NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Another guy hyped up to go to Montreal……that doesn’t work out? Happens all the time.
In '78 the Habs were a firewagon when they traded for Pierre Larouche. Trading for Laine this year is...

1724106697853.png

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
Laine's mental health and anxiety issues have been exacerbated by criticism he's received from fans and media in the markets of Winnipeg and Columbus. With all due respect and sensitivity to his condition, going to MONTREAL sounds like a really, really bad decision.
As a Canadian still living in Canada, I would still agree with this no matter which Canadian city you mentioned.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I just hope this doesn't become Alex Kovalev all over again and becomes a huge pain in the arse, whenever he plays us.

Montreal addresses a need and IMO, he doesn't have as much pressure here...he fills a top 6 role on a team looking to make a big step next year.

Reactions: HabsAddict

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Per EF- 75 mins left on those two St Louis offer sheets.

The expectation is that both players wont be matched and will go to the Blues.

I cant believe they arent at least trying to match Holloway.

Broberg at that number no way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Nice piece of business by STL but going forward I’d lock up any young talent they wanna keep before RFA if I was them

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just hope this doesn't become Alex Kovalev all over again and becomes a huge pain in the arse, whenever he plays us.

Montreal addresses a need and IMO, he doesn't have as much pressure here...he fills a top 6 role on a team looking to make a big step next year.
isn`t this already the case?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
We're seeing more and more teams do this with their young players. They're getting their paydays ahead of schedule in anticipation of their better play being yet to come.

Risky but rewarding if the player lives up to their potential AND the cap keeps going up.
But Swayman hasn't EARNED his big contract yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad