2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Reece James is Chelsea captain. So happy to see it go to one of the Cobham lads, even if we all had thought it’d be Mount one day.

Our best player and now our cap’n.

Reactions: Blender

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I'd love to but it's stupid to do it already.

Assuming Harry sticks around, here are my 100% sure to be wrong predictions. Except 1st. And last. Feel good about those. Nothing else.

If Harry leaves, drop them to 7th.

1)City
2)ManU
3)Arsenal
4)Spurs
5)Liverpool
6)Villa
7)Chelsea
8)Newcastle
9)W. Ham
10)Brighton
11)Palace
12)Brentford
13)Everton
14)Forest
15)Bouremouth
16)Fulham
17)Sheffield
18)Burnley
19)Wolves
20)Luton

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Sheffield United selling (who I considered) their 2 best players after getting promoted to the PL is something.
Planning to go down and win the league again and be more ready for the prem... supposedly... I think we all know what can happen once in the quagmire of the championship.

Reactions: JPBolts

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Here comes my predictions:

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Newcastle
6. Chelsea
7. Spurs
8. Aston Villa
9. Brighton
10. Brentford
11. Crystal Palace
12. Fulham
13. West Ham
14. Nottingham
15. Bournemouth
16. Everton
17. Burnley
18. Wolves
19. Sheffield
20. Luton

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, Chelsea without Caicedo and Nkunku drops far lower in the standings. I can’t see an argument for them finishing top five barring significant injuries to teams above.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
My Spurs writeup:

Despite the Kane sale I can't help but feeling excited for Spurs this season.

I've gotten a very positive impression from Postecoglou so far. He brings the type of football I want Spurs to play. Not sure if you can find a better embodiment for Spurs motto "To dare is to do". Also says all the right words during interviews and press conferences to me. There are a couple of question marks obviously. Some I have are:

1. How will his tactics outside of possession do in the Premier League? The press hasn't looked the most cohesive during preseason.
2. How will his physically demanding system affect the players in the long run?
3. How much of his tactics does he actually adjust depending on the opposition?

Despite these question marks I'm going to be pretty patient with him and I hope the club is too.

Another thing I'm excited about is certain players. I'm going to highlight a few here.

Udogie: Athletic beast with great offensive qualities. Hasn't been tested much defensively this preseason but I'm very confident that he can become one of the best in the world at his position.

Maddison: Spurs have been lacking someone like him for a long time. Silky smooth player with a lot of flair.

Bissouma: Struggled with injuries and Conte's system last season. Confident that Ange will unlock him and he'll be back to his level at Brighton if not better. Looked amazing at Barca.

Sarr: Probably won't be a starter but should be a great bench option. Only 20 but has so many great qualities for a midfielder. Fits Ange's system to a tee.

Looking through the rest of the squad there are some holes, most notably at centre-back and striker, but supposedly there is still businees they are looking to do so we'll see. I'd say Vicario is quite a big question mark too. How he does will have a large impact on how the team does in the standings.

How I think they will line up against Brentford:

--Son - Richarlison - Kulusevski
--Skipp - Bissouma - Maddison
Udogie - Dier* - Romero - Emerson
--------------Vicario

* Putting Dier here because Van de Ven is probably not ready yet and other options are likely on the way out.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
My Spurs writeup:

Despite the Kane sale I can't help but feeling excited for Spurs this season.

I've gotten a very positive impression from Postecoglou so far. He brings the type of football I want Spurs to play. Not sure if you can find a better embodiment for Spurs motto "To dare is to do". Also says all the right words during interviews and press conferences to me. There are a couple of question marks obviously. Some I have are:

1. How will his tactics outside of possession do in the Premier League? The press hasn't looked the most cohesive during preseason.
2. How will his physically demanding system affect the players in the long run?
3. How much of his tactics does he actually adjust depending on the opposition?

Despite these question marks I'm going to be pretty patient with him and I hope the club is too.

Another thing I'm excited about is certain players. I'm going to highlight a few here.

Udogie: Athletic beast with great offensive qualities. Hasn't been tested much defensively this preseason but I'm very confident that he can become one of the best in the world at his position.

Maddison: Spurs have been lacking someone like him for a long time. Silky smooth player with a lot of flair.

Bissouma: Struggled with injuries and Conte's system last season. Confident that Ange will unlock him and he'll be back to his level at Brighton if not better. Looked amazing at Barca.

Sarr: Probably won't be a starter but should be a great bench option. Only 20 but has so many great qualities for a midfielder. Fits Ange's system to a tee.

Looking through the rest of the squad there are some holes, most notably at centre-back and striker, but supposedly there is still businees they are looking to do so we'll see. I'd say Vicario is quite a big question mark too. How he does will have a large impact on how the team does in the standings.

How I think they will line up against Brentford:

--Son - Richarlison - Kulusevski
--Skipp - Bissouma - Maddison
Udogie - Dier* - Romero - Emerson
--------------Vicario

* Putting Dier here because Van de Ven is probably not ready yet and other options are likely on the way out.

I can't wait for Betancur/Bissouma/Maddison in the middle.

This guy is a coach who LOVES Ange and has decided to follow Spurs closely, but isn't a Spurs fan. Been following him a few weeks with some good content.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gold said today that Ange plans on using Perisic quite a bit, he really likes him and has seemed to fit the system. Gold also said Perisic loves Ange and believes in the club.

......in before he goes to Spain. LOL

Also, Porro has been struggling with the system and expects Emerson Royal to start

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Anybody putting LFC in the top 4 are out of their mind.
They will concede a lot of goals, they have no depth and they lack quality players.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Anybody putting LFC in the top 4 are out of their mind. They will concede a lot of goals, they have no depth and they lack quality players.
Post 6 links to websites that don't have LFC in their top 4. That's not happening.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Post 6 links to websites that don't have LFC in their top 4. That's not happening.
I have seen them play all pre season, they will concede 3 goals or more this year. The gap is large behind the midfield and the defense. Like an open buffet for long balls.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It was mentioned in the Chelsea - Fulham match (30th July) that the transfer has been agreed by all parties (Al Hilal, Fulham and Mitrovic) but hasn't been officially announced yet. That's why Mitrovic hasn't played in any preseason matches (to avoid injury).

Well, looks like Mitrovic is taying at Fulham after all.

Even if he said during the summer that he will never play for Fulham again, but he has patched up issues with the management since. He started on the bench today.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1691856738571.png

He scored more than 100 PL goals. Can you name him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad