2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Away tickets are cheap. Like dirt cheap. Around 30 quid sometimes a little more. Not 600 or whatever that shit is. The whole day is supposed to be cheap. Their owners are taking a great tradition and ruining it because they’re trash.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Away tickets are cheap. Like dirt cheap. Around 30 quid sometimes a little more. Not 600 or whatever that shit is. The whole day is supposed to be cheap. Their owners are taking a great tradition and ruining it because they’re trash.
Hyperbole much? It was a 19 pound increase for that game, we don't have the info on other games, and they are working to get a sponsor to fund it, like other clubs do. But, sure, it's all ruined...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Shifting goalposts a little here? You thought away tickets were 500 quid more than they actually were. The point is that this is a tradition and the club shouldn’t be doing anything to get in the way of that

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well, then yeah, cry me a freaking river, the fans are already getting an amazing deal. I fully understand fighting for everything that you have and not like stuff getting taken away, but that coach at full price, with that ticket cap is still a great deal. And if you have to buy a ticket on the secondary market, you can afford that increase for the coach.

Or you know, public transit is always an option too.

Premier League to maintain £30 cap on away tickets.

Shifting goalposts a little here? You thought away tickets were 500 quid more than they actually were. The point is that this is a tradition and the club shouldn’t be doing anything to get in the way of that
A tradition? Subsidizing a coach ride is a tradition that can never be touched? Fans are entitled to the discount forever? Sure, call the owners cheap and greedy, but come on.

Reactions: Blender

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
No, official incidents have been counted and collected between all FA clubs in terms of arrests made due to racism. Man United was at the top, Leeds and Millwall were also in the top 5 with Leicester City in the top 10. Nevertheless, Chelsea and Spurs had some of the largest increasing amounts of racist acts of any club not named Millwall in England.
Provide the statistics. Come on now. Show us what you are talking about. We are all waiting.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well, then yeah, cry me a freaking river, the fans are already getting an amazing deal. I fully understand fighting for everything that you have and not like stuff getting taken away, but that coach at full price, with that ticket cap is still a great deal. And if you have to buy a ticket on the secondary market, you can afford that increase for the coach.

Or you know, public transit is always an option too.

Premier League to maintain £30 cap on away tickets.

A tradition? Subsidizing a coach ride is a tradition that can never be touched? Fans are entitled to the discount forever? Sure, call the owners cheap and greedy, but come on.

I had a game earlier so I was a little salty automatically. But I'm going to say that there's enough money in the game that yes they should be entitled to the discount forever.

Reactions: robertmac43

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Provide the statistics. Come on now. Show us what you are talking about. We are all waiting.
Here's one, while Spurs were one of the highest anti-semitism fanbases in the EPL.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Here's one, while Spurs were one of the highest anti-semitism fanbases in the EPL.
I don’t live in London so I wouldn’t have first-hand knowlege, but that seems strange since historically Spurs have had a significant Jewish fanbase:

Historically, the club had a significant Jewish following from the Jewish communities in east and north London, with around a third of its supporters estimated to be Jewish in the 1930s.[183] Due to this early support, all three chairmen of the club since 1984 have been Jewish businessmen with prior history of supporting the club.[183] The club no longer has a greater Jewish contingent among its fans than other major London clubs (Jewish supporters are estimated to form at most 5% of its fanbase), though it is nevertheless still identified as a Jewish club by rival fans.[184] Antisemitic chants directed at the club and its supporters by rival fans have been heard since the 1960s, with words such as "Yids" or "Yiddos" used against Tottenham supporters.[183][185][186] In response to the abusive chants, Tottenham supporters, Jewish and non-Jewish alike, began to chant back the insults and adopt the "Yids" or "Yid Army" identity starting from around the late 1970s or early 1980s.[187] Some fans view adopting "Yid" as a badge of pride, helping defuse its power as an insult.[188] The use of "Yid" as a self-identification, however, has been controversial; some argued that the word is offensive and its use by Spurs fans "legitimis[es] references to Jews in football",[189] and that such racist abuse should be stamped out in football.[190] Both the World Jewish Congress and the Board of Deputies of British Jews have denounced the use of the word by fans.[191] Others, such as former Prime Minister David Cameron, argued that its use by the Spurs fans is not motivated by hate as it is not used pejoratively, and therefore cannot be considered hate speech.[192] Attempts to prosecute Tottenham fans who chanted the words have failed, as the Crown Prosecution Service considered that the words as used by Tottenham fans could not be judged legally "threatening, abusive or insulting".[193]

Tottenham Hotspur F.C. - Wikipedia

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Chelsea are just doing what corporate clubs are gonna do. Just because Apple, Amazon and Co. make trillions of dollars it doesn't mean they will pay their custodians more than they feel they need to or they will spend more on toilet paper than necessary. Every business unit has its own budget and needs to look for efficiencies. Don't expect charity from a business.

But hey it's worth it or else you'd be as irrelevant as those crappy German teams.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It's 250K. If Chelsea wanted to be petty on purpose, I'm not sure I could have thought of a better way. Isn't Raheem Sterling on more than 300K a week?

By the way, do those sets of supporters have access to cheap tickets? Why is the assumption that they're buying tickets for 500-600 pounds? Genuine question.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Chelsea are just doing what corporate clubs are gonna do. Just because Apple, Amazon and Co. make trillions of dollars it doesn't mean they will pay their custodians more than they feel they need to or they will spend more on toilet paper than necessary. Every business unit has its own budget and needs to look for efficiencies. Don't expect charity from a business.

But hey it's worth it or else you'd be as irrelevant as those crappy German teams.

Shit, just got back from the grocery store and reading this has reminded me I forgot toilet paper. Yes, it's a thing businesses do, but crying poor when you're figuratively lighting money on fire is.. particularly cynical. And has a huge psychological impact on the people that are the lifeblood of your team. And plays very neatly into the narrative that the big american owners have no actual clue or interest in that lifeblood or the wider social fabric of football as a cultural tradition.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Shit, just got back from the grocery store and reading this has reminded me I forgot toilet paper. Yes, it's a thing businesses do, but crying poor when you're figuratively lighting money on fire is.. particularly cynical. And has a huge psychological impact on the people that are the lifeblood of your team. And plays very neatly into the narrative that the big american owners have no actual clue or interest in that lifeblood or the wider social fabric of football as a cultural tradition.
Everything done in the Premier League over the last three decades or so has undermined 'the wider social fabric of football as a cultural tradition'.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Even middle and bottom table PL teams have vastly more financial resources than most clubs in other top leagues. The revenue is so high that you have teams in relegation battles buying players from other leagues for tens of millions.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
after watching the first few rounds of the season, I still believe the gap between City in 1st and whoever comes in 2nd is bigger than the gap between who finishes in 2nd and whoever finishes in 7th/8th. Each squad has their own weakness, and I just don't see any in City... If City is playing their own game, I don't think any team in the world can stop them.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
after watching the first few rounds of the season, I still believe the gap between City in 1st and whoever comes in 2nd is bigger than the gap between who finishes in 2nd and whoever finishes in 7th/8th. Each squad has their own weakness, and I just don't see any in City... If City is playing their own game, I don't think any team in the world can stop them.
I don't even think there's a clear second at this point.

All of the teams 2-6 place teams have shown major warts at some point already.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Have we gotten any of the promised for this season in game VAR audio releases yet?
Just that one 20-ish-minute video about iffy VAR calls from last season.

They will never release the rubbish of the bloke who forgot to make the offside line against us or the awful call against Luton Town/Wolves.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
w7caz8gjb8mb1.png

So great we traded Kepa, who was near the top of the league in expected goals saved last season, for Sanchez. :facepalm:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Eddie Howe helped engineer one of the better turn arounds you're going to see in the EPL. But I genuinely wonder how close we are to NewcastLOL and how patient ownership will be after these 2 uncharacteristic losses.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Eddie Howe helped engineer one of the better turn arounds you're going to see in the EPL. But I genuinely wonder how close we are to NewcastLOL and how patient ownership will be after these 2 uncharacteristic losses.
I think they'd be nuts to fire him. I think they overachieved last season and still have some big holes in their squad compared with who they are competing with for top 4. The extra matches this season will take its toll as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Away fans are such an integral part of the match day experience. If you are an owners spending 1 billion dollars on the transfer market, you can step up and pay for a chunk of the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad