Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't think Stamkos is going anywhere. Dumba saying he is leaving makes me think we are holding onto Sergachev because otherwise he'd have been an easy solution. But it's just as likely that I'm wrong

What, McDonagh is already the solution. Dumba is too expensive for a 3LD also...

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Much as I think Cernak is overpaid and injury prone, I don’t think we traded for McD just to weaken the blue line by trading away Cerny or Serge. I do think Perbix could fetch us a nice lil return since he’s young, right handed and can contribute on both ends. Maybe we flip him for a similarly young, cheap forward with middle 6 potential … or maybe we use him to get rid of Sheary
Honestly if we could get a top 6 forward , or young top 9 forward with a year or two, and a young right hand defenseman with a year or two on term for any of perbix,jeannot, cernak, or Cirelli I would be okay with it. We probably need to move jeanot + a d, cernak, or cirelli to sign Stamkos, top 6 d, and a top o forwars.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Honestly if we could get a top 6 forward , or young top 9 forward with a year or two, and a young right hand defenseman with a year or two on term for any of perbix,jeannot, cernak, or Cirelli I would be okay with it. We probably need to move jeanot + a d, cernak, or cirelli to sign Stamkos, top 6 d, and a top o forwars.

Lol any of those pieces would require the one guy you left off the list who also happens to cost the most, Sergachev.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What, McDonagh is already the solution. Dumba is too expensive for a 3LD also...
That's kind of where I was going with that. We're already paying Sergachev a fortune and if Dumba is walking away, we clearly aren't allocating any of Sergachev's salary to bring Dumba back at any cost. He wasn't that good anyway so I'm fine with it. Would rather have Fleury at 3LD for cheap

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Saw this from a Columbus POV on CapFriendly. would clear almost 7m before signing Johnson and Texier. Leaves us exactly 12m to sign Stamkos/Johnson/Texier/RFA's. Moving Sheary adds another 2m to that
snip (63).png

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Saw this from a Columbus POV on CapFriendly. would clear almost 7m before signing Johnson and Texier. Leaves us exactly 12m to sign Stamkos/Johnson/Texier/RFA's. Moving Sheary adds another 2m to that
View attachment 879734
I don't think CBJ is keen on moving Johnson. That is waaaayyyy too soon. And for Cirelli to boot. I would like to see Cirelli go to a team with a lot of cap, use that money to sign Duclair and Stamkos and someone else who's gonna help our bottom 6 like Dakota Joshua or Dom Kubalik. If we get Sheary to waive for a trade it'll probably have to come on draft day. Bonus points if we can figure out how to snag Kaliyev

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Problem with the CBJ deal isn't Johnson believe it or not, I just don't see them dealing Jenner except for an extreme overpayment. I'd take the deal as well as is.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Problem with the CBJ deal isn't Johnson believe it or not, I just don't see them dealing Jenner except for an extreme overpayment. I'd take the deal as well as is.

2nd last year of his contract and he'll be 31 this summer, he fits our window and Cirelli fits theirs. I drafted the same proposal awhile ago.

The biggest argument for moving Cirelli/Sergachev aside from capspace is that they are able to bring in great, immediate returns for being young players locked up. Teams like Seattle or Detroit who are trying to be competitive, have capspace need an offensive LHD, you could pretty much gouge anything you want from them for Serg. Or Columbus and Chicago are in dire need of a 2C, lots of teams with capspace looking for talent right now, we'd be finally trading from a position of strength compared to the last couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFC

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
2nd last year of his contract and he'll be 31 this summer, he fits our window and Cirelli fits theirs. I drafted the same proposal awhile ago.

The biggest argument for moving Cirelli/Sergachev aside from capspace is that they are able to bring in great, immediate returns for being young players locked up. Teams like Seattle or Detroit who are trying to be competitive, have capspace need an offensive LHD, you could pretty much gouge anything you want from them for Serg. Or Columbus and Chicago are in dire need of a 2C, lots of teams with capspace looking for talent right now, we'd be finally trading from a position of strength compared to the last couple years.
I think a lot of teams view Sergachev as a #1D and we could sell incredibly high on him. This is likely peak value for him. We could get a great young player on a good deal. Probably a short term deal, but still. That's a trade where it's easy to envision the return being more important to the team, while Sergachev becomes more important to his new team too.

The reality is he's blocked by Hedman, and when that changes, the window is closed anyway.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

I get that, but when we played them the broadcast went on for about an hour as to why Columbus’s GM said he wouldn’t ever be dealing Jenner

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I get that, but when we played them the broadcast went on for about an hour as to why Columbus’s GM said he wouldn’t ever be dealing Jenner
Columbus has a new GM, but I don't think one of his first major moves would be to trade the team captain.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Columbus has a new GM, but I don't think one of his first major moves would be to trade the team captain.

Every team has a price, even so, Columbus/Jenner is just an example. There's plenty of teams who would value him more than we do with some nice pieces. Chicago, Utah, Anaheim, Buffalo, Carolina.. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad