2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
We'd barely have any senior attackers on the bench in this case.
Time for Donley to step up!

It's not a great situation but I can see Ange going with it. The alternative is Kulu stays where he is and we pray Lo Celso can be half the player Maddison is.

We are going to miss the creativity of Maddison so badly...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Postecoglu doesn’t strike me as the type to make drastic changes. I’d be surprised if he starts really moving people around to different positions/roles. He seems like (for better or worse) a “next man up” kind of guy. This guy is out, so this other guy steps in. And he’ll keep attacking.

Time for Donley to step up!

It's not a great situation but I can see Ange going with it. The alternative is Kulu stays where he is and we pray Lo Celso can be half the player Maddison is.

We are going to miss the creativity of Maddison so badly...
We may miss van de Ven even more.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I was just catching up and watching the Liverpool game, man Endo is so weak on the ball lol not a Jurgen Klopp player at all. I think he would've been even better off just starting Szoboslai in a deeper role like McAllister was and then putting Harvey Elliott into that Szoboslai role. Not that it mattered for that game, they won comfortably.

Also what does everyone think of Alfie Doughty? Seems like Luton's most impressive player whenever I watched them. I think with all the current injuries at LB, he might actually be good enough to be playing in the current England side especially against this weaker opposition. Provides them with a set piece option too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I was just catching up and watching the Liverpool game, man Endo is so weak on the ball lol not a Jurgen Klopp player at all. I think he would've been even better off just starting Szoboslai in a deeper role like McAllister was and then putting Harvey Elliott into that Szoboslai role. Not that it mattered for that game, they won comfortably.
Endo is a bandage until either Thiago/Jones/Bajectic are ready OR they have to add someone else in January. They didn’t have to pay a lot for the player so it’s not exactly a catastrophic signing either way. Endo has been about as good for LFC as like Havertz (who apparently has also been fine) has been for Arsenal but Endo costed a lot less. It is what it is. He’s not a permanent solution and he was never going to be a full time starter. The problem is all the other internal options have been injured or on red card suspension for most of the time they’ve been available this season. LFC need to get the other guys healthy

Tsmikas is the one that scares the crap out of me.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Situations like this are awkward.

Not punishing them would send the message that you can do this stuff without issue as long as you can sell the team before it gets found out and no one faces any consequences.

At the same time, punishing the new owners, who bought the club because it was stripped from Abramovic due to sanctions related stuff, doesn't seem to send any real messages either and punishes a group for coming in and helping the team out when their previous owner got himself sanctioned by the government as opposed to the team simply falling into administration and dropping down the football pyramid like a rock.

Reactions: Blender and JPBolts

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Not punishing them would send the message that you can do this stuff without issue as long as you can sell the team before it gets found out and no one faces any consequences.

At the same time, punishing the new owners, who bought the club because it was stripped from Abramovic due to sanctions related stuff, doesn't seem to send any real messages either and punishes a group for coming in and helping the team out when their previous owner got himself sanctioned by the government as opposed to the team simply falling into administration and dropping down the football pyramid like a rock.
Hope Boehly put in a solid indemnity package

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Surely Boehly had some kind of investigation done or idea of the things that went on with the previous ownership regime.

You got to punish them, new owner or not.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean if they want to take 12 points from Everton; they should be looking at least the same for Chelsea. And then there’s Man City with their 115ish charges and all star legal team

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Manchester City has been caught multiple times using false or inflated sponsorship deals to cheat FFP and somehow faces no punishment whatsoever. They should punish this, but the league needs to be consistent.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Also what does everyone think of Alfie Doughty? Seems like Luton's most impressive player whenever I watched them. I think with all the current injuries at LB, he might actually be good enough to be playing in the current England side especially against this weaker opposition. Provides them with a set piece option too.
The luton player that impressed me the most this year is Issa Kaboré, I really like his physicality, mentality and offensive desire (even though Luton are a park the bus type when he has a chance to go forward, he does not hesitate). He is also very young, I think he has very nice potential.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The luton player that impressed me the most this year is Issa Kaboré, I really like his physicality, mentality and offensive desire (even though Luton are a park the bus type when he has a chance to go forward, he does not hesitate). He is also very young, I think he has very nice potential.

Kabore was already one of the best players in the last ANC and was selected as the best young player in the tournament.

I wouldn't say that he is very young either at the age of 22, and this is already his 4th full senior season. Probably won't ever be a starter for ManCity, but certainly is a good player for most top5 league sides.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Kabore was already one of the best players in the last ANC and was selected as the best young player in the tournament.

I wouldn't say that he is very young either at the age of 22, and this is already his 4th full senior season. Probably won't ever be a starter for ManCity, but certainly is a good player for most top5 league sides.
Very young = just starting his career, not yet established at a top club. Although it must be his last season on loan, he is too good to not start for a top club.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad