NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The excessive fawning over Bedard makes the game less enjoyable, I'm not even sure they ballwashed McDavid this much. How they are choosing to cover Bedard needs to stop. Leave him alone.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
ESPN is going to promote the sport the only way they know how; by making it all about the individual star player(s).

They’ll hitch their wagon to Bedard and McDavid.

It won’t work. The ratings will continue to be what they are. This league will never be on par with the NFL or NBA when it comes to eyeballs watching TV screens nationally.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
The excessive fawning over Bedard makes the game less enjoyable, I'm not even sure they ballwashed McDavid this much. How they are choosing to cover Bedard needs to stop. Leave him alone.

It is definitely weird hearing "Is he the next kid?" when McDavid has been in the NHL for 8 years. The next "kid" has already been here.

ESPN is going to promote the sport the only way they know how; by making it all about the individual star player(s).

They’ll hitch their wagon to Bedard and McDavid.

It won’t work. The ratings will continue to be what they are. This league will never be on par with the NFL or NBA when it comes to eyeballs watching TV screens nationally.
They need to spread the hype. The Tkachuk brothers should be getting way more notice in my opinion. They have the type of personality that can grow the sport outside the old fuddy duddy mentality most hockey fans have.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It is definitely weird hearing "Is he the next kid?" when McDavid has been in the NHL for 8 years. The next "kid" has already been here.
We live in a society where it’s all about the “next” thing.

The newest iPhone even though the one you have basically does the same thing.

A new TV with a thinner screen.

Trade in your car for a new one.

Gotta get the new NHL jersey with the shiny shield at the neckline.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The media and fans need to let him just be himself. This need to compare players and immediately pit them against each other is a real turn off. I hope Fliggy is able to help Bedard navigate things this season.

Reactions: BMC and FrankerC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Reilly Smith on the Penguins? Damn, Penguins seem stacked this year. Whoever owns the Penguins must spend a lot on their teams. Let me go and check it out.... Oh
Acciari too.

They have no choice but to spend. Their fans will riot if they don't

Reactions: BMC

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Reilly Smith on the Penguins? Damn, Penguins seem stacked this year. Whoever owns the Penguins must spend a lot on their teams. Let me go and check it out.... Oh
They scavenged the waiver wire to complete their team, they suck and so do the owners

Lots of former Bs on the Hawks. Hall, Foligno, Tinordi, Donato.
I hope the Hawks get there money's worth out that stiff Foligno, thank christ he's gone

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad