2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A grown man with Spiderman, Sonic the Hedgehog and Homer and Marge Simpson tattoos? Better off without him.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
A grown man with Spiderman, Sonic the Hedgehog and Homer and Marge Simpson tattoos? Better off without him.
I like best when players get their comeuppance for their attitude/ego/outbursts and gets replaced by a deserving player which excels in the opportunity making the player regret the error of his ways and shatters his ego to bits when he realizes he is replaceable.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seems like Sancho just wanted to get paid and nt actually play footy. Like I said last season or the year before. He's a bust.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I really don't get the hate for Sancho and why this looks good on United. Sure Sancho hasn't lived up to his price tag but lots of players fall flat after a big move. Hasn't there been like 3 different coaches since he joined too? That's got to hurt some players with the different systems they all play. As for United I don't get how this is a good move for them? The coach said Sancho doesn't put effort in and Sancho just said that wasn't true, he was just sticking up for himself. Yet he's still the bad guy and not the coach, just seems weird but there could be a lot more involved we don't know.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I really don't get the hate for Sancho and why this looks good on United. Sure Sancho hasn't lived up to his price tag but lots of players fall flat after a big move. Hasn't there been like 3 different coaches since he joined too? That's got to hurt some players with the different systems they all play. As for United I don't get how this is a good move for them? The coach said Sancho doesn't put effort in and Sancho just said that wasn't true, he was just sticking up for himself. Yet he's still the bad guy and not the coach, just seems weird but there could be a lot more involved we don't know.
1.) He's consistently had effort and professionalism issues at every step of his career, both club and international, so it's not a huge stretch that this one is his issue.

2.) The coach didn't say he had effort issues, he said he hasn't shown enough quality in training hence not being included in the squad. Sancho is the one who turned it from a "we selected the top performers in training and he wasn't one" issue into a big drama.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
What a shit show United is. Ragnick was absolutely right. The squad needs a cleansing. Too many players with the wrong mentality.

Just give Garnacho/Pellestri/Amad the keys for RM. Position has been cursed since Ronaldo left.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Do you think we're any closer to when players coming out being 100% honest about their mental struggles in creating empathy in most fans? Are we getting further and further from "You get paid millions, suck it up buttercup" and closer to, "I still hate Spurs, but hate to see a guy who has done nothing wrong off the pitch struggling mentally."?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sure there hasn’t been much consistency at the club since Sancho joined. But he’s been bad and has had issues training, showing up on time, and then publicly went against the manager. I don’t see why people would be endeared to him at all.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1.) He's consistently had effort and professionalism issues at every step of his career, both club and international, so it's not a huge stretch that this one is his issue.

2.) The coach didn't say he had effort issues, he said he hasn't shown enough quality in training hence not being included in the squad. Sancho is the one who turned it from a "we selected the top performers in training and he wasn't one" issue into a big drama.
He's in Mbappe's tier though.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Do you think we're any closer to when players coming out being 100% honest about their mental struggles in creating empathy in most fans? Are we getting further and further from "You get paid millions, suck it up buttercup" and closer to, "I still hate Spurs, but hate to see a guy who has done nothing wrong off the pitch struggling mentally."?
Somewhat, and it probably varies among different sports. I think in sports where athletes tend to be seen as prima-donnas (NBA, European soccer leagues) they won't get much sympathy. With some other sports, tennis for example with Naomi Osaka, I think fans tend to be more understanding.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
All that angst over multiple transfer windows for a guy now training with the kids. Case closed.
I will say, I personally couldn’t have been more wrong about Sancho. Never thought he was Mbappe tier like one, but I thought he was basically a guarantee to lock down that RW spot at a high high level. Sucks because there’s clearly a talent in there somewhere, but he’s clearly got an ego and thinks he’s talented enough to coast at this point in his career.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Everton somehow getting taken over by even more dodgy owners then who they already had

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Probably the 4th most deserving manager of the award this month.
Maybe. But to his credit he has done something more important (for Spurs, at this point in time) than win matches. He’s changing the whole culture and atmosphere around the club. It’s night and day compared to Conte and he’s responsible for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad