2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The VVD stuff is likely related to him continuing to yell at the ref and point in his face for 10+ seconds after his red was confirmed and the ref told him to get off the field.

Actually just went back and watched the replay and it’s 20 seconds between the time the official confirmed the red, pointed to the FK spot and signaled for VVD to get off the pitch and the time VVD actually walked away from yelling at the official.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The VVD stuff is likely related to him continuing to yell at the ref and point in his face for 10+ seconds after his red was confirmed and the ref told him to get off the field.

Actually just went back and watched the replay and it’s 20 seconds between the time the official confirmed the red, pointed to the FK spot and signaled for VVD to get off the pitch and the time VVD actually walked away from yelling at the official.
Which is not that uncommon. I have seen way longer walk after an expulsion for red card.
They want to set an example with him, enough sugar-coating talk, the FA are not happy with Liverpool since last year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Which is not that uncommon. I have seen way longer walk after an expulsion for red card.
They want to set an example with him, enough sugar-coating talk, the FA are not happy with Liverpool since last year.
I don’t mean after the red was awarded. I mean after VAR checked everything and it was confirmed.

Players argue after the ref pulls out a red all the time. Players virtually never keep arguing after the VAR check is complete and confirmed and the ref signaled the player to leave.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He should not have done it, and deserves extra time.

That said, there likely is some gap time to at least VAR it in the booth.
Yea this was specifically after VAR was done.

There was the foul and the ref came over right away to show the red. Then there was a minute and a half or two of discussion on the field while VAR checked it. After the VAR check was done, the ref again signaled the free kick spot and signaled to VVD that it was confirmed and to leave. It was at *that* point that VVD spent an additional 20 seconds yelling at the ref including pointing in his face which is very much not the norm.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Do we even want Chelsea fans to get proper travel arrangements? They'll just throw racist slurs anyway.
No Arsenal supporter anywhere has ever done anything stupid. Not excusing it, but you can't punish the group for a few individuals in this case.
Yea this was specifically after VAR was done.

There was the foul and the ref came over right away to show the red. Then there was a minute and a half or two of discussion on the field while VAR checked it. After the VAR check was done, the ref again signaled the free kick spot and signaled to VVD that it was confirmed and to leave. It was at *that* point that VVD spent an additional 20 seconds yelling at the ref including pointing in his face which is very much not the norm.
I guess as a captain you could argue he gets a little more time. But yeah, it was pretty dumb.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just asking for you to be consistent.
Ah same but as last summer with the disingenuous FUD. Never mind. Take it back to the workshop.

And here is the the difference, which doesn’t deserve an explanation but here is the thing ; I’m not paid to be consistent (on HF at least), so I’m obligated to do so. It’s not my job to be post impartially and consistently. But I know that you know the difference and you like to be pedantic because that’s your bit. Keep making those false equivalencies if it makes you feel better

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Ah same but as last summer with the disingenuous FUD. Never mind. Take it back to the workshop.

And here is the the difference, which doesn’t deserve an explanation but here is the thing ; I’m not paid to be consistent (on HF at least), so I’m obligated to do so. It’s not my job to be post impartially and consistently. But I know that you know the difference and you like to be pedantic because that’s your bit. Keep making those false equivalencies if it makes you feel better
The whole other matchweek thing was about your own posting, my guy, not about reffing. You put that standard on your own posts and then broke it within 12 hours.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The whole other matchweek thing was about your own posting, my guy, not about reffing. You put that standard on your own posts and then broke it within 12 hours.
Also not the same, but I suspect that you know that

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Chelsea removes its full coach subsidy for away domestic fans because it is “financially unstable”

What an awful club spend a billion dollars on transfers and then take away travel from your fans

Wow, that's an absolutely horrible look. That club never ceases to surprise me

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The problem I have with the red card anger is that every ref is going to use it so subjective. Based on body language and looks, VvD deserved the extra match ban, but he might've been yelling about how wonderful the ref's wife cooks. I think players deserve an extra bit of leeway to yell at refs who are properly rubbish the majority of the time.
No Arsenal supporter anywhere has ever done anything stupid. Not excusing it, but you can't punish the group for a few individuals in this case.
The problem is that Chelsea and Spurs are notorious for having the most racist incidences though, especially the last five years. Hell, there was a racist incident between both clubs last season. I think there were statistics that had Man United at tops, but I guarantee that those two clubs have overtaken the Devils fanbase IIRC.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The problem I have with the red card anger is that every ref is going to use it so subjective. Based on body language and looks, VvD deserved the extra match ban, but he might've been yelling about how wonderful the ref's wife cooks. I think players deserve an extra bit of leeway to yell at refs who are properly rubbish the majority of the time.

The problem is that Chelsea and Spurs are notorious for having the most racist incidences though, especially the last five years. Hell, there was a racist incident between both clubs last season. I think there were statistics that had Man United at tops, but I guarantee that those two clubs have overtaken the Devils fanbase IIRC.
He didn't get a red card for yelling, he got a red card for committing a blatant red card offense.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He didn't get a red card for yelling, he got a red card for committing a blatant red card offense.
I thought the entire argument was that he got an extra one-day ban for him yelling at the ref? I am in total agreement that it was a red because he was the last man back.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Don't think you could make your bias more visible mate.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't think you could make your bias more visible mate.
Every club has racists, this is common ground we can all agree on, but there are fanbases that have more than others and those two are at the top. Nothing biased about statistics. Hell, Ramsdale was physically assaulted during the last derby between us.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Every club has racists, this is common ground we can all agree on, but there are fanbases that have more than others and those two are at the top. Nothing biased about statistics.
Which statistics? The ones you pulled out of your ass?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Which statistics? The ones you pulled out of your ass?
No, official incidents have been counted and collected between all FA clubs in terms of arrests made due to racism. Man United was at the top, Leeds and Millwall were also in the top 5 with Leicester City in the top 10. Nevertheless, Chelsea and Spurs had some of the largest increasing amounts of racist acts of any club not named Millwall in England.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

Chelsea removes its full coach subsidy for away domestic fans because it is “financially unstable”

What an awful club spend a billion dollars on transfers and then take away travel from your fans

Beauty of a club.

Do you think a low wage worker is paying for an away ticket for a Chelsea game against Liverpool? How much are tickets for those games. The article cited a 19 pound increase, that is not making a dramatic impact on attending those games or not.

The article makes it clear that it's for disadvantaged people. They're not going to a Liverpool game but they are going to a Bournemouth game. Chelsea's budget for to sustain that is a measly 250K. And they won't do it while spending close to a billion in a calendar year.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Beauty of a club.

The article makes it clear that it's for disadvantaged people. They're not going to a Liverpool game but they are going to a Bournemouth game. Chelsea's budget for to sustain that is a measly 250K. And they won't do it while spending close to a billion in a calendar year.
I know they stated those groups, it's going to impact any and all supporters that previously used that service, no disagreement there.

Now, I don't know what the cheapest prices were prior, but on StubHub International, the cheapest ticket for that Bournemouth game in the away fan section, is $596 USD, $601 if you need mutliple tickets. A 19 pound increase isn't even noticable when you calculate how much it would cost to attend the game. I get the argument, that you want what was previously in place, but the supporters are making a mountain out of a molehill IMO, and people here that don't like Chelsea are just using it as an excuse for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad