2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Really considering that switch to be a full time Brighton fan.
Funnily enough when I was also thinking I'd need to start considering who to root for after dropping Utd, Brighton came to mind. Seems to be a good combination of least hateable + well-run + good on-field product.

I think I get Serie A games with Paramount+, so there's that option too...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
ex1htyj67uib1.jpg

Looks good on paper at least, but we'll see. Most expensive midfield ever.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If they end up not bringing him back they deserve zero credit.

The only reason there’s any second thoughts is because they’re scared of backlash, specifically having sponsors balk.
IF Keano was calling the team the Spurs after today's performance, imagine what he'd say on air if Greenwood was brought back?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

The only reason there’s any second thoughts is because they’re scared of backlash, specifically having sponsors balk.

Backlash that they've (obviously) tried to game the entire way through, all the way down to the type of photographs of the guy they'd take.

Of course a corporate business like United would go down that deep but just shows how slimy this stuff gets.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I'm curious if Arnold loses his job here in a little. In their statement it said the owners left the decision to the CEO. Kind of reminds me of how Woodward was the scapegoat for the Super League fiasco.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm curious if Arnold loses his job here in a little. In their statement it said the owners left the decision to the CEO. Kind of reminds me of how Woodward was the scapegoat for the Super League fiasco.
I’m deeply skeptical that the owners just left something like this to the CEO. Similar to the super league stuff.

They 100% had a preferred outcome but want to hide behind underlings when the fallout hits.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m deeply skeptical that the owners just left something like this to the CEO. Similar to the super league stuff.

They 100% had a preferred outcome but want to hide behind underlings when the fallout hits.
Oh I agree, but that line seems very much like he'd be the scapegoat if it didn't go well. But I could be overanalyzing that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs and Arsenal have very winnable matches coming up, I could see them both undefeated after 5 matches when they meet for the 1st time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Spurs and Arsenal have very winnable matches coming up, I could see them both undefeated after 5 matches when they meet for the 1st time.
They both have 2 of the top 5 easiest starts to the season. They really should.

then again Chelsea had the easiest, but that says more about Chelsea, although it’s fun to laugh now they will probably go on a run soon

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean, he was coaching Celtic. They have a Bayern-like grip on their league.
When he came in they had just lost the title to Gerrard's Rangers by 20 points, and were in the worst state they'd been in for quite some time. He had to turn over half the squad and the rest is history.

Already seeing Celtic supporters wanting Rodgers out lol.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
"What is football without risks?"

For the first time since Poch they are bringing in players with the same mindset as the manager

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad