Post-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Leafs Roster/Changes/Turnovers & Replacement(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No... That's not true. He literally says he signing off on them "learning to win". Trotz listed off reasons what he saw improvement on from previous playoffs (1) stars were getting noses a little more dirty, stars were going to dirty areas more often and blocking shots (2) stars were making the simple play more often, not trying to force things.

You and a select few have been telling me this for the last 4 years. While you pumped Marner I repeatedly said he wasn't good.

You laughed then..4 year's ago. Whose been correct over those 4 years now that we can look back in hindsight? Was Marner Gretzky lite in these playoffs like you thought in the season?

When I said trade Marner for Eichel... You had laughed.

When I said trade Tkachuk for Marner... You laughed.

When I said he doesn't have the skillset for playoff hockey... You hadlaughed.

Safe to say, I don't care what you and the four other obsessed Marner fans think.. 70% say trade.
For all I care you can go back to the Marner appreciation thread and continue comparing Marner to Gretzky. Yes you all really compared Marner to Gretzky... I don't know if gets funnier than that.

Lmao I’m crying man. If us having a different opinion gets to you this much it’s time to log off and take a break.

You’re entitled to your opinion on here. It’s not about being right or wrong. I just genuinely don’t care LOL. Nothing anyone says on here holds any weight with the organization. You wanna trade Marner for Eichel? Cool! It’s not gonna happen just cause you said it on hf boards.

So I for one I’m not gonna waste my life bitching about something I have no control over and just enjoy the players we have until we don’t have them anymore. I’m certainly not gonna feel anyway from somebody I don’t know on the internet as well hahaha.

The funniest part is we all know Marner has flaws in his game. But to try and come on here and repeatedly say a 3x90 point player who is above PPG for his career, 2x first team all star, selke nominee is a bad player, you lose all credibility.

Last edited:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lmao I’m crying man. If us having a different opinion gets to you this much it’s time to log off and take a break.

You’re entitled to your opinion on here. It’s not about being right or wrong. I just genuinely don’t care LOL. Nothing anyone says on here holds any weight with the organization. You wanna trade Marner for Eichel? Cool! It’s not gonna happen just cause you said it on hf boards.

So I for one I’m not gonna waste my life bitching about something I have no control over and just enjoy the players we have until we don’t have them anymore. I’m certainly not gonna feel anyway from somebody I don’t know on the internet as well hahaha.

The funniest part is we all know Marner has flaws in his game. But to try and come on here and repeatedly say a 3x90 point player who is above PPG for his career, 2x first team all star, selke nominee is a bad player, you lose all credibility.
I'm not asking for your permission.

For four years, you and select others have told to shut up and sign off the internet, while you tried to sell that Marner was Gretzky like and the best player in the game and the best player on the team. You also said he was way better than Eichel and Tkachuk.

But here we are 4 years later and Eichel and Tkachuk out performed Marner substantially in the playoffs, and now we have a should Marner be traded thread. And 70% of people think he should be traded. There are also sports writers discussing it.

Do you still think Marner is gretzky like? Is he still the best player in the game and on the team... Is it still lol Marner is better than Tkachuk and Eichel? Why aren't you all still saying these things?... You were so confident then but now it's silence?

Because it's evident how stupid those claims were then. But it won't stop you from doing it again during his next season hot streak.

Here we are though.... Your now saying Marner "slows the game down"....And because I disagreed, it's back to the same old "lmao get off this board Marner hater!!!"

How did that play out the last 4 years? I've been certainly closer to right than you and the few others in your band.

Lol haha lmao emoticon emoticon (am I doing this lol thing right?)

• Haha
Reactions: francis246

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You know tavares stay a good player, hes overpaid for sure but still a good player. Im fine with marner playing with tavares

You know reinhart was 1 of best 3 best offensive player of florida... was playing in 3rd line and was the foward with highest ice time in playoff. Playing on 3rd doesn't mean playing less

Nylander avoided area where he risk to be hit... the goal you talked about was on pp he was all alone resulting of a lucky bounce behind the net on forechecking... not what i called going in dirty area.... how many time did you see nylander going on traffic trying to screen, deflect the puck or whatever by paying the price in front of the net..

Where nylander is dangerous at 5v5 is off the rush... and he can still as dangerous playing in 3rd line
With about 50 minutes per game at even strength, Mitch and Willy get about 15 each, and the other two get about 9 each. So if they still get the same ice time, then either the top line only gets 10 minutes, or you're shuffling players all the time, which I think everyone agrees doesn't work.

Maybe better would be to move Willy to 2C with Mitch on the wing (if Willy can score 40 with nobody to skate with him and set him up, just think what he could do with Mitch), and move JT to 3C (and PP).

So the slot with a defenceman there isn't a 'dirty area' if it's Nylander? And of course you ignored the other goal. Yes, he avoids getting hit, but mainly by getting out of the way. Gretzky also avoided being hit - I guess you hated him too?

Reactions: arso40

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Can’t lose what you never had.

Last edited:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
With about 50 minutes per game at even strength, Mitch and Willy get about 15 each, and the other two get about 9 each. So if they still get the same ice time, then either the top line only gets 10 minutes, or you're shuffling players all the time, which I think everyone agrees doesn't work.

Maybe better would be to move Willy to 2C with Mitch on the wing (if Willy can score 40 with nobody to skate with him and set him up, just think what he could do with Mitch), and move JT to 3C (and PP).

So the slot with a defenceman there isn't a 'dirty area' if it's Nylander? And of course you ignored the other goal. Yes, he avoids getting hit, but mainly by getting out of the way. Gretzky also avoided being hit - I guess you hated him too?

Matthews played 281 shift at 5v5 on 1st
Nylander 283 on 2nd

Oreilly The difference is less than 1 shift by game... ohhow can this be possible!!!!!

The thing you just dont understand, you can move with your line up during a game...like after a penalty kill, you can come back with something like matthews-nylander like leafs already did all the time. When they need a goal, they can move up nylander or whatever...

For goal wich one you taljing about, the one he hadabsolutly nobody close of him in the slot

Screenshot_20230623_142509_YouTube.jpg

Or his 2nd one from peripheric where he just bypass montour from the outside?
Screenshot_20230623_142350_YouTube.jpg

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Matthews played 281 shift at 5v5 on 1st
Nylander 283 on 2nd

Oreilly The difference is less than 1 shift by game... ohhow can this be possible!!!!!

The thing you just dont understand, you can move with your line up during a game...like after a penalty kill, you can come back with something like matthews-nylander like leafs already did all the time. When they need a goal, they can move up nylander or whatever...

For goal wich one you taljing about, the one he hadabsolutly nobody close of him in the slot

View attachment 720516

Or his 2nd one from peripheric where he just bypass montour from the outside?
View attachment 720517
Switching to number of shifts because you were wrong about ice time? And why Matty and Willy?

Seriously, your dislike of Willy is really clouding your judgement.

And wasting my time. No more.

myleafs

May 25, 2021

Comparing anyone on the leafs let alone Nylander to gretzky........:facepalm:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Switching to number of shifts because you were wrong about ice time? And why Matty and Willy?

Seriously, your dislike of Willy is really clouding your judgement.

And wasting my time. No more.
5v5

Matthews 19: 36
Marner 18:43
Nylander 16:59
Oreilly 16:56
Tavares 15:21

Totql
Matthews 22: 52at 5v5 25.5
Marner 24:08 at 5v5 26,8 shift
Nylander 18:45 at 5v525,7
Oreilly 19: 49at 5v5 25,1
Tavares 18:44 22,8 shift

So at the oreilly who played more than anyone of leafs second line.. wow how it is possible. You are not suppose to play as muxh a 3rdd line player!!!!

United35

Jan 16, 2021

For four years, you and select others have told to shut up and sign off the internet, while you tried to sell that Marner was Gretzky like and the best player in the game and the best player on the team. You also said he was way better than Eichel and Tkachuk.

But here we are 4 years later and Eichel and Tkachuk out performed Marner substantially in the playoffs, and now we have a should Marner be traded thread. And 70% of people think he should be traded. There are also sports writers discussing it.

Do you still think Marner is gretzky like? Is he still the best player in the game and on the team... Is it still lol Marner is better than Tkachuk and Eichel? Why aren't you all still saying these things?... You were so confident then but now it's silence?

Because it's evident how stupid those claims were then. But it won't stop you from doing it again during his next season hot streak.

Here we are though.... Your now saying Marner "slows the game down"....And because I disagreed, it's back to the same old "lmao get off this board Marner hater!!!"

How did that play out the last 4 years? I've been certainly closer to right than you and the few others in your band.

Marner has never had a Bobrovsky or a legitimate cup contending defence.

Let’s see how Marner does when he gets more games played in the playoffs. He doesn’t construct the roster.

Lastly, Tkachuck’s playoff stats prior to this season smell like Pepe le pew….

27 games, 7 goals, 8 assists, -11

And Eichel never played in the playoffs before this year, because of his teams roster construction, so give Marner a break already.

geo25

Sep 28, 2017

I would have traded Marner with his flaws (esp for the Antr...one less Amigo to worry about...

Why waste your time pointing out the obvious....should have shipped him out years ago....

Reactions: Antropovsky

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Marner has never had a Bobrovsky or a legitimate cup contending defence.

Let’s see how Marner does when he gets more games played in the playoffs. He doesn’t construct the roster.

Lastly, Tkachuck’s playoff stats prior to this season smell like Pepe le pew….

27 games, 7 goals, 8 assists, -11

And Eichel never played in the playoffs before this year, because of his teams roster construction, so give Marner a break already.
Leafs spent to the cap....beyond the cap actually because Oreillys contract was partially retained by others. They can't afford better goalies or defense. They spent all their money on forwards and three of those forwards are the highest paid players in the league. Higher than Eichel, higher than Tkachuk, higher than Pietrangelo, higher than Brobrovski...etc etc.

When you pay players too 5 wages, you except them to perform better than those who are paid less... And that will compensate for the weaknesses in goal and on defense.

But as you noted, the leafs aren't able to compensate! Meaning the pay structure isn't working!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Comparing anyone on the leafs let alone Nylander to gretzky........:facepalm:
Only as far as avoiding being hit. What an overreaction. :facepalm:

5v5

Matthews 19: 36
Marner 18:43
Nylander 16:59
Oreilly 16:56
Tavares 15:21

Totql
Matthews 22: 52at 5v5 25.5
Marner 24:08 at 5v5 26,8 shift
Nylander 18:45 at 5v525,7
Oreilly 19: 49at 5v5 25,1
Tavares 18:44 22,8 shift

So at the oreilly who played more than anyone of leafs second line.. wow how it is possible. You are not suppose to play as muxh a 3rdd line player!!!!
And now switching away for ES time. WOW. Forget it, it's not worth my time chasing you down rabbit holes.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Only as far as avoiding being hit. What an overreaction. :facepalm:

And now switching away for ES time. WOW. Forget it, it's not worth my time chasing you down rabbit holes.
I said 5v5 but its even strenght time ...
And its not one shift by game of 45 sec at even strenghtt who will make a huge difference at the end and like @ULF_55 said, you can watch at NHL.com pretty easily

Nylander is a tremendous pure offensive player who doesn't like physical play, who coming with defensive defiency and cheating in defensive zone. Thats does't nake him a worst player, its just what he is... hes a kind of kessel 2.0 who helped pittsburgh to win 2 cup.

Exemple marner... offensivly, its similar and i sont think marner is better offensivly. he doesnt like physical game too. The biggest difference between both its marner working harder... working harder on forecheck and defensivly

If leafs can find a way to keep nylander offensive impact and reducing nylander defensive defiency/ cheating.it will just be a win/win for everyone. Nylander will look better, leafs will look better...

With Matthews and marner on different line, they will draw greatest attention... exemple tampa will try to send point and cirelli line vs those 2 line... so nylander eill face exemple paul line... if hes doing something wrong defensivly, good chance thats doesn't hurt as much doing it vs paul or maroon line than kucherov or stamkos line who can make you pay every little mistake ( like this season ). If leafs dont pay as much on nylander defensive issues, leafs will trailing less during game and yes thats will increase nylander space playing in tie game or with a lead

5: Number of goal nylander get caught cheating this year vs tampa line

1st 2
2nd 3
3rd 0
4th 0

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I don't get how guys are pissed at Marner when we got Matthews,
Personally not really pissed at either of them, just re-signed pragmatism. Matthews and Nylander can be locked up long term now, and realistically they are a good enough 1-2 elite offensive punch if the rest of the mix is right. I hate the idea of Matthews being the highest paid player in the league, but as long as he's here you've got the centrepiece of a good/great team. Without him that gets much harder to thread the needle.

Reactions: notDatsyuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad