Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Hayton, Wahlstrom, Kakko, Kaliyev are the top "change of scenery" young forward candidates.

I wouldn't hesitate to throw Lundestrom, Frost, & Brink in there as well, as Anaheim won't have room for Lundestrom much longer, and Tortorella doesn't like Brink or Frost.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Hayton, Wahlstrom, Kakko, Kaliyev are the top "change of scenery" young forward candidates.

I wouldn't hesitate to throw Lundestrom, Frost, & Brink in there as well, as Anaheim won't have room for Lundestrom much longer, and Tortorella doesn't like Brink or Frost.
The only ones that are obtainable with our assets is Kaliyev, Hayton, and probably Frost.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The only ones that are obtainable with our assets is Kaliyev, Hayton, and probably Frost
I have no earthly clue what the Kings even want for Kaliyev. All I can say is "IMMEDIATELY put him on a line with Hagel and Stamkos" idk maybe that's who we get for Cirelli? We need the money and Stamkos needs to move back to center. You wanna know why he can't do shit 5 on 5? Our coaches won't play him with anyone but the 2 streakiest guys on offense and refuse to take him off the wing

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
JBB needs to understand the cap space is more important than the return move on from him take a 4th rounder and say goodbye

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Cant see us moving Cernak. We are way too weak on the right to lose the one guy with a track record.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Here’s a weird thought: Have we ever tried Hedman on the right side?

I don't think you can get much results moving a 33 year old who's played left his entire career to the other side. Hedman has enough brainfarts on his strong side, having him pivot more and not having the boards to angle attackers onto is probably not a good thing.

Playing the off hand is much more offensively beneficial while it hurts you defensively which is why we've always talked about moving Sergachev instead of anyone else, because he can be babysat by Hedman or McDonagh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad