seider and Edvinsson with getting to play large minutes on an even shittier of a team than now??? Why on earth would they want to stay if Steve said at the end of this season we are restarting the rebuild. 5-7 years from now, they are Larkin's age and will long not want to be here. Also, what has bottoming out done that has you so excited about doing it again? We were record level bad, and fell to 4th overall, there is no guarantee of getting the 1st pick, and much more important than that, there is no guarantee in any top of the draft picks being in a really good draft to be at the top. See 2020.

Reactions: jkutswings

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Need the win just to survive...

Big night again, Need regulation wins by the Red Wings, Rangers, Sabers.

That'll pivot Red Wings back into playoff position by a point. With Penguins, Capitals, playing tougher teams down the stretch. (imo).

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
So the plan is to bombard Seider and Edvinsson with getting to play large minutes on an even shittier of a team than now??? Why on earth would they want to stay if Steve said at the end of this season we are restarting the rebuild. 5-7 years from now, they are Larkin's age and will long not want to be here. Also, what has bottoming out done that has you so excited about doing it again? We were record level bad, and fell to 4th overall, there is no guarantee of getting the 1st pick, and much more important than that, there is no guarantee in any top of the draft picks being in a really good draft to be at the top. See 2020.
So what are the alternatives then? Spend 5-7 years trying to get to the playoffs, make it teo/three times just to loose in the first round and then starting the rebuild? That's the Minnesota's way. Never bad enough to have a chance at MacKinnon, McDavid, Matthews, never good enough to contend. And this lasts for eternity for them.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Need the win just to survive...

Big night again, Need regulation wins by the Red Wings, Rangers, Sabers.

That'll pivot Red Wings back into playoff position by a point. With Penguins, Capitals, playing tougher teams down the stretch. (imo).
we have by far the easiest remaining schedule after this game, even though montreal seems to be turning it up (hopefully that 9 goal game gets rid of their goal input for rest of the year).

pitt has the hardest in my opinion and then washington. I am assuming islanders have officially made it in at this point, but they would be semi equal to washington in their strength of schedule.

I can only hope we play toronto hard like it seems like we have been doing and get an OT/SO W/L so that it forces us to only have to beat montreal once to get in instead of both games.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
we have by far the easiest remaining schedule after this game, even though montreal seems to be turning it up (hopefully that 9 goal game gets rid of their goal input for rest of the year).

pitt has the hardest in my opinion and then washington. I am assuming islanders have officially made it in at this point, but they would be semi equal to washington in their strength of schedule.

I can only hope we play toronto hard like it seems like we have been doing and get an OT/SO W/L so that it forces us to only have to beat montreal once to get in instead of both games.

Didn’t Montreal beat Detroit all 4 games last season?

• Wow
Reactions: lilidk and Snuggs

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So what are the alternatives then? Spend 5-7 years trying to get to the playoffs, make it teo/three times just to loose in the first round and then starting the rebuild? That's the Minnesota's way. Never bad enough to have a chance at MacKinnon, McDavid, Matthews, never good enough to contend. And this lasts for eternity for them.
Last place in the league gets you most likely the #4 pick in the draft.

You literally can't be bad enough to guarantee a Mackinnon, McDavid, or Matthews.... and you also don't have nearly as much control over where your team actually finishes in the standings as people make it out to be on message boards like this one.

There is no blueprint for how to re-build a team in this current iteration of the NHL. This what you get when the NHL decided to care more about deterring teams from tanking than helping the teams at the bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad