2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Always had a lot of respect for Hendo, I appreciated how he supported the LGBTQ community over the years. Sucked to see him go to Saudi, sucks even more after that interview.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Some people need to learn the power of just not speaking.

Most certainly. As much as I don't like feeding narratives about "these days", I think it's not a matter of contention that that's particularly difficult for people in these days of omnipresent social media, everyone just has to chime in on everything. Sancho's recent statement is another that comes to mind where it's clear there was too great a desire to just comment on something and it ends up having the opposite effect.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think the Sancho comments are productive, but I do understand his side a bit. If he has the reputation of not working hard or dogging it, supporters on his current club are going to chastise him. As it stands, they probably will anyhow. Having clarification from the manager would be a positive in this step.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think the Sancho comments are productive, but I do understand his side a bit. If he has the reputation of not working hard or dogging it, supporters on his current club are going to chastise him. As it stands, they probably will anyhow. Having clarification from the manager would be a positive in this step.
I think the Sancho comments are pretty absurd honestly. He’s an 80mil dollar signing who’s been utter dogshit his entire tenure here. I think as a whole the fanbase has been pretty easy on him compared to a lot of other bad signings/players especially compared to someone like Maguire.

And I know he had some off field stuff that he was dealing with that some thought could’ve been part of the problem and ETH gave him 3 months off to sort him self out mentally and physically. And all ETH said was “there were better players in training” essentially and he comes out saying he’s a scapegoat? That explains exactly why he’s a massive flop imo. He’s soffftttt.

Reactions: I am not exposed

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
With Sancho, I think he deserves some grace. It was only a month ago the footballing world was learning about Deli Ali's battle with mental health and childhood abuse. Maybe it's nothing with Sancho, but at the very least these footballers need a little more of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to mental health.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Some people need to learn the power of just not speaking.
Or at least if you do have the guts to go the Phil Mickelson way. "Yea I may not agree with the stuff they do, but did you see the pile of cash they gave me?"

After how they handled Greedwood, there's about a 0% chance they drop Antony over this even though they absolutely should.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't really know the full story with Sancho. Some of the mental health stuff likely is a factor. He has been a failure of a move, but I don't know if it's all his fault. I also understand some if ETH is trying to use some press stuff to motivate him, but I think it's just a bad look. For a young player, he likely is aware that he hasn't been great. However it isn't like other players in his position are doing much either.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think it’s entirely possible ETH is just a jerk. Might just be that simple as him being a bully

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
After how they handled Greedwood, there's about a 0% chance they drop Antony over this even though they absolutely should.
United certainly don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt, they lost that with the the Greenwood ordeal. But this is going the Partey route. I don’t think there’s any evidence(that I’ve seen at least) that shows he’s 100% guilty. But I’m sure they’ll hide behind that until the legal battle swings against him if he did indeed do it. Even if he probably should be dropped until he’s charged or cleared.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't really know the full story with Sancho. Some of the mental health stuff likely is a factor. He has been a failure of a move, but I don't know if it's all his fault. I also understand some if ETH is trying to use some press stuff to motivate him, but I think it's just a bad look. For a young player, he likely is aware that he hasn't been great. However it isn't like other players in his position are doing much either.
It’s not like ETH has treated him unfairly. He gave him a large break to sort himself out mentally and has been bad before and after that break. He got asked why Sancho wasn’t in the squad and said he hasn’t been good enough in training. I just don’t really see that being problematic enough to go out and publicly criticize you manager.

Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s not like ETH has treated him unfairly. He gave him a large break to sort himself out mentally and has been bad before and after that break. He got asked why Sancho wasn’t in the squad and said he hasn’t been good enough in training. I just don’t really see that being problematic enough to go out and publicly criticize you manager.
Maybe the issue is the manager is the problematic one

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The manager that gave him 3 months off and tailor made that break to help him mentally and physically? Seems like he gave Sancho the soft love approach there and is now trying a more direct approach to get him going. But again, it’s not like he said anything overly harsh in his post game or anything.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The manager that gave him 3 months off and tailor made that break to help him mentally and physically? Seems like he gave Sancho the soft love approach there and is now trying a more direct approach to get him going. But again, it’s not like he said anything overly harsh in his post game or anything.
Yeah but the manager has also proven he doesn’t give a shit about players with assault concerns. Benched David Neres over a hair joke that he started, and has gaslighted several players already this season such as Sancho, Maguire and Evans. I think ETH is actually just an A hole; but I’m sure no one on your side will care as long as they get results

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know enough about ETH to comment on that. I also don't know the inner workings of that dressing room to comment either. however, what it looks like to me at this stage is he's trying to eliminate any culpability on the player for himself. He also could be shifting some blame to a player he did not want to lessen some burden on his other transfers (that have not looked amazing either). But I think I'm reading too much into it.

There is a good player in Sancho, but he's had what? 4 managers since 2021? Even if one was a caretaker, that's a lot of change. Different guys asking for different things. Tough for some young players to handle.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah but the manager has also proven he doesn’t give a shit about players with assault concerns. Benched David Neres over a hair joke that he started, and has gaslighted several players already this season such as Sancho, Maguire and Evans. I think ETH is actually just an A hole; but I’m sure no one on your side will care as long as they get results
I mean he probably is an asshole. But so are most managers around Europe. I don’t really think there’s any more to the story right now than a blunt man answered a question honestly.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean he probably is an asshole. But so are most managers around Europe. I don’t really think there’s any more to the story right now than a blunt man answered a question honestly.
I think the real story is ETH is an A hole. More so than every other A hole manager. Looking forward to when that emerges

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Or it's just more of the same with Sancho?

Southgate and his coaching staff have spoken about the problem of Sancho sulking when he is not selected in the line-up and the negative impact it can have on the atmosphere in camp.

The issue dates back to Euro 2020 when he is said to have reacted petulantly to being left out of the squad for the opening group game against Croatia.

It was a recurring issue at Dortmund where manager Lucien Favre punished him on several occasions and dropped him for games against Barcelona and Borussia Monchengladbach.

He was late for training because he spent the nights playing CoD online with Rashford, Lingard and Pogba.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
“It’s not only a free-kick, but it also denies Isak an obvious goalscoring opportunity. He is close to goal, he is going to be able to control the ball quite easily, there are no covering defenders. And, of course, we know the direction is towards the goal.
In case it needs repeating what the 4 criteria that need to be evaluated are for a DOGSO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad