2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You're taking a 15 second moment when a player is happy to score a goal and extrapolating that unto a man's entire life. Yes, it's an absurd leap.
Who is extrapolating it to his entire life? I've been overly clear that I'm talking about his mental/confidence issues playing football.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

this is exactly why we signed him. World Class at playing out from the back & playing dissecting passes through midfield and defense. Mings injury will sting in some games as I assume they would've played together.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Being able to bring Hojbjerg on late in matches with his energy is something Spurs haven't been able to do. A player like Hojbjerg is a fine starter on a decent club, but for a CL level club, he's the perfect MF to bring off the bench. Once Bentancur gets back, he will be pushed further down the bench, but I am very glad he's still at the club, I thnk you can say the same for being able to bring Perisic on late up front.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Saw this posted on a couple of places but could be bogus.

Edit: confirmed by United but injury length is a question mark.

Dalot and Reguilon only healthy fullbacks... :help:

He played only 8 minutes due to illness and then gets injured.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The ETH interview is hilarious.

The questions I have for all of it are as follows...

Is Sancho done in Red?

How long till he's on the hot seat?

Are they in jeopardy of not making top 4?

Was he tactically naïve going into a match at home against Brighton?

How much more money do they have to waste to potentially win something?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Heard during the Arsenal game that they average 0.9 ga with Saliba and 1.6 without him.
I don't remember the exact numbers, but they conceded something like 40% of their goals last season in the ~10 weeks he was out injured. He's a top 3 CB in the league along with Dias and Stones.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't remember the exact numbers, but they conceded something like 40% of their goals last season in the ~10 weeks he was out injured. He's a top 3 CB in the league along with Dias and Stones.
Saliba and (still) Virgil top 2. Saliba only CB in the league I’d take over Virgil for now. Then the City guys. Saliba is a mutant.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Matches in the next 13 days:

Arsenal:
Sept 20-PSV
Sept 24-Spurs
Sept 27-at Brentford
Sept 30-at Bournemouth

Liverpool
Sept 21-at LASK
Sept 24-West Ham
Sept 27-Leicester
Sept 30-at Spurs

Spurs
Sept 24-at Arsenal
Sept 30-Liverpool

Spurs failing to reach Europe last year and already being eliminated from the EFL Cup will mean for these 2 massive fixtures they will have a full week between matches while both Arsenal and Liverpool will have 4 matches in 9 and 10 days respectively.

If Spurs are going to be a quality club, they have to get at least 4 points from these matches.

Can't wait.

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Matches in the next 13 days:

Arsenal:
Sept 20-PSV
Sept 24-Spurs
Sept 27-at Brentford
Sept 30-at Bournemouth

Liverpool
Sept 21-at LASK
Sept 24-West Ham
Sept 27-Leicester
Sept 30-at Spurs

Spurs
Sept 24-at Arsenal
Sept 30-Liverpool

Spurs failing to reach Europe last year and already being eliminated from the EFL Cup will mean for these 2 massive fixtures they will have a full week between matches while both Arsenal and Liverpool will have 4 matches in 9 and 10 days respectively.

If Spurs are going to be a quality club, they have to get at least 4 points from these matches.

Can't wait.
Don’t think this is a big deal for LFC. They are used to it. Maybe it hits Arsenal? Believe they had some trouble with PSV last season too, but these things generally aren’t a problem until they are.

Personally will be interesting to see how Tottenham do when they aren’t playing dross. They haven’t played anyone good all year and are kind of just running on vibes right now; which is fun but remains to be seen for legit they are. Good showing against Arsenal and LFC probably makes them favorites for 4th but they could easily lose both those games and be thrown back in the mixer. They are definitely still in their honeymoon period for now

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Don’t think this is a big deal for LFC. They are used to it. Maybe it hits Arsenal? Believe they had some trouble with PSV last season too, but these things generally aren’t a problem until they are. Personally will be interesting to see how Tottenham do when they aren’t playing dross. They haven’t played anyone good all year and are kind of just running on vibes right now; which is fun but remains to be seen for legit they are. Good showing against Arsenal and LFC probably makes them favorites for 4th but they could easily lose both those games and be thrown back in the mixer. They are definitely still in their honeymoon period for now
I think LFC might even dress two complete different team for Europa/League cup and the EPL.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think LFC might even dress two complete different team for Europa/League cup and the EPL.
I half agree with this.

I think LFC goes strong up first half of Europa League and try to put that to bed early so they can rotate second half of the group. LFC 100% have to win the group; that needs to be the objective there. 2nd (or worse) would be very bad. Clinch top spot then figure it out. Can’t risk getting behind the right ball there

I do think heavy rotation in League Cup against Leicester is happening and I am completely fine with that. They can rotate there. This team is used to this schedule so they can go strong in Europa. Would be a good time to get Virgil and the injured guys back in too.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The extra matches don't matter for LFC if they can avoid injuries. If they can't, it's a different discussion.

They're deep enough at everywhere but defense to handle those matches. I expect you also see a stronger side against Spurs than Leicester, and a much stronger side against West Ham than LASK. I would actually expect to see a bunch of kids play in both. You'd likely see a lineup of Kelleher, Tsimiskas, Quansah, Maybe even Endo playing centerback, and then Gomez on the right, midfield of Bajectic for minutes, Elliott and Thiago and then up front with Doak, Gakpo and whomever needs minutes. Shit, you might even see Bobby Clark or another kid get a spot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The extra matches don't matter for LFC if they can avoid injuries. If they can't, it's a different discussion.

They're deep enough at everywhere but defense to handle those matches. I expect you also see a stronger side against Spurs than Leicester, and a much stronger side against West Ham than LASK. I would actually expect to see a bunch of kids play in both. You'd likely see a lineup of Kelleher, Tsimiskas, Quansah, Maybe even Endo playing centerback, and then Gomez on the right, midfield of Bajectic for minutes, Elliott and Thiago and then up front with Doak, Gakpo and whomever needs minutes. Shit, you might even see Bobby Clark or another kid get a spot.
If they put out an experimental side I think it will be against Leicester. I don’t think they are going crazy in Europa. And they probably shouldn’t

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Chelsea is currently 4th in terms of xPTS, IIRC they were second after 4 games. They've had atrociously bad finishing.

United are currently 12th.

TBH I think the biggest question on Chelsea is going to be if things implode before their (lack of) luck catches up to them since that could significantly change things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad