2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Burnley will get quite a few hidings this year if the game earlier is anything to go by. We looked like scoring every time we countered.

Reactions: al secord

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Burnley will get quite a few hidings this year if the game earlier is anything to go by. We looked like scoring every time we countered.

I didn't watch the game but checked the lineups, Burnley had a few guys who were regulars last year not playing. I know they've added a lot of players so not sure what they're new lineup will be. Maybe Kompany was just trying to get a look at some guys as well? They're going to have some issues but I suspect they should still have enough to be better than Luton, Sheffield, Everton and Wolves.

Reactions: JPBolts

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Chelsea removes its full coach subsidy for away domestic fans because it is “financially unstable”

What an awful club spend a billion dollars on transfers and then take away travel from your fans

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean maybe it's deserved? None of here really know what he did or didn't say. Kinda tough to judge imo.
He was charged up as he was leaving the field and told the officials not to “freaking” touch him. Maybe because the fourth official (who happened to be on VAR assist the last two games) elbowed his team mate last year. But you know, bad language. These are emotional adult athletes. You can’t expect them to be robots. If they lay hands on an official sure, drop the hammer, but the only one I ever saw touch an official (at least recently) aggressively was Bruno last season and nothing came of it.

Virgil gets an extra game(s) for cussing (keep in mind he is the captain so he is allowed to talk to the officials) so be it, but I will be curious how strictly enforced it is the rest of the season. I would be shocked if they didn’t want to make an example out of Virgil but let’s see them be consistent. He’s far from the only one to passionately speak to officials, but I guess we draw the line at being a potty mouth

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Chelsea removes its full coach subsidy for away domestic fans because it is “financially unstable”

What an awful club spend a billion dollars on transfers and then take away travel from your fans
If you can afford away game tickets, you can afford the travel. How many clubs even offer that travel at that previously discounted price?

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If you can afford away game tickets, you can afford the travel. How many clubs even offer that travel at that previously discounted price?
Holy shit this take is bad. This is too bad for me to even respond to. I hope the view from your ivory tower is good

• Haha

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was charged up as he was leaving the field and told the officials not to “freaking” touch him. Maybe because the fourth official (who happened to be on VAR assist the last two games) elbowed his team mate last year. But you know, bad language. These are emotional adult athletes. You can’t expect them to be robots. If they lay hands on an official sure, drop the hammer, but the only one I ever saw touch an official (at least recently) aggressively was Bruno last season and nothing came of it.

Virgil gets an extra game(s) for cussing (keep in mind he is the captain so he is allowed to talk to the officials) so be it, but I will be curious how strictly enforced it is the rest of the season. I would be shocked if they didn’t want to make an example out of Virgil but let’s see them be consistent. He’s far from the only one to passionately speak to officials, but I guess we draw the line at being a potty mouth
I’d imagine he didn’t get banned for saying “don’t f***ing touch me.” If thats proven to be the reason then yeah that’s an issue. But I’d gather He probably said more than that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How will the upper middle class ever survive paying for their own travel. Oh the humanity, the horror!
Yeah I dare those peons want to have convenient travel to a game. Do you cheer for the villain in a Disney Movie?

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’d imagine he didn’t get banned for saying “don’t f***ing touch me.” If thats proven to be the reason then yeah that’s an issue. But I’d gather He probably said more than that.
So, hypothetically and respectfully, what is the line then? Is there something that is in between “don’t f touch me” and “I’m going to f kill you”. I’m drawing the line at anything involving a threat, (Which I doubt Virgil said for the record) but I think it’s kind of ridiculous if it’s along the lines of or “f off” “ no f touch” etc. clearly he wasn’t happy after being sent off; but what is the specific phrasing where it crosses a line.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I dare those peons want to have convenient travel to a game. Do you cheer for the villain in a Disney Movie?
Do you think a low wage worker is paying for an away ticket for a Chelsea game against Liverpool? How much are tickets for those games. The article cited a 19 pound increase, that is not making a dramatic impact on attending those games or not.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So, hypothetically and respectfully, what is the line then? Is there something that is in between “don’t f touch me” and “I’m going to f kill you”. I’m drawing the line at anything involving a threat, (Which I doubt Virgil said for the record) but I think it’s kind of ridiculous if it’s along the lines of or “f off” “ no f touch” etc. clearly he wasn’t happy after being sent off; but what is the specific phrasing where it crosses a line.
What if it isn't even related to that incident? What if he crossed the line when he was still on the field? I just feel like there's a lot of stuff we don't hear/see from just watching.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Do you think a low wage worker is paying for an away ticket for a Chelsea game against Liverpool? How much are tickets for those games. The article cited a 19 pound increase, that is not making a dramatic impact on attending those games or not.
The Chelsea fans are the ones complaining about it. That’s your supporters trust. Go put on your Paris Hilton “Stop Being Poor” shirt and take it up with your supporters if you think they are being outrageous.

I mean the issue is when the club spends a billion on transfers but draws the spending line at offering a fan service. But of course all Chelsea fans care about is getting the next big transfer in so that’s how they will shut them up. I guess you cannot amortize a coach.

What if it isn't even related to that incident? What if he crossed the line when he was still on the field? I just feel like there's a lot of stuff we don't hear/see from just watching.
I think this is fair, but going off what I saw. Can’t comment on what might have or might haven’t happened that we didn’t see. Acting in an “Improper Manner” towards a match official is what we know. I just want to know where the line is between Improper/Proper or tolerable Improper vs intolerable improper better way to say it I guess?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I have no doubt that VVD probably used bad words at some point but it is laughable to believe that all players sent off never say anything and just leave the field with a smile and fully in sync with the decision. I have been around way too many games and sports to know that referee usually take the instant emotional outburst from the players in stride in a lot of their decision and they go along with it. As I said, I would love the EPL to have the referee miced out so we can hear all their conversation with the players and with their assistant and the managers. Same as in all north american sports. I doubt it as UK/FA authorities don't want that exposure/spotlight on their officials but I have a hard time believing VVD said something that much worse than your typical player getting sent off. As mentioned either they probably want to use him as example but at the same time how can we judge what is out of line if we don't know what he said.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have no doubt that VVD probably used bad words at some point but it is laughable to believe that all players sent off never say anything and just leave the field with a smile and fully in sync with the decision. I have been around way too many games and sports to know that referee usually take the instant emotional outburst from the players in stride in a lot of their decision and they go along with it. As I said, I would love the EPL to have the referee miced out so we can hear all their conversation with the players and with their assistant and the managers. Same as in all north american sports. I doubt it as UK/FA authorities don't want that exposure/spotlight on their officials but I have a hard time believing VVD said something that much worse than your typical player getting sent off. As mentioned either they probably want to use him as example but at the same time how can we judge what is out of line if we don't know what he said.
Yeah let's put it this way the general public has no idea what we have to hear and put up with. I have never ejected a player for cursing at me because I am a grown up. The death stare usually works to get someone to shut the f*** up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad