NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Foligno played well on Boston last year. Believe he had 10 goals in 60 Games playing up and down the lineup. He was brutally bad his first year and people didn't let it go.

I ragged on him big time for that, but after the first 15 games was impressed with his play last year. He and Perry will be a positive force this year for Chicago.
Could be, Im just happy he's gone.

Plus his comment about the Bruins winning as many rounds as the Hawks last season tells me all I need to know about that fraud. F him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
They can go either way. EK is certainly an upgrade on the RD for Petry but
Graves will be a downgrade from Dumoulin. Its going to come down to the play of Jarry and health of Crosby, Malkin and Letang.

Has Jarry ever shown himself to be a truly “good” NHL goalie? I just don’t know why I’m supposed to buy into the fact that he’s going to be anything more than a .910-.920 save percentage goaltender sitting behind a team that isn’t really slated to give up any less chances (based on how they’re constructed) than the previous handful of years.

Dubas did what ownership wanted to do. Ie continue what I consider a “charade” for another year to bring back the Penguins glory days.

I don’t think Mike Sullivan is a good coach. I don’t think Jarry is any better than an average goaltender. They still aren’t strong defensively (long been that team’s weakness) and they are the oldest team in the league.

I don’t see how they are any closer to a Cup this year than last year. All they did was add more of what they didn’t need.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Has Jarry ever shown himself to be a truly “good” NHL goalie? I just don’t know why I’m supposed to buy into the fact that he’s going to be anything more than a .910-.920 save percentage goaltender sitting behind a team that isn’t really slated to give up any less chances (based on how they’re constructed) than the previous handful of years.

Dubas did what ownership wanted to do. Ie continue what I consider a “charade” for another year to bring back the Penguins glory days.

I don’t think Mike Sullivan is a good coach. I don’t think Jarry is any better than an average goaltender. They still aren’t strong defensively (long been that team’s weakness) and they are the oldest team in the league.

I don’t see how they are any closer to a Cup this year than last year. All they did was add more of what they didn’t need.

You said they were not making the playoffs and that's what I am responding to. Jarry has been their goalie for one PO and one DNQ and I think they are better than last year.

They stay healthy and Jarry gives them his average tending I can see them making it.
They aren't a lousy team.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You said they were not making the playoffs and that's what I am responding to. Jarry has been their goalie for one PO and one DNQ and I think they are better than last year.

They stay healthy and Jarry gives them his average tending I can see them making it.
They aren't a lousy team.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

“Lousy” is a possible descriptor for that team when all is said and done IMO.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
For you maybe nothing, For me F him, he's part of the reason we lost just by him being in the line up

No he's a fing fraud. Leader lolol

He’s been in the league 15 years and has earned that reputation. He wasn’t a great producer by any means for the Bruins, but I don’t see a reason to question his leadership or character.

You seem quite sensitive. He said that the Blackhawks won as many rounds as the Bruins. He’s right. I don’t see that as a slight against the Bruins franchise. More a factual acknowledgement of a disappointing end to the season.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
That Vegas banner ceremony was cringe-worthy. Even for Vegas standards…
Everything they do there is cringe-worthy. I think they try hard to make sure it is.
foolish vegas pregame.jpg

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
There has been some backlash on social media so lets see if the league backtracks a bit more.

Just let individual players and teams make the decision. What bothers me the most is that they are prohibiting the tape in practice. Games are one thing but practice is another.
I agree. It should be up to the individual and nobody should be criticized for choosing either direction.

In other words, the opposite of what it was last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad