2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What an odd statement. Doubling down in saying that they would've been correct in bringing him back, and basically just saying a reunion would be too toxic without directly putting it on the public, but putting it on the public, and using that for the reasons to part ways.
Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

”Finished their investigation“.

backpedal.gif

Reactions: KJS14

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What an odd statement. Doubling down in saying that they would've been correct in bringing him back, and basically just saying a reunion would be too toxic without directly putting it on the public, but putting it on the public, and using that for the reasons to part ways.

What a bunch of losers.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Only thing that matters:

It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford

Good riddance. In Finnish, Tervemenoa!

Also, thank you, Rachel Riley, who ever you are.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Only thing that matters:

It's the right result, but it's definitely not the only thing that matters.

The statement was basically "He didn't do the things he was caught on audio tape doing, but when we tried to bring him back people got mad at us and we didn't want sponsors to leave, so we'll part with him."

This was nothing more than United making a determination that keeping Greenwood and his on field value was worth less $ than would have been lost in commercial revenue

Reactions: KJS14

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's the right result, but it's definitely not the only thing that matters.

The statement was basically "He didn't do the things he was caught on audio tape doing, but when we tried to bring him back people got mad at us and we didn't want sponsors to leave, so we'll part with him."

This was nothing more than United making a determination that keeping Greenwood and his on field value was worth less $ than would have been lost in commercial revenue
I just don't want to waste any more energy thinking about the suit clowns.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Also, it's classic non-apology behavior for Greenwood to say a generic "I fully accept I made mistakes" without remotely saying what those mistakes were
I just don't want to waste any more energy thinking about the suit clowns.
Of course you don't, you don't want to think about anything that would amount to real criticism of the club. Now that the consequences of an insane moral failure on behalf of the club won't be staring you in the face every week as it would if he had suited up, it's easy to push it into the past and ignore it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Only thing that matters:

Only thing that matters if you have zero morals or pride. Only weasels would think that this should be the end of it and wash their hands of it.

Context and doing the right thing without being pressured into it matters if you have any sort of integrity.

You should really reflect on how you come across.

The statement from the player is even worse. Clearly no remorse whatsoever

'It's on me but I didn't do anything'

Reactions: Pink Mist

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Also, it's classic non-apology behavior for Greenwood to say a generic "I fully accept I made mistakes" without remotely saying what those mistakes were

Of course you don't, you don't want to think about anything that would amount to real criticism of the club. Now that the consequences of an insane moral failure on behalf of the club won't be staring you in the face every week as it would if he had suited up, it's easy to push it into the past and ignore it.
I mean, the fact that I use the term suit clowns, should indicate what I think about them. Clowns, all of them. Also, I just read Richard Arnold's statement:

• We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online.
• The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings.

So they had some information that wasn't public.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
• We were provided with alternative explanations for the audio recording, which was a short excerpt from a much longer recording, and for the images posted online. • The alleged victim's family participated in the process and were given the opportunity to review and correct our factual findings.

"We were just roleplaying bro, it was something she wanted." combined with the family pressuring her to keep the gravy train rolling.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Until February this year, this was a matter for the police and the Crown Prosecution Service. It was only when charges were dropped that the club discussed the allegations with Mason and others involved in the case.

Well at least that explains why it took so long.

"We were just roleplaying bro, it was something she wanted." combined with the family pressuring her to keep the gravy train rolling.
Probably. And people used to think Depp and Heard were a toxic relationship.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It does. They were hoping someone else would make the decision for them.
Oh definitely. I think I and several other people even said it here.

This better make the club pay more attention to their players behavior in the youth levels. Send Keano there to tell the kids that if they ever want to wear the badge, you don't behave like a fecking asshole, on and off the pitch..

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I mean, the fact that I use the term suit clowns, should indicate what I think about them. Clowns, all of them. Also, I just read Richard Arnold's statement:

So they had some information that wasn't public.

If the descriptor “mealy-mouthed” came to life, it would be that Richard Arnold statement.

Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Top to bottom I don’t know how fans of Man Utd can continue supporting that club after all this. Disgusting from everyone. Would be embarrassed to be associated with that. I’d be ripping pictures off the wall and throwing kits in the trash

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Top to bottom I don’t know how fans of Man Utd can continue supporting that club after all this. Disgusting from everyone. Would be embarrassed to be associated with that. I’d be ripping pictures off the wall and throwing kits in the trash
We're just hoping to be bought up by a high quality owner who respects human rights and justice like Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani

• Haha
Reactions: Gecklund and Savant

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Partners always post pictures of themselves covered in bruises after role playing, right?

Excerpt from Greenwood's Statement:
"I was brought up to know that violence or abuse in any relationship is wrong, I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges."

Kid hasn't learned a damn thing from all of this. He got his girlfriend to drop the charges and then tries to claim that as some sort of legal win. I hope no other teams are willing to give him a chance to revive his career. Surely some club will, and they should receive backlash too.

It's shocking and utterly disgusting that had they not received serious backlash over the past week plus, that United would have gladly reintegrated Greenwood into the team and fully backed his claim of innocence.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't know what forum these were originally posted but saw them (supposedly 15 in total on reddit somewhere) linked elsewhere:

Not surprised anymore how those two are still together. :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad