NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Anyone else think the Toronto D, Team D, and goaltending in serious trouble?

BTW be sure to read the game thread when the leafs were 2 goals behind. Comedy central.
Them and the Oilers are two teams built perfectly for the regular season. I’d be much more afraid of their own defense and goaltending than other teams should be afraid of Matthews/Marner or McDavid/Drai over a 7 game series.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Greasy is one thing, but being down right dirty and taking someone's knee out, I don't want on the bruins. Luckily it looks like Werenski is going to be ok, but IMO there's no room for that in the game.
It's wild how different camera angles can make the same play look so different. A couple angles on the Hathaway incident make it look innocent and like a nothingburger. Then there is one angle I watched that makes it look like he definitely made an effort to get his knee out and be a punk.

The Beecher boarding play the other night is another example. The usual camera angles made the play look pretty bad, but then the overhead angle showed that Beecher indeed made contact, but not nearly as much as the other angles led one to believe.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Caps are going have a long season but they are all about getting goals for Ovie. Tonight he got an assist on Malkins goal.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Them and the Oilers are two teams built perfectly for the regular season. I’d be much more afraid of their own defense and goaltending than other teams should be afraid of Matthews/Marner or McDavid/Drai over a 7 game series.

Couldn’t you say the bruins have been perfectly built for the regular season the last two years as well? Hell the might be the poster child.

Most regular season points over the last decade. Only team in the top 5 or 6 of regular season points during that span to not win a cup.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What the heck happened to the Sabres the other night? It's one game but curious to see how they follow up.
They gave up loads and loads of goals on special teams last season. Not sure why anyone would expect that to change simply because they're playing a rookie NCAA goaltender.

Reactions: MarchysNoseKnows

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Watched the Sabre Islander highlights. Tight game in which our friend Cliffy struggled a bit. He was on the ice for two against and another good chance or two. He was blatantly tripped on one of the goals against.
Buffalo's tempo is a step slow, but I imagine they will iron that out sometime between games five and ten.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Watched the Sabre Islander highlights. Tight game in which our friend Cliffy struggled a bit. He was on the ice for two against and another good chance or two. He was blatantly tripped on one of the goals against.
Buffalo's tempo is a step slow, but I imagine they will iron that out sometime between games five and ten.
Quinn and Savoie will soon be returning from injury. This Team will do damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad