2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The Sheffield Utd thing doesn’t make sense here?

Saudi owned and voted with the the Saudi side of the house, so who is angry/surprised they voted with the 7. Wondering if headline is bad or got something wrong. Unless I am interpreting wrong; which is possible

Reactions: JPBolts

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sheff Utd is Saudi owned too??
Owned by a private Saudi guy. I'm sure he's totally independent from the royal family and the fact that he's the King's grand nephew, ran the Saudi sports authority, the Saudi Olympic committee, and ran the Saudi Sports federation was totally independent of his relationship to them.

It generally flew under the radar since they were in the Championship when he bought them.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’m not shocked. There’s a bunch of clubs who might not be Saudi but who have connections (Chelsea)
Owned by a private Saudi guy. I'm sure he's totally independent from the royal family and the fact that he's the King's grand nephew, ran the Saudi sports authority, the Saudi Olympic committee, and ran the Saudi Sports federation was totally independent of his relationship to them.

It generally flew under the radar since they were in the Championship when he bought them.
There’s no such thing. Any money from most of the rich there could be claimed by the leadership. He could just put them in house arrest and seize assets.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They also don’t intend to use it in the wrong fashion. They don’t have the money to go out and exploit this loophole. They want to be able to get young talent playing time on a budget with their other clubs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Of course they are announcing this now

Also think it’s hilarious that they used an image from Matchweek 1 for this article because I can only think of at least one other time that it’s been actually enforced since then; despite multiple occurrences of it happening against LFC alone; not saying conspiracy, just that I only watch full games involving one team regularly so I don’t know the full catalog.

Reactions: Ponds

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Man United can be be banned from European play because of Nice or vice versa?
Weird. And what is this owning two or more clubs crap?

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

could be bad news for Forest.

It's theoretically possible given the multi-club ownership rules, but also no one has ever been banned from continental competition because they always make random management changes to satisfy UEFA.
Yep, it would probably be a "reduce your stake in the 2nd club" then we will approve it (happened to Villa/Vitoria and Brighton/USG? over the summer)

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Of course they are announcing this now

Also think it’s hilarious that they used an image from Matchweek 1 for this article because I can only think of at least one other time that it’s been actually enforced since then; despite multiple occurrences of it happening against LFC alone; not saying conspiracy, just that I only watch full games involving one team regularly so I don’t know the full catalog.

One of the Tottenham players was miming a card wave to Simon Hooper during the match against Liverpool. I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, Udogie maybe? Whoever it was, received no card. Liverpool on the other hand, had the book thrown at them, then out the window, during that farce of a contest.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's theoretically possible given the multi-club ownership rules, but also no one has ever been banned from continental competition because they always make random management changes to satisfy UEFA.
Yeah and it's very likely that IF Sir Jim gets a path to full ownership, then INEOS will put Nice on the market.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah and it's very likely that IF Sir Jim gets a path to full ownership, then INEOS will put Nice on the market.
I don’t know if they’d put them on the market. They’re still a valuable team and sports team values have done nothing but go up.

I’d think more likely is appoint some sort of legally independent structure that has actual control over the team with only defined financial inputs from the owners.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don’t know if they’d put them on the market. They’re still a valuable team and sports team values have done nothing but go up.

I’d think more likely is appoint some sort of legally independent structure that has actual control over the team with only defined financial inputs from the owners.
Ceferin already hinted earlier in the year when Gary Neville asked him about this that it's unlikely that United would face expulsion, more likely they would implement some safe guards to limit conflicts of interest, like teams could not face each other etc.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Feel confident enough in Gallagher staying that I just pulled the trigger on a kit

Altho to determine sizing I put on my 2021 Chelsea kit (which is now a tight S lol) which has Mount on the back so f*** do I know

Reactions: Ben Grimm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad