2023 - 2024 OOT Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t know. I could see Tampa being just fine, but the bottom line is that they haven't been good this year. They've been very mediocre. Vasilevskiy has also struggled since returning.

They're the kind of team that still has the talent to just make it into the playoffs if they really want to, unlike some of the really older teams like Pittsburgh and Washington definitely goes without saying.

I figured if they could stay above water until Vasilevskiy got back then they'd be fine.

But I routinely see them getting outshot by wide margins. It's been happening all season long.

On paper they have the talent to get into the playoffs, so whatever happens to them by season's end, I don't think they're going away any time soon. I think they'll at least be on the bubble for all of or at least most of the year. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Stamkos come deadline time, but I think they'll keep him. I think they see him as a lifer, unlike Palat and Killorn and some of the other guys they've let walk in the last few years once they got to UFA.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
they were done a few games ago.

tampa
montreal
buffalol
ottawa
columbus

minnesota
chicago
seattle
anaheim
san jose

......book your tee times already
I wouldn't count out Minnesota yet, because that division is so mediocre that they can still make a push to get back in it, much like Edmonton has. It looks like they'll be fighting it out with Nashville and Arizona if that happens, unless Winnipeg falls off a bit, but they're in pretty good standing right now. They've come back to take the division lead currently, as Colorado and Dallas have both slumped a bit lately.

I definitely think Chicago, Seattle, Anaheim and San Jose are all long done. It's just a matter of how low they finish. I think St. Louis is also done, despite winning a couple in a row already since the coaching change.

Same with Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa and Columbus in the East. I may be a little scared of Ottawa making a potential run with a new head coach, but clearly Ottawa's new management/ownership has shown by their actions that it'll be a lost season by the time they finally flush DJ Smith, but that time could come by the end of this brutal road trip, which they're already 0-2 on.

Sabres LMAO
I don't follow the betting sites or who the odds on favorite next head coach to be fired is, but it's gotta be a toss up between DJ Smith and Don Granato. It seems everybody has been beating DJ Smith to the unemployment line so far this season, but I do think he's done after this road trip, unless they salvage enough points to keep him plugged in just a little bit longer. They're already in ''Fitz sent down to the bench by Shero to help Hynes'' mode, with Daniel Alfredsson on the bench for the games in Sweden and Jacques Martin being brought in as an ''Advisor to the coaching staff'' or whatever the name of his role is. It's something like that.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Philly is legit, they will be in this for a while.

NYI are complete frauds. Dominated by MTL all night and still almost came away with a loser point. They get outshot by everyone, it’s not sustainable.

I believe WSH and DET to be frauds as well and they are both starting to show that. I o don’t think the East is particularly good this year.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Just noticed Laf has cooled off for the Rags.

He has the same goals and 3 more assists then Holtz playing over 4 more minutes per game. Plus he has spent roughly 75% of all minutes this season on ice with Panarin.

Holtzy's better :sarcasm:
Laf is goalless in 12 games now with just four assists. One thing though I noticed that is different than his previous cold streaks is he's still getting shots on goal with 32 in those dozen games. Before he would go like a shot a game.

Still a bust though lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Philly is legit, they will be in this for a while.

NYI are complete frauds. Dominated by MTL all night and still almost came away with a loser point. They get outshot by everyone, it’s not sustainable.

I believe WSH and DET to be frauds as well and they are both starting to show that. I o don’t think the East is particularly good this year.
I can’t get over that Washington isn’t closer to the Blue Jackets in the standings.

First of all, there’s no elite goalie there like the Islanders have. So that takes care of that explanation.

Unless you think 30 year old AHL lifer in only his second full NHL season Charlie Lindgren will continue to play at the level he’s playing. Kuemper is playing worse than Schmid and not a whole lot better than Vitek.

Ovechkin isn’t Ovechkin this year. Whether this is permanent or not is still to be decided, but he isn’t Ovechkin this year. But he’s stoll in a three way tie with Wilson and Strome for the team lead in points with 17. Carlson is the only other guy to have at least 15 points or even more than 13. The team points leaders are on pace for 51 points.

Ovechkin is tied for the team lead in points, but is tied with his buddy the powder puppet for fifth in goals on the team. So that takes care of any Ovechkin beast mode explanation.

Speaking of powder puppet, what a terrific season he’s having. NOT! They should have traded him before he became untradable. Like back when he supposed first asked to be traded several years ago. Then again he only has a year left after this. Cap hit is way too high though.

Oshie is finished. Completely done. Burnt crispity He may as well get told to stay home like they told Backstrom. 4 points in 21 games, while averaging over 16.5 minutes a game. He just scored his second goal of the season last night.

This team looks so old, slow and they’re the most uninteresting team in the league this season. It’s like watching a team that was forced to bring a bunch of old, washed up replacement players out of retirement because the actual players went on strike.

Well, at least Anthony Mantha is having a resurgence year! Wait! No he’s not. He’s shooting almost 20% with 7 goals in 23 games. I don’t think he’s gonna finish with 25 goals…… And he may as well be 36 already. He’s one of those players that their game ages very quickly.

And without Ovechkin seriously in the goals record race, that team has nothing at all to really look forward to.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I can’t get over that Washington isn’t closer to the Blue Jackets in the standings.

First of all, there’s no elite goalie there like the Islanders have. So that takes care of that explanation.

Unless you think 30 year old AHL lifer in only his second full NHL season Charlie Lindgren will continue to play at the level he’s playing. Kuemper is playing worse than Schmid and not a whole lot better than Vitek.

Ovechkin isn’t Ovechkin this year. Whether this is permanent or not is still to be decided, but he isn’t Ovechkin this year. But he’s stoll in a three way tie with Wilson and Strome for the team lead in points with 17. Carlson is the only other guy to have at least 15 points or even more than 13. The team points leaders are on pace for 51 points.

Ovechkin is tied for the team lead in points, but is tied with his buddy the powder puppet for fifth in goals on the team. So that takes care of any Ovechkin beast mode explanation.

Speaking of powder puppet, what a terrific season he’s having. NOT! They should have traded him before he became untradable. Like back when he supposed first asked to be traded several years ago. Then again he only has a year left after this. Cap hit is way too high though.

Oshie is finished. Completely done. Burnt crispity He may as well get told to stay home like they told Backstrom. 4 points in 21 games, while averaging over 16.5 minutes a game. He just scored his second goal of the season last night.

This team looks so old, slow and they’re the most uninteresting team in the league this season. It’s like watching a team that was forced to bring a bunch of old, washed up replacement players out of retirement because the actual players went on strike.

Well, at least Anthony Mantha is having a resurgence year! Wait! No he’s not. He’s shooting almost 20% with 7 goals in 23 games. I don’t think he’s gonna finish with 25 goals…… And he may as well be 36 already. He’s one of those players that their game ages very quickly.

And without Ovechkin seriously in the goals record race, that team has nothing at all to really look forward to.

I agree with you 100%. All that talent has clearly underperformed and they are due to rebound to the mean and will only get better from here as they get even older.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
EJ Hradek calling gms on NHLN is painful
Yeah, he’s not the best. He called a game we had on there against the Rangers last year. The Severson OT winner.

I thought he was brutal at the start of the game, but he kind of grew on me as that game went on.

I think I’d almost rather hear Weekes give PBP a go, as he’s usually paired with him, but he may also not sound so great on PBP either.

Both are really solid color commentators/analysts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad