Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We may have to expose Ylonen or Pezz unfortunately. If only we could get rid of Armia and/or Gally it would solve so many problems.

RHP has to stay up. He was solid last year and has earned his spot.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Caufield-Suzuki-Monahan
Slafkovsky-Dach-Gallagher
Pearson-Newhook-Anderson
RHP-Evans-Armia

Pezz or Ylonen

Matheson-Savard
Guhle-Barron
Harris-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Lindstrom

Allen
Primeau

Bolded players seem to be the one on the bubble for now. I'm not a big fan of Gallagher playing with Dach but i'm not sure where to fit him in the lineup.
What are you doing with Montembault? Trading or waiving him?

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Here's my guess on our 23 man roster:

13 Forwards:
Caufield, Suzuki, Monahan
Ylonen, Dach, Slafkovsky
Gallagher, Newhook, Anderson
Pearson, Evans, Armia
Pezzetta

8 Dmen:
Matheson, Savard
Guhle, Kovacevic
Harris, Xhekaj
Lidstrom, Barron

2 Goalies:
Allen, Montembeault

IR:
Price, Wideman, Dvorak

AHL:
RHP, L.Anderson*, Farrell, Stephens*, Mesar, Heineman, Roy, Simoneau, Kidney, Condotta*
Struble, Beaudin*, Norlinder, Mailloux, Trudeau, Keeper*
Primeau*, Dobes

Minors/Europe
Beck, Reinbacher

Biggest question mark is RHP - he deserves a spot in the NHL but I'm not sure if they're willing to demote someone else and expose them to waivers
Switch RHP with Armia. Then Ylönen with RHP. Maybe Pearson with Gallagher.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
So far, the players who have yet to play a preseason game:

F: Gallagher, Evans, Armia, Kidney, Maillet, Mysak, Pearson and some AHL contracted guys like Ortiz, Yaremko, Novak & McKay and invites Smilanic & Dufort.

D: Matheson, Beaudin, Struble and some AHL contracted guys like Galipeau, Bisson, Tourigny, Ortiz, Laaouan & Parker-Jones and invite Demin.

G: AHL contracted guys Mann & Émond and invite Vrbetic.
You have Ortiz twice :)

I'm not expexting to see any of these 3 goalies in the remaining 4 games.

As for D, I don't think any of them will dress outside of Struble Beaudin and maybe Tourigny.

At: I think most of them will get a game in the B2B that is coming tomorrow at the exception of Yaremko, Novak Smilanic and Dufort.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I'll wait for the next 4 games to evaluate both but why not Pezzetta instead of Ylonen?
Absolutely , I have to look at our depth chart to make sure its really one or the other and not both lol. Id really rather not lose ylonen for nothing , he's a free 30 points if he plays all season

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I find Ylo has had a good camp. Played much better in the 3rd against the devils and deserves a chance to show what he can do before likely losing him on waivers.

. I think Pez, Armia and Kovy will be the extras. Gustav on waivers.

Cole - Suzi - Monahan
RHP - Dach - Slaf
Pearson - Newhook - Andy
Ylo - Evans - Gally

Matheson - Savard
Ghule - Barron
Xhekaj - Harris

Reactions: Paddy17 and Fenris

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
We have so many players in the pool now that losing a few guys is inevitable at some point, it's just a numbers thing. Guys like Yolo, Pez and Primeau have been in the system for 5 years now, the staff knows what they have in them and how much development might stiill be on the table. I wouldn't be all that heartbroken about losing any of them in the long run. The NHL is a hard league to play in, it is what it is.

Last edited:

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
We have so many players in the pool now that losing a few guys is inevitable at some point, it's just a numbers thing. Guys like Yolo, Pez and Primeau have been in the system for 5 years now, the staff knows what they have in them and how much development might stiill be on the table. I wouldn't be all that heartbroken about losing any of them in the long run.
Exactly. I would keep Primeau for another year just because Allen is always injuried, but Pez... what's the point. Because he can fight? Let's not demote RHP who has a good camp for something like that. Losing Pez would not matter.

Reactions: Paddy17

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You have Ortiz twice :)

I'm not expexting to see any of these 3 goalies in the remaining 4 games.

As for D, I don't think any of them will dress outside of Struble Beaudin and maybe Tourigny.

At: I think most of them will get a game in the B2B that is coming tomorrow at the exception of Yaremko, Novak Smilanic and Dufort.

He's so good, I had to name him twice. :sarcasm:

I agree about the D. The only AHL D I can see get at least a game are Galipeau and Bisson.

Reactions: EveryDay

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Ylonen hasn't really done anything this camp to make the club. He's been average at best, still time to make an impression but time is running out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We may have to expose Ylonen or Pezz unfortunately. If only we could get rid of Armia and/or Gally it would solve so many problems.

RHP has to stay up. He was solid last year and has earned his spot.
Pezzetta is not getting waived. He brings an element that only a few Habs can bring.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad