NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1697543483485.png

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The insane amount of media attention Bedard is getting was to be expected. Proclaimed to be "a generational talent", drafted to an original 6 team, and starting a road trip with his first couple of games against Toronto and Montreal which are hockey crazed markets.

I understand the NHL pumping his tires and as a 1st overall, that's always to be expected but there are a couple of things that even to me seemed insane. The "Chasing greatness" graphic immediately comparing him to Gretzky with the goal totals. They also advertised a camera that specifically followed him every shift on bleacher report. Part of me was wondering if we were gonna get a shot up his rectum to see if his bowel movements were A-okay. I'd crumble if I got 1/8 of the attention he did.

He seems composed. He's playing really well. Obviously he's 18 so he's getting outmuscled and he's getting completely schooled on the faceoffs just like every other 18 year old center, but he's incredibly skilled, has a great set of hands, and has an insane wrist shot. I'm excited to see him continue.

Bedard reminds me skill wise and stylistically of Marcel Dionne and being 2 inches taller should help him offensively.

The issue for him this year will be his ability to avoid taking big hits that will injure him.
He isn't big and going up against big D corps on a nightly basis will take a toll on him.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON

My oh my....

don-jock-napoleon-dynamite.gif

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Bedard reminds me skill wise and stylistically of Marcel Dionne and being 2 inches taller should help him offensively.

The issue for him this year will be his ability to avoid taking big hits that will injure him.
He isn't big and going up against big D corps on a nightly basis will take a toll on him.
Good comparison. I have been trying to think of a comparable, and as Jon Lovitz used to say, "yeah that's it." I am not sure it well help him offensively, as Marcel made great use of being squat and skating in a crouch. It will help him around the slot and around the net though. He reminds me of a faster, more north-south Kane btw.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Good comparison. I have been trying to think of a comparable, and as Jon Lovitz used to say, "yeah that's it." I am not sure it well help him offensively, as Marcel made great use of being squat and skating in a crouch. It will help him around the slot and around the net though. He reminds me of a faster, more north-south Kane btw.

Kane is a decent comp though Bedard is stronger on his skates and shots better.

Dionne was 20 years old for Detroit his entire 1st year, while Bedard will stay 18 including PO if Chicago wild cards. So lets compare them strength and weight wise
in 2025-26.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I couldn't decide between a shocked emoji or a laughing emoji. I think your "my oh my" sums it up!
I really did notice that in last night's game . There were several instances where a pass to Bedard seemed logical and it was sent to the point instead .

With that said , I don't believe for a minute that Hall dislikes Bedard. Hall has proven through out his career to be a team player.

Probably because the defenders are expecting the pass to Bedard maybe why it went elsewhere.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Habs gave up 2 shorties in 5 sec span tonite so I took a look at stats and sure enough 8 forwards were on ice and 2 D men.Not a fan of not having 2 D men out killing penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad