NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
What the f***?

What’s the angle here?

To what benefit is it to the Capitals (other potentially a domain name?) to have this property and shut it down to the public?
This is the second iteration of that website I forget the specifics or what the first one was called but the original owner sold up a decade ago. Weird optics but I don’t know why they’d shut it down it probably gets tons of views and is profitable for advertising.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I don't see why they wouldn't if that's what Leonis wanted. Leonis can still employ the entire CF team, keep all current agreements with source providers and essentially have CF as it runs....he just takes down the site from being accessible to the public.
Depends on who the source providers are. In the past, the source providers were providing information to an open site that served many users/customers.

Now, by definition, they will be serving the needs of Washington and Washington alone. Maybe they are happy to do that, maybe not.

I don't know and am just speculating.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'm not concerned about it because Puckpedia is already out there. Puckpedia is/was always quicker than CF to get contract details public and is even more accurate and updates quicker than CF.

People just don't seem to like Puckpedia because it's more difficult to navigate through. But that's because there is plenty more info than CF.

Self plug here: and if it's just the Bruins cap info you are looking for dom(dot)hockey is updated everyday at 5 pm (close of NHL business day). And I find it easier to read than both CF and PP because I designed it that way.
Dom, and I say this sincerely, I hope the Bruins do a Ted Leonis and pay you a lot of money for the Bruins work you do. It would be money well spent and well deserved.

Nobody (and this CERTAINLY includes the Bruins themselves) does a better job of informing Bruins fans what's going on in terms of roster, what the implications are, and how it all fits together.

And you throw out insider tidbits that are fun to speculate on to boot!!!! And -- not to open a sore subject -- anybody who bitches that you don't provide a crystal ball that guarantees exactly what will be and when, can f*** off. Seriously, the can well and truly f*** right off. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad