2023-2024 Calder predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Going to say Fantilli, because he has the best chance for success with less media scrutiny.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
If Bedard stays healthy there is no chance anyone else touches him. The question should be : if Bedard gets injured, who will win Calder?
if Knies gets regular ice time with Matthews, They seemed to gel together during ploffs. He could easily take it, too. Will be very interesting to watch.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
L.Hughes will be on the 2nd pairing and probably PP2. the 2nd powerplay is pretty stacked this year though so he might get some points there.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
L.Hughes will be on the 2nd pairing and probably PP2. the 2nd powerplay is pretty stacked this year though so he might get some points there.

He’d likely need 40-50 points to be in the mention.

We could be looking at multiple forwards in the 50-75 range

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Is it the best rookie class the NHL has ever seen?

My rankings of likelihood to win, not talent:

1) Bedard - auto win unless injured for 15+ games.

2) Fantilli

3) Cooley
4) Hughes
5) Knies
6) Levi

7) Edvinsson
9) Evangelista
10) Stankoven

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

2) Fantilli

3) Cooley
4) Hughes
5) Knies
6) Levi

7) Edvinsson
9) Evangelista
10) Stankoven

Even with those 10 listed…. Still a bunch of other guys that may be in nhl and may even be in the Calder conversation…. Should be an exciting season for rookies

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Even with those 10 listed…. Still a bunch of other guys that may be in nhl and may even be in the Calder conversation…. Should be an exciting season for rookies
Big Time - i am leaving off players that are more talented than many of the ones who I listed, but don’t think they’ll get a fair enough share of games to compete.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
True about the linemates. I didn't know if Cbus was just going to roll with AF even through rookie mistakes, if they are trying to make the playoffs. Since I believe Cbus views themselves as a playoff team (injuries killed last season).

In Chicago there is pretty much zero expecting of winning. Sometimes it is easier for a talented you kid to come into a situation were the expectations are low. Plus there is always the garbage time points for teams like the Hawks. Our D/goal situation will find us behind a lot in third periods and the other team will be just going through the motions (ie not rolling there top guys out a ton). Also a lot of coaches will have the Hawks circled on the calendar as a good night for the starting goalie to get a night off.
Yeah we really don't know yet if he's gonna get top line minutes, but he's basically been attached to Laine this offseason and in camp so there's a good chance even if he's the 2C behind Jenner, he's gonna get a ton of opportunities. We'll see how he can handle it once the season starts though.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Barring injury, Bedard should win it pretty easily in my opinion. I'm expecting around 40-45 goals and 80-90 points.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah we really don't know yet if he's gonna get top line minutes, but he's basically been attached to Laine this offseason and in camp so there's a good chance even if he's the 2C behind Jenner, he's gonna get a ton of opportunities. We'll see how he can handle it once the season starts though.
As a Michigan fan I really like AF. He uses a lot of speed/power type moves. Think he needs to work some on vison/creativity. It will come I think. Kid is going to be good.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

2) Fantilli

3) Cooley
4) Hughes
5) Knies
6) Levi

7) Edvinsson
9) Evangelista
10) Stankoven
Not even close to the double rookie class in 2005-2006 with Ovechkin and Crosby in it.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

2) Fantilli

3) Cooley
4) Hughes
5) Knies
6) Levi

7) Edvinsson
9) Evangelista
10) Stankoven
In a vacuum, Edvinsson is talented enough but there is next to zero chance he gets the games, let alone icetime/opportunities to garner serious consideration. Legitimately 3-4 guys would have to be hurt long-term.

Mo stepped into a tire fire and thrived. The situation is different for Ed.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Bedard and Fantilli fight it out. Both over 75 points. Bedard has the potential to get over 85.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
In a vacuum, Edvinsson is talented enough but there is next to zero chance he gets the games, let alone icetime/opportunities to garner serious consideration. Legitimately 3-4 guys would have to be hurt long-term.

Mo stepped into a tire fire and thrived. The situation is different for Ed.
Agree, and that’s why he’s 7th on my list here. I could easily see him with 30-35 points if he stays healthy, and a bit more with injuries to the others.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Not even close to the double rookie class in 2005-2006 with Ovechkin and Crosby in it.

I think it’ll be closer than you think, when all is said and done. But I’ll forget this convo in 20 years to be able to see if this class produces more than 4 hall of famers.

Either way, it’s very easily the best class since 05/06. A lot has to do with how COVID shook out and the extra years some of these top guys spent in College.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Captain Smirk

blackhawks-its-official-blackhawks-sign-connor-bedard-to-3-v0-nEfmB-RfrQXkRFRoU1kd4hZJXT7X_9djipcp2zGr6h4.jpg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Kind of ironic how Crosby/McDavid are probably 2 of the top ~3 or so rookie this century, yet neither won the Caleder.

Crosby was up against Ovechkin (best rookie season this century), and McDavid both got injured, and was up against ~25 year old Panarin.

I say this year - it'll be Bedard though. No big surprise coming.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Shouldne't be any suprises this year. Bedard's unless he gets injured. There are a few goalies in prime position to grab a nomination as well as the latest top-3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad