NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bob is insane tonight. Shoot high on him, damn it…..

Too bad Edmonton is probably on Linus’ no go list. They’d be a force with him. Skinner has been good in playoffs but he’s not going to steal things like Bobrovsky is.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BTO

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
The Panthers will adjust for game 2, no way the Oilers will outplay them this bad. Edmonton is playing about as well as they can except for putting the puck in the net.

Agreed. This is why I think Florida wins in 5. Bob won’t be outplayed by Skinner. Florida looks like NJ in the 90’s. If you don’t get a 2 or 3 goal lead on them, you won’t win. They need 2 goals to win. Edmonton will have to show they can match Florida’s grit. I don’t think they can. Florida will be better in game 2 as you said. Hope I’m wrong but Florida wins it this year.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Tkachuk was terrible tonight, he had a handful of turnovers and I think Maurice picked up on it early and limited his ice time. He was 7th among Panthers forwards in time on ice. Bob played great as did Barkov, that guy is simply the best two-way player in the game today imo.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Game One reminded me of the ECF, in which one team carried the play most of the night, but otherworldly goaltending kept it close. Only this time it was Florida with the goalie stealing the game.

The psychology on both sides is interesting. Edmonton could hang their heads, knowing they could've/should've won; or they can build on the loss, feeling those who said they'd be no match for Florida were thus far, wrong.

As for Florida, they can take solace that they didn't have their A-Game and still won; or realize Edmonton will give them a good battle, and know they will need to be better going forward.

I don't blame either goal on Skinner; but I do think Bobrovsky likely stops both, and that was the difference.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Give BOB credit. He's been damn good.
The guy has won two Vezina's and has been nominated for a 3rd this year.

Certainly capable of being a difference maker 3 more times, though Florida is going to need to be better than tonight.

Florida needed 4 periods against Boston to get going after a long layoff. So it will be interesting to see how they start G2.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Edmonton doesn't win a Cup with that goalie. So awkward, some big guys aren't, he is.

Got to shoot high stick on Bob to beat him. That isn't where EDM shot.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad