2023-2024 Calder predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

Oct 7, 2013
QC
When trying to create separation through the NZ

The post I quoted was before the game today, and JFC the kid has played 3 periods on Preseason hockey, and has really played well at that.

He’s a lot of things, but he’s got the makings of a special player.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I’m biased as a Sabres fan, but I think Devon Levi is gonna tear it up this year.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
A draft class is more than two players. Mcdavid is better than Crosby or Ovechkin but that doesn’t make his draft class better than theirs.
Which rookie seasons are better than the Sid and Ovie one at this point? If you think McDavid is ahead already, then which season beats his and Panarin’s? You’re really expecting a lot from the current guys.

On the actual topic, anything but Bedard is a big surprise. I really doubt he will be anything like the hype suggests, but still better than the field. I don’t see 5 Rosses or even 9 Richards, to lower expectations.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
On the actual topic, anything but Bedard is a big surprise. I really doubt he will be anything like the hype suggests, but still better than the field. I don’t see 5 Rosses or even 9 Richards, to lower expectations.
He absolutely will be as the hype described. Watch the way he shoots and creates space. Combine the best traits of Matthews and Marner, and that’s Bedard. He will be better than those two and that’s wild to think about cause they are both individually elite talents.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
2 Dmen on the same team with Hamilton getting the heavy PP reps....not likely.

Came here to say the Calder is Bedard's to lose and that's no disrespect to the others he is simply that good.

This is most likely not going to be Nemec's rookie year as the Devils can afford to give him most of the year in the AHL.

Hughes I legit believe will force himself onto the Devils PP1 and should put up gawdy numbers.

That said I agree that this is a really tough year for a dman to try and win. He will get votes, but the forwards will finish ahead of him.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is most likely not going to be Nemec's rookie year as the Devils can afford to give him most of the year in the AHL.

Hughes I legit believe will force himself onto the Devils PP1 and should put up gawdy numbers.

That said I agree that this is a really tough year for a dman to try and win. He will get votes, but the forwards will finish ahead of him.
Agree on all counts.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's Bedard's to lose.

Cooley, Fantili and Hughes fighting for 2nd place.

Levi, Jiricek, Clarke and Knies as dark horses.

Wright as the f*** Habs pick.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Generational.... There is that now meaningless word again...

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Bedard
Hughes
Knies
Cooley
Fantilli
Nemec

These are great candidates and it looks like a really strong rookie class, but with how Bedard looks in preseason so far, it’s almost impossible to bet against him. Kid has “it”.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Levi is going to get the majority of the starts for the Sabres barring injury or very poor performance.

I think he’s going to have a great season and be identified as a major reason the Sabres make the playoffs finally. Might give him a little bump in voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad