Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
some guy at hfboards told us to do so, we have no choice
I think it is too early to trade prospects except for a move where MTL would get a young potential top 6 F vs a young potential top 4 D. This is the only scénario where I would see Mailloux being traded.

Jul 6, 2016
My guess at this point is we see something like this to start the season:

Caufield - Suzuki - Ylonen
Pearson
- Dach - Monahan
RHP - Newhook - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher
Pezzetta

All the others go to the farm/junior to start. The italicized players are most likely to be moved around in the lineup or scratched, depending on performance.

I think unless Ylonen has a mediocre camp, he'll get a shot to start because he's not waivers-exempt.

Slafkovsky, Heineman, Farrell, Roy would benefit from big-minute playing time on the farm, but if any of them stand out in camp, we might see them challenge the positions of those italicized players.
OMG ! Ylonen on the first line. Are you kidding ? the guy won't even be in the top 12. And Pearson, a 4th liner at best.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Eventually the absolute war chest of young defenseman will be used to acquire a high end forward.

But making those decisions now is way too early.
To do so (especially a high end forward), you gotta sell high on your best assets. Like say, before Trudeau comes up and bumps up a regular, you gotta sell the regular before he loses the spot and gets devalued. It takes serious ballzzz to do so.

But yes, we aren’t there yet. Not even close. I’m anxious to see a move like that, orchestrated like a maestro :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad