2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Pep Guardiola versus Jurgen Klopp: Klopp successful 12 times, Guardiola 11 times, and honours shared five times.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Based on the last season in the Championship, who would have thought that with third of the season gone, Luton would have some many points over Burnley and Sheffield.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Based on the last season in the Championship, who would have thought that with third of the season gone, Luton would have some many points over Burnley and Sheffield.
I'm one of those, I thought Luton was clearly the worst club since 2021-22 Norwich City, but they're proving me wrong. Burnley is trying to play like they are a top-table club and sometimes you gotta park the bus being one of those lower teams. Kompany ain't doing that though. Sheffield was destined to fail, especially when they sold a top-calibre club player to a relegation rival lol.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How come if you play UCL on a Wednesday, you can’t play early game on Saturday, but you can play PL Wednesday night and have to do early game Saturday? This is a thing right?

LFC have to do Wednesday night, into early game Saturday on Dec 6/9 and just wondering why the difference other than they love to put LFC in the early game. A bit weird.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
How come if you play UCL on a Wednesday, you can’t play early game on Saturday, but you can play PL Wednesday night and have to do early game Saturday? This is a thing right?

LFC have to do Wednesday night, into early game Saturday on Dec 6/9 and just wondering why the difference other than they love to put LFC in the early game. A bit weird.
1. Travel
2. In December all bets are off

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1. Travel
I mean, last I checked UCL had games in December too; and not sure travel is relevant because whether you are the home or away team in UCL, the PL still doesn’t Wed late PM/Sat early AM teams. But yeah , maybe(?) but again just looking for consistency here. Doesn’t make sense to throw it out in the window in December; not like it’s the only option

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, last I checked UCL had games in December too; and not sure travel is relevant because whether you are the home or away team in UCL, the PL still doesn’t Wed late PM/Sat early AM teams. But yeah , maybe(?) but again just looking for consistency here. Doesn’t make sense to throw it out in the window in December; not like it’s the only option
I never understood this fixation from the EPL, to put that many games during December, I know it's a tradition and requested by the broadcaster but it is very hard physically for the players and it put them more at risk of injuries.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I never understood this fixation from the EPL, to put that many games during December, I know it's a tradition and requested by the broadcaster but it is very hard physically for the players and it put them more at risk of injuries.
Well it’s because they don’t care about the players getting hurt.

There are better, more balanced, more consistent ways to put out the schedule. They just don’t care to

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

1. Travel

To add to this, the rules are in place to give the league the best shot in Europe, to keep coefficients up and the league's prestige high. They benefit the clubs, yes, but the underlying benefit is to the league.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is like the REDACTED trials/indictments. People are celebrating like it’s already over. Still doesn’t guarantee the end result is the correct one

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So we can see which one has the worst tackle?

Cash.

Romero's red was much less violent. Romero actually made contact with the ball prior to the red card offense.

Cash did this. No effort on the ball, straight intent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad