2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Unproven to you clearly. Ridiculous to say he can be no better than Kepa when you don't know much about him.

Yeah, Allison had played about one season in Italy's Serie A when Liverpool bought him and Vicario has now played two.

While Allison had also about 20 international caps at that time, and you could argue that his time in Brazil was better than what Vicario did before establishing himself in Serie A, I wouldn't rule out Vicario being capable of playing well in the Premier leeague too. He certainly isn't unproven.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sure. But I’m not calling out someone having the worst post in the thread if I’m not putting my own predictions up. That’s weak sauce

So wanting to bet $2000 is weaker than a meaningless predictions?

Perhaps you should re-calibrate your scales.

If you believe what you post, and you are not just shit-posting to get replies, put your money where your mouth is .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So wanting to bet $2000 is weaker than a meaningless predictions?

Perhaps you should re-calibrate your scales.

If you believe what you post, and you are not just shit-posting to get replies, put your money where your mouth is .
Your money bet is shallow and doubtfully sincere. If your problem is you think the prediction is bad, show yours so we can compare later. At least SEPH putting themselves out there. You are just talking empty trash from the peanut gallery. You said their predictions are bad - where are yours?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
City have the ball but not doing much with it. Arsenal stuck in second gear.

Clearest chance there. Arsenal should be up 1-0

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
City have the ball but not doing much with it. Arsenal stuck in second gear.

Clearest chance there. Arsenal should be up 1-0

Boring game and the extra time is 8 mins… lol
Arsenal played well, but still lack game-changing talent

178m for Rice and Havertz is... terrible bussiness. should've used the money to upgrade CF and bring in a midfielder that could also contribute offensively to replace Xhaka

not sure we really improved this window. Timber is perfect for Arteta's system, though. With him and Zinchenko, Arsenal gonna have an amazing build up.

luck goal for Trossart

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Me the first 98 minutes: "this is a pretty boring friendly match"

Me after Trossard goal/penalties: "Arsenal coming up clutch in a final to win the trophy. Love it! One down for the treble"

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
70% of the game played in their own half with possession... snoozer but was expecting city to lose at some point... they hardly ever win this thing :laugh:
Best part of the game was watching arteta's pissy face melting because he can't scream like a madman all match this year...

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
City with a bunch of meaningless possession, Arsenal with the best chances. Right team won in the end. Hopefully a sign of the season to come.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Anyone have a good season preview that goes more into detail about players or maybe a player guide? The Guardian one is fairly scant these days.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Anyone have a good season preview that goes more into detail about players or maybe a player guide? The Guardian one is fairly scant these days.

....and the Guardian is considered the best one.

Given the size of the PL, it's rather shocking the lack of quality previews. Every US sport has publishing and online previews that crush anything I've seen on the PL. But given that the teams still are moving players in and out through the start of the season, it's likely harder to do so.

You could not have a Phil Steele College Football-type preview for the PL, too much late player movement.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I think the top 20 lists are coming too early.

I will say that if Chelsea accomplish the remaining incoming first team signings that are rumored (Olise, Caicedo, Adams)… that elevates them a fair bit

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think the top 20 lists are coming too early.

I will say that if Chelsea accomplish the remaining incoming first team signings that are rumored (Olise, Caicedo, Adams)… that elevates them a fair bit
Yeah. It should be done at around a day or two before the season starts.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I don't fully agree with the players on the "more games" concern....

The FA Cup + Champions/Europa League + Premier League has been the norm for multiple decades now.

The league cup is the league cup and all those other random competitions like the Community Shield, World Club Championship, friendlies, etc are either games to prepare/condition or games where the manager can field a B-squad. If the manager is making his first team start those games then the players should be angry at their manager.

I do agree there are too many international games but the FA can't control that and if a player doesn't feel he can play at the international level and for the club at the same time then don't play at the international level.

I also think the games can be better spaced apart, last season was a shitshow but that was also partly because of the November World Cup. The season could've ended at least one week later though as there was like a two-week gap between the last Premier League game and the Champions League final.

Reactions: Blender

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
They have also made a couple of changes the other way over the last years. No rematches in the domestic cups, winter break, 4th place team doesn't have to play UCL-playoff etc.

Reactions: Blender

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don't fully agree with the players on the "more games" concern....

The FA Cup + Champions/Europa League + Premier League has been the norm for multiple decades now.

The league cup is the league cup and all those other random competitions like the Community Shield, World Club Championship, friendlies, etc are either games to prepare/condition or games where the manager can field a B-squad. If the manager is making his first team start those games then the players should be angry at their manager.

I do agree there are too many international games but the FA can't control that and if a player doesn't feel he can play at the international level and for the club at the same time then don't play at the international level.

I also think the games can be better spaced apart, last season was a shitshow but that was also partly because of the November World Cup. The season could've ended at least one week later though as there was like a two-week gap between the last Premier League game and the Champions League final.

It’s been a rough few years bc of scheduling changes due to covid, World Cup, etc.

The game times and days have also been expanded. There’s a lot of variance and uncertainty week to week. A lack of routine doesn’t help players.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Whatever they have to do to stop City from walking with the ball a quarter of the match. (other teams do it too) but that also plays into the strategy for city and against city... trying to sap the other team and they do no real danger with the ball..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad