2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I've put money on Poch out by Christmas and Dunfield taking over.. feels like a good punt.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
  • 1. Manchester City (86.6 points)
  • 2. Arsenal (77.5 points)
  • 3. Liverpool (76.1 points)
  • 4. Manchester United (73.3 points)
  • 5. Newcastle (68.3 points)
  • 6. Chelsea (67.8 points)
  • 7. Tottenham (62.2 points)
  • 8. Brighton (58.1 points)
  • 9. Aston Villa (56.5 points)
  • 10. West Ham (47.3 points)
  • 11. Brentford (46.0 points)
  • 12. Crystal Palace (43.0 points)
  • 13. Fulham (40.3 points)
  • 14. Burnley (39.3 points)
  • 15. Everton (38.7 points)
  • 16. Wolves (38.5 points)
  • 17. Bournemouth (37.2 points)
  • 18. Nottingham Forest (36.2 points)
  • 19. Sheffield United (31.7 points)
  • 20. Luton (30.5 points)
An AI predicted that, but I trust @Savant more.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Spurs 11th with potential to do worse. Mmkay.
I mean, it’s not or it shouldn’t be that much of a surprise no? Spurs finished 8th last season with Kane and Son, haven’t really do anything amazing in the transfer market, will still start Dier as a CB, got a manager which is like their 7th choice on their shortlist, might lose Kane on free next year, and/or might lose Kane this year. Seeing other clubs do better in the transfer market while Spurs have been treading downwards for a while now. Going from 8th to 11th, especially if you lot lose Kane isn’t this revelation scenario...
Think you all have Crystal Palace too high. They might not be bad enough to get relegated unfortunately but they haven't added anything, have lost some and might lose more in Olise, and they rode a high to keep them afloat the end of last year. Not a very good team imo.
If CP keeps all their players, I think they will surprise people this season. If they lose even Olise, then I have no problem reverting them back to their below mid-table position.
I agree with this and make it 2-9 and include Arsenal (& switch Palace for Spurs) ... I think the gap between city in 1st and 2nd is larger than the gap between 2nd and 9th.
Man City were pretty much perfect last year, I am not sure if they are able to replicate that success just because it is hard to do. They were also pretty fortunate with injuries as well like Arsenal was. They can absolutely win the league again, but I think both them and Arsenal should be closer to the pack compared to last year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man City were pretty much perfect last year, I am not sure if they are able to replicate that success just because it is hard to do. They were also pretty fortunate with injuries as well like Arsenal was. They can absolutely win the league again, but I think both them and Arsenal should be closer to the pack compared to last year.
Man City were not “pretty much perfect” last year. Especially in the league. Especially in the first half of the season. This wasn’t even Pep’s best Man City team

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man City were not “pretty much perfect” last year. Especially in the league. Especially in the first half of the season. This wasn’t even Pep’s best Man City team
I am not excluding or denying that the club suffered some dips, but Arsenal went like 12-1-1 or something and we still didn’t win the league, so…

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean, it’s not or it shouldn’t be that much of a surprise no? Spurs finished 8th last season with Kane and Son, haven’t really do anything amazing in the transfer market, will still start Dier as a CB, got a manager which is like their 7th choice on their shortlist, might lose Kane on free next year, and/or might lose Kane this year. Seeing other clubs do better in the transfer market while Spurs have been treading downwards for a while now. Going from 8th to 11th, especially if you lot lose Kane isn’t this revelation scenario.

A large majority of the Spurs squad underperformed compared to what they had previously shown. A large part of this is due to Conte. There have been a couple of players delivering scathing reviews of him during intetviews to corroborate this.

On top of this Lloris lost us way too many games. Statistically one of the worst goalies in the prem last season.

Another thing to consider is that Son was playing injured for most of last season, which was pretty apparent. I think these are the main factors as to why Spurs had such a poor season.

As for the upcoming season...

Lloris has been replaced now. Brought in Vicario who is an analytical darling for cheap. I am hopeful.

Got Maddison for a decent fee who should provide plenty of goal contributions.

Son has had his surgery.

Eric Dier also played last season injured and has had his surgery. However he probably isn't a starter anymore since Spurs are bringing in Van de Ven.

Yes, there's the Kane saga of course, but the fact that you think Spurs can't do better than 11th, below Fulham and Crystal Palace, if he were to stay is such an awful take.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I am not excluding or denying that the club suffered some dips, but Arsenal went like 12-1-1 or something and we still didn’t win the league, so…
Win one of their games against City and they may have won the league... instead they got picked apart and lost both.
:dunno:

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
A large majority of the Spurs squad underperformed compared to what they had previously shown. A large part of this is due to Conte. There have been a couple of players delivering scathing reviews of him during intetviews to corroborate this.

On top of this Lloris lost us way too many games. Statistically one of the worst goalies in the prem last season.

Another thing to consider is that Son was playing injured for most of last season, which was pretty apparent. I think these are the main factors as to why Spurs had such a poor season.

Lloris has been replaced now. Brought in Vicario who is an analytical darling for cheap. I am hopeful.

Son has had his surgery.

Eric Dier also played last season injured and has had his surgery. However he probably isn't a starter anymore since Spurs are bringing in Van de Ven.

Yes, there's the Kane saga of course, but the fact that you think Spurs can't do better than 11th, below Fulham and Crystal Palace, if he were to stay is such an awful take.

The same people who think that Spurs can’t improve and will regress seem to be the same people who think Chelsea will go to Europe somehow when they had 16 points to make up on Spurs just to get to 7th place.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The same people who think that Spurs can’t improve and will regress seem to be the same people who think Chelsea will go to Europe somehow when they had 16 points to make up on Spurs just to get to 7th place.
Surprised Sterling did so little at Chelsea, surprised, but not shocked. That club last year was all kinds of terrible.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
this was their third consecutive PL, so they have clearly showed they can replicate success. I do agree that the PL has become extremely top heavy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Son has had his surgery.

This sounds like a lot of excuses mate. I do think Spurs had some Murphy's law last season. However, there is a term in psychology known as "gamblers fallacy" which states because you lost 15 times in a row, you think you would win next time which in reality this isn't the case. Conte might've been a distraction but he is 95%. Of course he deserves a good amount of blame himself but he's still right about how the toxic culture is throughout the organization.

Lloris is a good shout because he was rubbish last season but you lot bought an unproven goalkeeper. He might turn out to be Kepa bad or just very average.

Maddison is good buy but isn't this world beater. If Kane leaves he should provide some goals lost but not enough to make a difference between a Europe spot or not. Additionally, he is a technical darling but is a very one sided player and actually makes your team worse defensively. I just think your current club is one that was punching above their weight for the last 3-4 seasons and will have to now face reality which is a midtable club.

Crystal Palace and Fulham are right now better teams easily. You got some blinder mode on if you think Spurs are better than them. However, we still got a ton of time on the transfer market and if Fulham lose Mitrovic and CP lose Olise, then my opinion will change. If they keep those blokes while Spurs lose Kane, it is crazy to believe that Spurs will outperform them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
An AI predicted that, but I trust @Savant more.
Not sure why I’m catching strays. I’m not dropping predictions until mercato is over, but this not going to look like this. Only thing I 100% agree with is City at 1, but that’s obviously not going out on a limb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah - the league season is longer than 14 games. It’s not 2013 anymore; runs like that aren’t enough
They could've easily lost a couple and gave up considering Arsenals run for 98% of the season. They didn't and kept pace being just in our shadow until we got banged up and they overtook us. This wasn't one of their best teams, agreed, but still an amazing one considering that Haaland was breaking every record that was recorded in the FA 160 year existence. I get you hated the talent last year but it was still one of the strongest EPL years ever. It's not my fault your team wasn't part of it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They could've easily lost a couple and gave up considering Arsenals run for 98% of the season. They didn't and kept pace being just in our shadow until we got banged up and they overtook us. This wasn't one of their best teams, agreed, but still an amazing one considering that Haaland was breaking every record that was recorded in the FA 160 year existence. I get you hated the talent last year but it was still one of the strongest EPL years ever. It's not my fault your team wasn't part of it.
And that still doesn’t mean that it was one of the best City teams. Doesn’t matter if my team was a part of it or not; they aren’t going to be a part of it this season either. City won the league last year in a flukey season interrupted in November and December by the World Cup. The teams that weren’t in UCL benefited greatly. City started out very bad and their only competition was an Arsenal team that couldn’t break 90 and didn’t know how to close. City’s 100 point and 98 point teams were unquestionably better and there’s an argument that their 21/22 was better as well. Last year they were simply carried by a Nuclear Haaland. Which was fun for all the fantasy players, but this was not one of Peps best teams

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
And that still doesn’t mean that it was one of the best City teams. Doesn’t matter if my team was a part of it or not. City won the league last year in a flukey season interrupted in November and December by the World Cup. The teams that weren’t in UCL benefited greatly. City started out very bad and their only competition was an Arsenal team that couldn’t break 90 and didn’t know how to close. City’s 100 point and 98 point teams were unquestionably better and there’s an argument that their 21/22 was better as well. Last year they were simply carried by a Nuclear Haaland. Which was fun for all the fantasy players, but this was not one of Peps best teams
From my shoddy memory they had a few 'miracle' goals to either win or draw in the final minutes of at least 5 or 6 matches too....

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
From my shoddy memory they had a few 'miracle' goals to either win or draw in the final minutes of at least 5 or 6 matches too....
I recall 3 specifically - Jorginho winner against Villa, Reiss winner against Bournemouth, and 2 goals at the end to tie Southampton. "At least 5 or 6" is a stretch even if I'm forgetting one. Also, we got screwed out of points against United and Brentford by referee errors earlier in the season (PGMOL admitted this, it's not just me saying it).

But when it came down to it, they got hit with some key injuries in the final stretch, blew some 2-0 leads, and couldn't get results against City. It still took City going on a perfect run for ~3 months for them to win the league over us, so let's not pretend they were chumps though.

Reactions: LOGiK

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Of course he deserves a good amount of blame himself but he's still right about how the toxic culture is throughout the organization.
Explain please?
Lloris is a good shout because he was rubbish last season but you lot bought an unproven goalkeeper. He might turn out to be Kepa bad or just very average.
Unproven to you clearly. Ridiculous to say he can be no better than Kepa when you don't know much about him.
Crystal Palace and Fulham are right now better teams easily. You got some blinder mode on if you think Spurs are better than them.
I firmly believe that you are the one with the blinders on.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It starts it starts! TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!
IT STARTS NOW!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad