NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
There's an awful lot of talent on that team.

I think Keefe deserves more "credit" than he is given for their failures.

Season five, time for him to go.

There is, but its skewed and the balance has never looked right in his time in charge. When players like Klingberg - and there have been others - come to your team and underperform, is that on the coach, the player, or something else? If there's a pattern it might well be the coach, especially when that pattern centers around the defense. But it's hard to say for sure.

Keefe finally got the Leafs over the first hurdle last season in that they finally won a playoff round, and against Tampa no less, and that has probably bought him some time, even though it was only one round and the team quickly imploded again thereafter. That's rapidly fading into the past now though, and to say the least Toronto have to aspire to more, and soon. They're not my team so it's not really for me to say, but my sense is to not pull the trigger on him just yet. Give it another 2-3 weeks and see. But some tough decisions are definitely going to have to be made if things continue as they are.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Toronto Media continues to beat up their team as always but more importantly building a lot of hype and talk about lack of desire and ability to go after Marchand. Next game is early Dec and I’d certainly expect fireworks. Lucic is going need to be ready to roll.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There is, but its skewed and the balance has never looked right in his time in charge. When players like Klingberg - and there have been others - come to your team and underperform, is that on the coach, the player, or something else? If there's a pattern it might well be the coach, especially when that pattern centers around the defense. But it's hard to say for sure.

Keefe finally got the Leafs over the first hurdle last season in that they finally won a playoff round, and against Tampa no less, and that has probably bought him some time, even though it was only one round and the team quickly imploded again thereafter. That's rapidly fading into the past now though, and to say the least Toronto have to aspire to more, and soon. They're not my team so it's not really for me to say, but my sense is to not pull the trigger on him just yet. Give it another 2-3 weeks and see. But some tough decisions are definitely going to have to be made if things continue as they are.
a Leaf trait, going back to the Babcock years is they have not once looked like a team who have any idea how to play with any attention to details in their own zone. I don`t have the stats in front of me simply because I am too lazy but we`ve seen enough of the Leafs under Keefe, when they lose, it is almost always due to far too consistent defensive assignments missed.

Players are a) not understanding the system or b) the system is filled with flaws

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
a Leaf trait, going back to the Babcock years is they have not once looked like a team who have any idea how to play with any attention to details in their own zone. I don`t have the stats in front of me simply because I am too lazy but we`ve seen enough of the Leafs under Keefe, when they lose, it is almost always due to far too consistent defensive assignments missed.

Players are a) not understanding the system or b) the system is filled with flaws
They've been pretty good defensively the past couple seasons, but they just kept adding poor defensive players to the roster over the summer. I think I might have asked in one of the FA summer threads, "Are they actively trying to add 100 goals against?"

Adding Bert, Domi, Klingberg and Reaves is something you do when you hate your coach but ownership tells you that you need casus belli to fire him.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Toronto Media continues to beat up their team as always but more importantly building a lot of hype and talk about lack of desire and ability to go after Marchand. Next game is early Dec and I’d certainly expect fireworks. Lucic is going need to be ready to roll.
Shit will definitely hit the fan next game. I'd honestly consider playing Lucic with Marchand.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Reeves could be in the minors by then, he's that useless as a player. If not, after he gets a beatdown from Lucic he will be done as a Leaf.
The fans and media are not happy campers at all concerning Reaves. 0-0-0, -9 stat line for the season. 7 mins per game. Dumb as f*** to sign him for 3 years at what they did. He will be 39 when his contract is over. He's not just useless right now, he's hurting the team when he's on the ice.

If he started off this way for the Bs we would be absolutely torching Monty/management for playing him instead of some of the kids in Providence. Big fan of Reaves over the years, but he is cooked at this point.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wish I could speak German but Leon Draisaitl is on German TV looking like a broken man.
Debrusk, Ullmark , Gryz for Draisaitl :sarcasm:

I wish they had some better pieces outside McDrai, because a desperation trade for Ullmark could bring a pretty nice return from them, assuming Ullmark would even waive his NTC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Geez, at this rate Edm might consider giving us McDavid, never mind Drai or RNH....jk Seriously though, say goodbye to Woodcroft. He will be the first coach fired.
I can't believe it hasn't already happened. 2-9-1 for a team that preseason was expected to contend for a Cup.

Last night was an interesting night in the NHL. Sharks beat Edmonton in the battle of the two worst teams in the league. Pit got a much-needed win over a hot Kings team that just smacked down Vegas. Kraken somehow beat the Avs. Canucks continue to be the big surprise of the season with yet another convincing win, and lead the NHL in goals-for. Panarin now up to 22 pts on the season. Bedard with a big game.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I can't believe it hasn't already happened. 2-9-1 for a team that preseason was expected to contend for a Cup.

Last night was an interesting night in the NHL. Sharks beat Edmonton in the battle of the two worst teams in the league. Pit got a much-needed win over a hot Kings team that just smacked down Vegas. Kraken somehow beat the Avs. Canucks continue to be the big surprise of the season with yet another convincing win, and lead the NHL in goals-for. Panarin now up to 22 pts on the season. Bedard with a big game.
How many coaches would that be for McDavid if he's fired? At least 5 or 6 right? Crazy....

Reactions: quietbruinfan

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
How many coaches would that be for McDavid if he's fired? At least 5 or 6 right? Crazy....
I think it's 4 -- McClellan, Hitchcock, Tippett. and Woodcroft. Still a lot of coaches for a guy has only played 8 seasons, not including this one.

Since the Bs won the Cup in 2011, Edm has had 8 coaches. Organization is a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad