2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If they start lowering the amount of games teams play I'm sure you'll hear coaches then complain they can't get young players enough minutes. Also 13 premier league teams aren't even playing any European games so if you cut Cup games that hurts then with getting players minutes. There really shouldn't be any reason the top teams can't have a deep enough squad to handle the amount of games they play.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I actually don’t think there are too many games except for the awful winter congestion, which I’m sure they can space better to avoid.

What teams need to do more of is rotate the players they have provided that the squad is large enough and the quality drop off isn’t Rudiger to Malang Sarr.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Sheffield United selling (who I considered) their 2 best players after getting promoted to the PL is something.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Sounds like what Wenger and Flo want to do. No thanks. keep it as is.
Status quo doesnt make sense. Goalkeepers taking their time on goal kicks. Ref running from midfield to 'warn' him. All the players surrounding the ref pointing at his watch. Fans whistling non-stop. Ref holding up his watch to indicate he has stopped it, nobody actually knows if he has or not. Repeat all that again at the next goalkick or throw-in or freekick. Subs walking around aimlessly on the field to delay time. Ref walking next to them to urge them to leave the field sooner. Absolutely mockery of the rules.

I understand some of us are more okay with all this than others but its not a good look. A ref already has a lot to do. We need to lighten his burden. Timekeeping is something a different official can do while the ref is dealing with other more pressing concerns.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Status quo doesnt make sense. Goalkeepers taking their time on goal kicks. Ref running from midfield to 'warn' him. All the players surrounding the ref pointing at his watch. Fans whistling non-stop. Ref holding up his watch to indicate he has stopped it, nobody actually knows if he has or not. Repeat all that again at the next goalkick or throw-in or freekick. Subs walking around aimlessly on the field to delay time. Ref walking next to them to urge them to leave the field sooner. Absolutely mockery of the rules.

I understand some of us are more okay with all this than others but its not a good look. A ref already has a lot to do. We need to lighten his burden. Timekeeping is something a different official can do while the ref is dealing with other more pressing concerns.
Or they can be instructed to actually follow the rules as is. I dont like time wasting and it extremely bad in the league I follow the most(usually) la liga. However adapting NA style rules is not the way to go. 30 minute halves drastically changes the game. You might not even need subs anymore. That's insane imo.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gary Lineker's Goalhanger Productions hosts 2 of the best podcasts in the world: The Rest is History and The Rest is Politics. Now he, Shearer and Richards have started The Rest is Football.

Should be great

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
No but i guess that makes him quite happy if he’s also an american. An airport in Sacramento though? Might just as well be an englishman on vacation.

I actually complimented him on the shirt, I’m pretty sure he’s from Alabama because the woman he was with was wearing an Alabama shirt and had a southern accent. The Newcastle man I couldn’t chat up. :)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sacramento has a much nicer airport than the surrounding area is, that's for sure. Really boring town.

Yes on both.

When people in Ohio tell me “ oh how lucky to be able to go to California often”. I tell them it’s a lot like Cincinnati, I wouldn’t be too excited about it.

Sacramento is ok for families if you a suburban person, but San Diego it ain’t

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sounds like a meniscal repair for Nkunku. Been there. That recovery sucks.
2 on my right knee. 1 at 21 and 1 at 31. After the 2nd one the Dr said I would need one every 10 years and then a replacement eventually.

25 years later, I have arthritis for sure and not much meniscus left, but no other surgeries and I am not close to a replacement.

How's yours?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
2 on my right knee. 1 at 21 and 1 at 31. After the 2nd one the Dr said I would need one every 10 years and then a replacement eventually.

25 years later, I have arthritis for sure and not much meniscus left, but no other surgeries and I am not close to a replacement.

How's yours?
I had my meniscal repair at 17 and then re tore it at 18. They just cleaned out that tear and I have only part of it left. Ive had zero issues since the cleaning of the tear thankfully.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

How's yours?
I had 50% of the meniscus in my left knee removed in the early '90s and no surgery since then. I've had off and on issues with occasional pain/swelling but I do a lot of cycling and lately it's been great. I saw an orthopedist a few years ago who said I had some arthritis but less than he would have expected. I always expected I'd need a knee replacement but I'd love to avoid it if possible.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I had 50% of the meniscus in my left knee removed in the early '90s and no surgery since then. I've had off and on issues with occasional pain/swelling but I do a lot of cycling and lately it's been great. I saw an orthopedist a few years ago who said I had some arthritis but less than he would have expected. I always expected I'd need a knee replacement but I'd love to avoid it if possible.

I think because my mother had both her knees replaced even though she never "injured" them, I assumed because I had 2 knee surgeries, it would be terrible now. She was a nurse and all her feet all days for decades.

To be honest, I have more issues with my "good" knee now. LOL

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Goes to show how many should be cleared out.

Lloris, Reguilon, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga, Spence, Ndombele. Sessegnon too but he's injured right now.

One down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad