2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
As a Chelsea fan, I can't say I'd be fine with punishment now under different ownership for supposed breaches which happened years ago or in some cases more than a decade ago but I'll accept it IF they also punish Man City as well.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If anyone thinks Man City will have points deducted I have some magic beans for sale which may interest you.

Reactions: King 88

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean if they want to take 12 points from Everton; they should be looking at least the same for Chelsea. And then there’s Man City with their 115ish charges and all star legal team
Man City is counter sueing the allegations against them with an independent agency going through each individual breach and why they haven't been "officially" charged yet, a ton of paperwork and timely processes. However, experts say that their FFP breaches will/should lead to a bigger punishment than Everton's.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gasp. Chelsea rigged the books! I never! Everyone said Roman was legit!
The real problem is why it takes so long to figure out these problems. We're in 2023 and looking at problems back in 2009. FA/EPL and UEFA really are the big failures here, they should've implemented a system where each team has to use a designated independent bank with their financial statements and spending spree which will prevent them from spending more than their FFP rules can dictate. Allowing teams to cheat under your banner and get away from decades worth of rule-breaking is sheer incompetence, especially when a lot of those clubs won major trophies like EPL titles and CL trophies. They're tainted now IMHO.

As a Chelsea fan, I can't say I'd be fine with punishment now under different ownership for supposed breaches which happened years ago or in some cases more than a decade ago but I'll accept it IF they also punish Man City as well.
I think getting rid of your EPL titles and both CL trophies would be very fair considering both CL wins were absolute flukes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh god are we doing fluke discourse again

Chelsea dominated every knockout game of its 2021 UCL run, including the final.
The first one was a fluke because of some major bad calls, especially against Barcelona that would've gone to VAR.

The second one was a fluke because Tuchel is trash and Chelsea hasn't even come close to replicating that success ever since.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think fluke and unsustainable mean the same things. Both squads were full of players that were absolutely capable of playing to the level that they did. Both performed great under new managers and when their backs were up against the wall. It's not unlike the Cardinals in 2006 and 2011 in baseball. The Pujols era had some great regular season teams that won 100+ win seasons, but some of the weaker teams with those players happened to win the titles.

Fluke indicates that they weren't deserved or earned. Like a weird scenario where all the top seeds got elminated early, and a mid team ends up being the best team remaining. Or some choke job by the refs that ruined the game. Or some other factor that makes the titles not legitimate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think fluke and unsustainable mean the same things. Both squads were full of players that were absolutely capable of playing to the level that they did. Both performed great under new managers and when their backs were up against the wall. It's not unlike the Cardinals in 2006 and 2011 in baseball. The Pujols era had some great regular season teams that won 100+ win seasons, but some of the weaker teams with those players happened to win the titles.

Fluke indicates that they weren't deserved or earned. Like a weird scenario where all the top seeds got elminated early, and a mid team ends up being the best team remaining. Or some choke job by the refs that ruined the game. Or some other factor that makes the titles not legitimate.
20-21 was Kante at his peak as well, the guy was absolutely dominating. James and Chilwell were both healthy, which has barely aligned since. Rudiger and Silva were both outstanding, Azpilicueta was who he was for years. We lacked clinical finishing up front with Mount, Havertz, and Werner but Mount and Werner both pressed really well.

I would never call that a fluke, it was a defensively structured team anchored by one of the best defensive players in the world.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think it’s fair to say it’s a fluke if it wasn’t sustainable
Agreed. At least LFC went to back-to-back finals even if they got a very favourable match-up against the Spurs. The problem with Chelsea is after each win, they either didn't even make the CL the next season or were eliminated quite early in the competition. After winning, your club should at least make the final 16 or 8 again at the bare minimum.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn’t say it wasn’t deserved. Just saying fluke because the team/manager won nothing else. Which is why it’s unsustainable; and it wasn’t. The funny thing one of the literal example of a the definition of fluke in the M-W Dictionary is “Her second championship shows that the first one was no mere fluke.”

So yeah, take it up with Merriam and Webster

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean if half the parties involved are retired who cares if they ban them

In no surprise, in multi club internal transfers not banned. Guess some others see the positives of cooking the books.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean, I know it’s also a fish
humpback-visual-guide-web-1024x576.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad