NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like ones like this because it gives RFAs some more power in negotiation. Broberg and Hollaway would have little choice but to take min salaries if someone else didn’t come calling. And only because the team that drafted them already blew their wad.

Not sure either is worth what Armstrong is paying… but I appreciate it nonetheless.
Broberg gonna be a stud and Holloway sure showed signs in playoffs. Oilers losing someone good b4 all said and done is what most articles I read said.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal had first right to anyone who said ‘eh’ those years

A guy named John Ferguson should not have been gifted to Montreal
Poor man was playing in Cleveland, but if there was ever somebody who should have been a Bruin it was Fergie ( his book is awesome if you can find it).

Barons did have an AHL dynasty, probably the 7th best team in the world at the time.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Poor man was playing in Cleveland, but if there was ever somebody who should have been a Bruin it was Fergie ( his book is awesome if you can find it).

Barons did have an AHL dynasty, probably the 7th best team in the world at the time.
Yup I was maybe 8 but I realized fast his name isn’t Jacques or Jean or Yvan and he’s tough and looks like a Bruins - what’s going on here lol

Reactions: Fenian24

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

The Cleveland Barons weren't probably the 7th best team in the world. They would have not beaten CSKA - Moscow, probably the 5th best team in the world even in 1962-63.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Broberg has played 81 games over 3 NHL seasons, with 2 goals and 11 assists. He was solid when inserted in the lineup during Edmonton's Cup run.

Players still technically don't get paid in the playoffs, but they certainly increase their value.

As for Swayman, all's well that ends well; but I am getting nervous. Trading Ullmark so early, for an underwhelming return, to a division foe, isn't looking great right now.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Broberg has played 81 games over 3 NHL seasons, with 2 goals and 11 assists. He was solid when inserted in the lineup during Edmonton's Cup run.

Players still technically don't get paid in the playoffs, but they certainly increase their value.

As for Swayman, all's well that ends well; but I am getting nervous. Trading Ullmark so early, for an underwhelming return, to a division foe, isn't looking great right now.

The fact that both parties declined arbitration tells me they're at least on the same page with a deal, and they're likely just wrangling over the fine details.

My gut says it's going to be expensive, and maybe more than some would like, but it'll get done. Chances are it already is and the Bruins are saving the announcement for just before the pre-season as something to hype the fans for the year to come. Have to consider too that almost all the teams that Sway might even consider have no cap space.

So yeah, not worried!

Reactions: Aeroforce

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I still think Sway is safe from this because anything at the level he's been asking from Boston would get into four first rounders territory and another franchise would have a lot of balls to give that to a goalie who has never played 45 games in a season.
We are willing to pay this goalie 8 mil or so for those 45 games

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The fact that both parties declined arbitration tells me they're at least on the same page with a deal, and they're likely just wrangling over the fine details.

My gut says it's going to be expensive, and maybe more than some would like, but it'll get done. Chances are it already is and the Bruins are saving the announcement for just before the pre-season as something to hype the fans for the year to come. Have to consider too that almost all the teams that Sway might even consider have no cap space.

So yeah, not worried!
I'm a worrier by nature, but I think you're right!

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Looking on most major sports books right now and Boston is currently +500 to win the Atlantic Division. I think that's a pretty good value, IMHO.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Montreal had first right to anyone who said ‘eh’ those years

A guy named John Ferguson should not have been gifted to Montreal
Have you ever heard the story of how they got Jean Beliveau?

Beliveau was playing in a senior league in Quebec City and the Canadiens desperately wanted to sign him. They offered him a chance to play for the glorious Montreal Canadiens, and he told them to pound sand. He was the king of the city, and made more money than anyone in the NHL except Gordie Howe and Maurice Richard. Why would he ever want to leave?

So…

The Canadiens bought the entire league - including Beliveau’s contract - and told him that he was going to play for the Habs, or he wasn’t going to play at all.

F*ck the Habs.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Montreal making good moves to better their team and their future?

1724097449370.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Laine's mental health and anxiety issues have been exacerbated by criticism he's received from fans and media in the markets of Winnipeg and Columbus. With all due respect and sensitivity to his condition, going to MONTREAL sounds like a really, really bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad