Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Don't need to strap one on for Tatum when he's 5-16 but that's the beauty of this team. Seems like it doesn't even matter if he struggles.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Celtics could sweep all four games winning by 30 and the media would drag Tatum by claiming he never won a close game
I think Felger or Mazz already were saying something like that. That it wouldn’t be as impressive a title win. Like who cares, a win is a win. Boston sports media has been terrible for my entire life I think.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I expect Dallas will have a game or two where Kyrie and the role players shoot better but this is kind of how i envisioned this might look like.

Dallas have to pick their poison, either give up a bunch of open threes to defend the rim against a team with eight guys who can all hit them at a good rate or come out of the paint defensively and suddenly they always have at least 2 or 3 exploitable matchups to attack. Meanwhile White, Holiday, Tatum and Brown can switch onto anyone around the perimeter and it not be a mismatch. Luka only had 1 assist but i think the defense deserves most of the credit for that rather than it being guys just missing great looks.

Sam Hauser might also be playable again. The Mavs don't have the speed that Indiana had and aren't selling out to stop the three like they were either. Having that 42.4% three point shooter able to give you 15-20 good minutes again is going to be so helpful.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Great win but they better be ready bc Dallas is going to push back in game 2.

Excellent game 1 and welcome back KP!

Reactions: lextune

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Incredible game from Boston and this post game show is electric with that crowd.

Still, it’s 1 game. Let’s try not to get too far ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad