Post-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Leafs Roster/Changes/Turnovers & Replacement(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Leafs should go all- in with hallebyuck

Just watch florida this season
Tb or mtl last couple of year...
Rask/thomas
Quick

When youre able to have a goalie whos able to elevate his game at an elite level and stole you 1 or 2 playoff series by himself, thats drastically raising your chance to win the cup

Just bobrovsky this season, Caroline was the best team on the ice but Bobrovsky just too good, same thing vs leafs...the leafs had been the best team most part of thst aerie but Bobrovsky was much better than leafs Goalie...

If Toronto can get that kind of vezina/ conne smythe quality of goalie... nothing else can improve as much leafs team! So go all in with him if hes available
While I would really like to have Helly we didnt lose because of our goaltending. We lost because all of our top guys didnt show up....again. They are paid to score and if they dont we lose...they didnt and we lost. Pretty much the same every year.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
So tired of the trade marner keep willy because he is a playoff warrior. Mitch is afraid willy is not

11games this year
MM 3-11 14 points +8. 18 hits
AM 5-6 11 points +3. 38 hits
JT 4-4 8 points -1. 26 hits

Wonder boy everyone’s hero

WN 4-6 10 points -4. 3 hits lol
-4. 3 hits lol what a hero
I would not go that far...Willy blatently pulls up more than anyone I have ever seen. Will not surprise me if he beats Kessels iron man streak...kidding but not kidding

No you trade marner because you get a better return.

Actually, you trade Matthews because both marner and Nylander outscored (goals) him in the 2nd. round. And you pick up a defensive forward to replace him for 1/4 the cost.

2nd. round
Nylander - 3 points (2 goals)
marner - 3 points (1 goal)
Matthews - 2 points (0 goals)

Actually, you keep them all and get a coach.
Does Matthews and Marne/Nylander have it in them to play physical/scrappy stick up for yourself and your linemates type of hockey if a new coach asked for that? If they do then Id be good with giving them a try but at this stage of their career I honestly dont think they have that in them.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Brown and Bertuzzi seem like good targets. Perry would be fine too especially if they extend Acciari. Johnsson would be intriguing on a league minimum deal

Problem is they probably need a puck mover for the D and a 3C, and not sure I see great there's many good options. May need a trade to solve those.

We do need a puck mover, which Erik Gustafsson technically is and so are guys like John Moore on the cheap.

I do wonder if it's time we got a Mr Everything defenseman to re-spend some of that Jake Muzzin money.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
We do need a puck mover, which Erik Gustafsson technically is and so are guys like John Moore on the cheap.

I do wonder if it's time we got a Mr Everything defenseman to re-spend some of that Jake Muzzin money.
Need one of those quiet vets like an alec martinez.. just younger than 35 thats all

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

I think it’s going to be too expensive asset wise to retool back into a faster team, best bet at this point is to get a high end puck mover (not necessarily an offensive guy just someone with an elite first pass) to bridge the gap and retool the forwards to be more violent on the forecheck.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think it’s going to be too expensive asset wise to retool back into a faster team, best bet at this point is to get a high end puck mover (not necessarily an offensive guy just someone with an elite first pass) to bridge the gap and retool the forwards to be more violent on the forecheck.

I actually wonder if we could grab some speed and skill cheaply by revisiting a player like Andreas Johnsson. But yeah, I think the direction of travel is more towards the grit grind.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
He probably did speak with someone, and perhaps whoever that was indicated that the players felt comfortable about Dubas leaving. But somehow that has now morphed into he has given no trade assurances to the core.

It's funny how these things get twisted and then presented as fact.

It wasn’t about Dubas leaving, it was about them all coming back.

Clearly it wasn’t merely “a” player and that some measure of assurance was made if the “top” players don’t expect to be moved.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
While I would really like to have Helly we didnt lose because of our goaltending. We lost because all of our top guys didnt show up....again. They are paid to score and if they dont we lose...they didnt and we lost. Pretty much the same every year.
Leafs didnt lost becausevof their g but didnt won because of him...their was fine to good but in playoff you need more...

I will talk about Tkachuk... if bobrovski is not great gm 5 he didnt score ot goal, if Bobrovski is not amaizing gm 1-2-3-4-5 vs tor and 1-2-3 vs carolina, we didn't talked about him the same way...

He would not scored winning goal in 4th ot gm 1, ot goal gm 2 ...

Everything started with goaltender playing an elite level

Tampa elite goaltending
HolbyBinnington murray/fleury, Crawford, quick was able to play at elite level when they need it the most. Watch every team except maybe colorado last season, you need a g being able to play at an elite lvl in playoff...

Samsonov was good but every game except 1, he gave weak goal...if you can have a samsonov without the weak goal everygame, maybe its leafs we would be in final right now. Difference between winning and losing or loiking good/bad can be really small.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Leafs didnt lost becausevof their g but didnt won because of him...their was fine to good but in playoff you need more...

I will talk about Tkachuk... if bobrovski is not great gm 5 he didnt score ot goal, if Bobrovski is not amaizing gm 1-2-3-4-5 vs tor and 1-2-3 vs carolina, we didn't talked about him the same way...

He would not scored winning goal in 4th ot gm 1, ot goal gm 2 ...

Everything started with goaltender playing an elite level

Tampa elite goaltending
HolbyBinnington murray/fleury, Crawford, quick was able to play at elite level when they need it the most. Watch every team except maybe colorado last season, you need a g being able to play at an elite lvl in playoff...

Samsonov was good but every game except 1, he gave weak goal...if you can have a samsonov without the weak goal everygame, maybe its leafs we would be in final right now. Difference between winning and losing or loiking good/bad can be really small.
Still has nothing to do with the fact that our scorers didnt score.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

It wasn’t about Dubas leaving, it was about them all coming back.

Clearly it wasn’t merely “a” player and that some measure of assurance was made if the “top” players don’t expect to be moved.
He called them to share the news about Dubas.

How many of these players did Johnston speak to?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
He called them to share the news about Dubas.

How many of these players did Johnston speak to?
And spoke about their futures.

Listen, you suggested I’m extrapolating baselessly, I provided the basis for my opinion and feeling that they’ve been provided reasonable assurance in coming back

You don’t believe that happened and assume CJ doesn’t have a clue? Great, doesn’t matter to me.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
To me, it’s plain and simple, you can’t build a true Cup contending team when you have 4 forwards (of which now only one plays center) making over $40 million. Trade Marner because he gets you a better return than Nylander, takes up more cap room, and disappears at crucial times in the playoffs. However, Nylander may also need to be traded if he wants more than $9 million on his next contract.
True, but even more so if you correct the perspective: three players making over $33.5M.

(Nylander is at least providing value for his $6.9M.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad