Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Also I just went over to the Dallas board to see their take on the game, if the layoff affected them, etc.

Not only not a thread, but not a post? Basketball is my 4th sport (a la @DKH , but for real) so just want to confirm…we are playing the Dallas Mavericks and it’s the NBA finals, right? Like, this is it? The whole enchilada?

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

Don't fall for the bait. He barely got booed tonight. And it's bothering him.

Didn't some dork on the Blue Jackets say something similar to this when they played the Bruins in the playoffs?

For whatever reason the broadcasters like to mess with the crowd audio and it still sounded loud on tv. It's understandable too with the path the Celtics have had, but today was one of the few times these playoffs it sounded like a legit playoff crowd.

Reactions: Mione134

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Also I just went over to the Dallas board to see their take on the game, if the layoff affected them, etc.

Not only not a thread, but not a post? Basketball is my 4th sport (a la @DKH , but for real) so just want to confirm…we are playing the Dallas Mavericks and it’s the NBA finals, right? Like, this is it? The whole enchilada?
You mean empanadas…I went to a game where Mavs play and highly recommend it - it’s beautiful and get the empanadas

Lawrence (Joy on Broadway) has some great empanadas but these were really good

I was in Dallas the day after Texas Rangers won WS and barely anything about it

I saw lots of Cowboys stuff but even more of Longhorns then again it was in the heart of football season - college

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't some dork on the Blue Jackets say something similar to this when they played the Bruins in the playoffs?

For whatever reason the broadcasters like to mess with the crowd audio and it still sounded loud on tv. It's understandable too with the path the Celtics have had, but today was one of the few times these playoffs it sounded like a legit playoff crowd.
Yes - that the Bruins crowd was dead. However, I got those Mack ear plugs in case it’s really loud and didn’t use at all until the game they said was not loud - you couldn’t even freaking talk to person next to you and someone is saying the crowd was lifeless

I taped and they clearly mess with audio on broadcast so in fairness yeh it’s not what actually is

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

That'd have been Brandon Dubinsky.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Welcome to the partly healed Porzingis, WOW.

Jaylen came to play and play he did at both ends.

They were a team working together. Tatum controlled himself and managed the team play.

Hauser woke up and scored in this year's playoffs.

Poor Pritchard he was on top of his play but he couldn't score a point in 15 minutes.

Great opening game. We need to repeat Sunday to send a message as they go to Dallas.

Great Job Celtics

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Luka had one assist. Tells you something.

Every sports info is giving so much credit to KP and he deserves the credit.

However, Jaylen Brown was a star, also, IMO a big star. He scored, 22 pts, he had rebounds, he had steals and he played defense. Nice game for the Conference game MVP.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Luka had one assist. Tells you something.

Every sports info is giving so much credit to KP and he deserves the credit.

However, Jaylen Brown was a star, also, IMO a big star. He scored, 22 pts, he had rebounds, he had steals and he played defense. Nice game for the Conference game MVP.

Fair, but Porzingis turned a close game into a blow out in 5 minutes with his impression of Vinnie The Microwave Johnson. Coming off the bench and immediately raining shots and blocking everything in the zip code fired the team up to a different level.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1717779065571.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad