Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Remember when that fraud used to blow a kiss to his ( at the time ) wife before shooting a free throw ???? :laugh:

e1ff1540a9c0f27d69fb3c5d74cc733aaeb9866c_hq.jpg
kidd_02finals_08.jpg
I'm not even bullshitting you, I was just about to post this to see if anyone remembered but didn't. 😂

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Maybe we’re overly sensitive, but if they win it, I think they’ll be the most disrespected champion in maybe 20 years.
The funny thing is I think this team beats most of the champs from the last 25 years, I think they’re probably better than the 2008 Celtics. I think their big 6 have all had games dropping 20+ these playoffs and they can all defend

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Reminds me of when I’d show my team of door knockers shark attack videos before starting the day

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The funny thing is I think this team beats most of the champs from the last 25 years, I think they’re probably better than the 2008 Celtics. I think their big 6 have all had games dropping 20+ these playoffs and they can all defend

This years team is definitely getting disrespected by the media. It is kind of their own doing though with 6 years of being the bridesmaid.

They're more talented top to bottom than the 08 team, but I think the 08 team would beat them in a series. The defense of that team would be too much. This years team feasts on getting teams to break down on rotating leading to open 3 looks. The 08 team was too sound on rotating and help D. Plus the individual defenders in KG, Rondo and Posey

Reactions: lopey

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Bah - no doubt that he'll play. :nod:

from espn.com:

Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic was downgraded to questionable on the injury report for Sunday's Game 2 of the NBA Finals.

A thoracic contusion has been added to Doncic's injury report in addition to the right knee sprain and left ankle soreness that he has been playing through for most of the postseason.

Doncic has been listed as questionable on several occasions during these playoffs but has played every game, leading the league in points (519), rebounds (174), assists (151), steals (30) and minutes (744) in the postseason.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Doncic got 26 points or something in game 1 right? He kinda looked like poop at the same time. I hate the 'if game' but if Porzingis didn't go off in the 1st quarter and doncic doesn't miss as many shots as he did (which he typically doesn't), it would have been a much closer game.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Doncic got 26 points or something in game 1 right? He kinda looked like poop at the same time. I hate the 'if game' but if Porzingis didn't go off in the 1st quarter and doncic doesn't miss as many shots as he did (which he typically doesn't), it would have been a much closer game.
I don’t think so that game was ridiculously one sided. We just stopped playing for close to 12 minutes but only because we went up 29.

Should have won by 40.

Tatum and Brown need to have their big scoring games we’ll go off tonight. Might lay a stinker in Dallas but I doubt it.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
WNBA Update: Mystics now 0-12 after losing to Liberty 93-88
I know squat about the wnba, but I find it hard to believe their is such a difference in teams.

There are not a lot of teams to dilute the talent level, and new excellent rookies each year, so it seems like it would be more competitive

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I know squat about the wnba, but I find it hard to believe their is such a difference in teams.

There are not a lot of teams to dilute the talent level, and new excellent rookies each year, so it seems like it would be more competitive
The Mystics aren't *bad*, they just can't finish. They tend to lead in the first half and falter in the last 2 quarters. They just need that 1 win to get going. They're close.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
The Mystics aren't *bad*, they just can't finish. They tend to lead in the first half and falter in the last 2 quarters. They just need that 1 win to get going. They're close.
Leagues small for how much talent is out there. Not that many teams D1 college has 350.

Not sure how CT Sun manage to be really good every year despite no big names. Still can’t get behind them as mine and it sucks Jeremy Jacobs won’t let us have a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad