NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Kid has handled it unbelievably well. Glad to see Hall speak out !

That's awesome that Hall said that. The media attention and promo stuff the NHL/Hawks/TV are having him do is insane. Let the kid focus on hockey.

Hopefully things die down somewhat for him as the season moves along. I doubt it will, especially if he starts scoring a lot. Bedard is lucky to have a guy like Hall have his back. Hall knows what it's like to get a ton of media attention.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Watched the end of the Hawks / Habs game and the fans were booing Bedard each time he touched the puck. You'd swear there's no one over the age of 12 at the Bell Centre...pathetic.
To be fair, I think this is on the NHL and the media. I even saw it in Boston game. B's fans were razzing the kid when Marchand dumped him and whenever he'd fumble a puck.

I think when someone gets rammed down your throat so much the natural reaction is to jeer/cheer when he doesn't perform like Superman 100% of time.

Not the fault of the kid in any way, shape, or form. NHL should mellow a tad. Unfairly amps up the pressure and set's a big bullseye on the kid.

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
The one that set me off was the ref welcoming him to the NHL at the faceoff. I'm sure he didn't do that for Beecher or some other schoe making his first appearance.

I feel for the kid. I hope it doesn't get to him.
Broadcasting it, sure. But I bet there has been tons of "First game, rook?" conversations in the past.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Every time I’ve seen Athanasiou on the hawks he’s always making some amazing plays. Dude can fly too.

Bedard definitely needs to add some strength to his game. Once he gets that part down he’s going to be a hell of a player.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Was browsing schedule while watching Flames vs Capitals game and noticed Friday Oct 27th & Saturday the 28th Calgary & Edmonton are off but play Sunday night.Strange to me they don't play Saturday night with Sunday a rest day for most working folks.

Reactions: sarge88

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
watched the leafs game ..glad I did ...they lost :)

on a different note, they looked super dangerous with 2 minutes left down by 2, almost expected them to tie it up....same old dangerous offense...but..same old bad goal tending and porous defense

• Love
Reactions: Blowfish

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
watched the leafs game ..glad I did ...they lost :)

on a different note, they looked super dangerous with 2 minutes left down by 2, almost expected them to tie it up....same old dangerous offense...but..same old bad goal tending and porous defense
They just need Matthews to score at least a hat trick in every game to win.

Totally doable. Don't cancel the parade yet!

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
The insane amount of media attention Bedard is getting was to be expected. Proclaimed to be "a generational talent", drafted to an original 6 team, and starting a road trip with his first couple of games against Toronto and Montreal which are hockey crazed markets.

I understand the NHL pumping his tires and as a 1st overall, that's always to be expected but there are a couple of things that even to me seemed insane. The "Chasing greatness" graphic immediately comparing him to Gretzky with the goal totals. They also advertised a camera that specifically followed him every shift on bleacher report. Part of me was wondering if we were gonna get a shot up his rectum to see if his bowel movements were A-okay. I'd crumble if I got 1/8 of the attention he did.

He seems composed. He's playing really well. Obviously he's 18 so he's getting outmuscled and he's getting completely schooled on the faceoffs just like every other 18 year old center, but he's incredibly skilled, has a great set of hands, and has an insane wrist shot. I'm excited to see him continue.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Reading the Leafs post game feed after their loss last night is music to my ears. Pitchforks are out for coach Keefe and Mitchy "pass me the xbox controller" Marner.

Bring a Bruins fan in Canada is annoying because of the biased media, you go to watch highlights and the headline on TSN or Sportsnet is "Marner has stuffed chicken breast for supper on Oct 15th" followed up the next day by "Matthews crushes 4 movies on Netflix on rare day off".

Habs, Sens, Nucks, Oilers, Jets, Flames are a complete after thought here. Blue Jays were in the post season and the headline was something around the "Core Four" in pre-season hahahaha. Long story short.......I love watching the Leafs lose!

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Reading the Leafs post game feed after their loss last night is music to my ears. Pitchforks are out for coach Keefe and Mitchy "pass me the xbox controller" Marner.

Bring a Bruins fan in Canada is annoying because of the biased media, you go to watch highlights and the headline on TSN or Sportsnet is "Marner has stuffed chicken breast for supper on Oct 15th" followed up the next day by "Matthews crushes 4 movies on Netflix on rare day off".

Habs, Sens, Nucks, Oilers, Jets, Flames are a complete after thought here. Blue Jays were in the post season and the headline was something around the "Core Four" in pre-season hahahaha. Long story short.......I love watching the Leafs lose!
Ditto...

I believe for the first time more and more leaf fans are finally realizing 4 overpaid forwards doesn't work, D is horrible, goaltending horrible, Domi was a mistake, and Bertuzzi isn't as good as expected.

If you haven't had the opportunity please be sure to read the PG thread. Music to our ears if you're not a leaf fan residing in SW Ontario

Last edited:
Reactions: MoffatMan and caz16

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

My oh my....

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

My oh my....
I couldn't decide between a shocked emoji or a laughing emoji. I think your "my oh my" sums it up!

• Haha
Reactions: Alicat and Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad