NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Pasta, Kucherov, Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider no goals 5v5 vs Forsling/Ekblad
Not easy scoring 5\5 against them if Bob is on and he has been on a good amount.
That said I expect one 5\5 goals by both #97\#28 by series end given they put them together at some point every game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A very Tim Thomas-like performance.

I'm gonna pump some tires here and say he reminded me of Roberto Luongo from Game 1 of the 2011 finals. ;)

HNIC put up an interesting graphic on Bob last night showing that in this years playoffs coming into last night that he had only faced roughly 400 shots compared to last year when he was over 500 shots going into the finals. Despite not scoring, Edmonton did what it needed to do and what other teams struggled to do at times against Florida. Gets lots of shots on net and spend more time in Florida's defensive zone. If they can keep peppering the 35-year old Bobrovsky with shots and zone time it should pay off later in the series especially if it goes 6 or 7 games and you get all that cross-continent travel that the Panthers and Bobrovsky are not used to.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm gonna pump some tires here and say he reminded me of Roberto Luongo from Game 1 of the 2011 finals. ;)

HNIC put up an interesting graphic on Bob last night showing that in this years playoffs coming into last night that he had only faced roughly 400 shots compared to last year when he was over 500 shots going into the finals. Despite not scoring, Edmonton did what it needed to do and what other teams struggled to do at times against Florida. Gets lots of shots on net and spend more time in Florida's defensive zone. If they can keep peppering the 35-year old Bobrovsky with shots and zone time it should pay off later in the series especially if it goes 6 or 7 games and you get all that cross-continent travel that the Panthers and Bobrovsky are not used to.
GO OILERS

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The guy has won two Vezina's and has been nominated for a 3rd this year.

Certainly capable of being a difference maker 3 more times, though Florida is going to need to be better than tonight.

Florida needed 4 periods against Boston to get going after a long layoff. So it will be interesting to see how they start G2.

I don’t get why so many people around here are ignorant to how good Bobrovsky is. Sure, his career has had inconsistencies. But he has shown time and time again the ability to be a top goalie in the game.

“Just shoot high”

Yeah, I’m sure it’s that simple.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

Problem is this is not going 6-7

Florida will cruise to the cup ,HNIC is grasping at straws.

Oilers have zero depth and the D is marginal at best, not to mention totally over matched in the goaltending Dept.

I don’t get why so many people around here are ignorant to how good Bobrovsky is. Sure, his career has had inconsistencies. But he has shown time and time again the ability to be a top goalie in the game.

“Just shoot high”

He has been a stud

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Marty Walsh basically confirms that the players are close to receiving everything back from escrow this season which means the current cap was projected bang on to revenues.

But I am surprised they settled on a cap number for next season before the revenues were totally counted from the cup finals. Doesn't usually happen that way.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I remember when the bruins lost to Washington in 2012 the excuse flying around was how it was ok since they just went to the cup final the year prior and they must have been fatigued.

Yet here’s Florida playing a physically demanding style of play going to B2B cup finals.

Very impressive
Great team, well built. Hope they win the cup playing old school hockey.

The way it's supposed to be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pasta, Kucherov, Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider no goals 5v5 vs Forsling/Ekblad
Forsling is so damn good, makes it look easy too

Marty Walsh basically confirms that the players are close to receiving everything back from escrow this season which means the current cap was projected bang on to revenues.

But I am surprised they settled on a cap number for next season before the revenues were totally counted from the cup finals. Doesn't usually happen that way.
Hi Dom, I recall you mentioning this either in print or in one of your pod appearances, any word on why it was announced prior to the Cup being decided?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He is and surprisingly I thought last night may have been his worst game, He appeared to lose his edge a few times and actually turned the puck over once or twice and got caught out of position, things you usually don't see from him.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Hi Dom, I recall you mentioning this either in print or in one of your pod appearances, any word on why it was announced prior to the Cup being decided?
Probably because the league doesn't want escrow to go beyond 6% and the PA wants it at 0% and the 88 million cap ensures that would be my guess.

Reactions: lopey

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Great team, well built. Hope they win the cup playing old school hockey.

The way it's supposed to be.
I don't mind them winning for 2 reasons. G3 and G6 watching from the Loge the teams were extremely even they just got the bounces its their year they are great on paper and we should get better while they take a step back.

Other is I am convinced that Draisaitl wants to be Pasternak's long term center don't want him winning one if its not here.

No team that has that worthless fake tough guy fat slob maroon on it can really complain about the stuff Tkachuk pulls either. Can't believe people liked his bs and want him back despite being the slowest forward in the league.

Does Spencer Knight have negative trade value or something? If I was one of the teams that we are shopping Ullmark to I would probably rather take my chances on him than Linus with a huge extension.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I remember when the bruins lost to Washington in 2012 the excuse flying around was how it was ok since they just went to the cup final the year prior and they must have been fatigued.

Yet here’s Florida playing a physically demanding style of play going to B2B cup finals.

Very impressive

Folks here are really good at making excuses.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
No franchise has milked a lone title like the Bruins who still act like 2011 was yesterday we didn't even try to improve the team that next year at the deadline we traded for Greg Zanon and that was it. A year later it was washed up Jagr and Dogavins. They were still making excuses and living off that title in the 2015 draft and when Rask sat out the last game of the year bc of diahreea. I don't think he pulls that stunt if we were still sitting on 1972 as the last title nor do they have 3 picks in a row and pass on potential generational talent that was expected to go top 10 3 times in a row.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree, and I also see lots of double standards, such as praising the 2011 Bruins, yet criticizing the Panthers for playing similar.

But factoring in the psychology of winning, I have no regrets about the Bruins in 2012. Unlike Florida this year, they were the defending champs and had their huge letdown in 2010.

Much like Vegas this year, who didn't have that extra edge of killer instinct.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH

“Just shoot high”

It's not that simple, when his D clogs the slot most of the time. He's great on breakaways, because everyone is trying to go under or around him. His pads are top notch.
That being said, Bobs had had enough bad stretches of play, including a very humble >2.8GAA before this years playoffs, to earn his share of skeptics.
His regular season career is schizophrenic to say the least, 3 outstanding years, 4-5 average, and 3 awful year(>2.9GAA <.91SV%)

He's on this year, and honestly for the $ he's made in FLA, he owes them this performance.
But if he get lit up, he's has a history of stretch of sub par play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad