NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Staal, Reimer, Prodorov made personal decisions and received death threats from the social media mobs. Leave the virtue signaling PR campaigns to the Twitter account managers.
If you are "pro personal decision" in contrast to the social media mob you speak of, I don't understand how you can then take the position that rainbow tape on sticks should not be permitted.

Personally, I don't think these kinds of things should be mandated in any way period. Whether that be due to personal opinions or apparent fear of safety by players. Obligating players to speak out in support of causes they may or may not actually support reeks of commercialization to me. It is a reality of our society, but I don't support endlessly glorifying it.

Which is why I'm pretty confused as to why the NHL is now doing a 180 and mandating the opposite thing. Or prohibiting it altogether.

I also don't consider the "social media mob" victimization to thing to be much of an argument. There's always a "mob" lurking on social media to attack groups of people for whatever their stances are.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Reactions: 22Brad Park

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Yeah I guess I don’t know what you’re looking for. This has happened in the last two markets they’ve expanded to in a big way. Arizona is just a disastrous market at all levels. What would you have the NHL do that they haven’t been doing recently? There are single digit hockey rinks in greater Houston - what should the NHL do there?

One thing I would want if I were the commissioner of the NHL is a guarantee to help grow youth hockey and expand the number of hockey facilities in the greater Houston area. I would also want to see maybe an investment in under served communities and get people from different walks of life into the sport, be it through ice hockey itself, inline hockey, or roller hockey and what not. I would also hope to see a commitment to working with local high schools set up hockey programs for younger kids who can't afford travel hockey, as well as push colleges like the University of Houston, Sam Houston State, or Rice University to potentially set up D1 level hockey programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Ok, let’s move on now. The Main Board thread has been closed and these things never end well.

thanks
I hear you Wally, but I'm just going to drop the Bruins schedule for theme nights this year so we can see what, if anything, changes in regards to the organization's plans around special initiatives that players are now protected from being a part of.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Alicat

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It's very appropriate for Las Vegas though- big & flashy.

Not my cup of tea though.
I found their inspiration :laugh:

download (17).jpeg

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Kinda lame opening slate of games. Can't say I'm interested in any of them, especially since we'll be seeing Bedard tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad