2023-2024 Calder predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bedard
Hughes
Knies
Cooley
Fantilli
Nemec
2 Dmen on the same team with Hamilton getting the heavy PP reps....not likely.

Came here to say the Calder is Bedard's to lose and that's no disrespect to the others he is simply that good.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
that has not been determined yet, but it's a possibility from what I read. I saw Fantilli's name thrown around here a lot, so why not Carlsson?
Carlsson is prob more of a dark horse than a favorite.

Favorites are prob cooley, bedard and fantilli and knies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
that has not been determined yet, but it's a possibility from what I read. I saw Fantilli's name thrown around here a lot, so why not Carlsson?
Oppurtunity as much as anything. Fantilli and Laine have been attached at the hip already but with Laine trying center out again Fantilli could play with Gaudreau. Hes also been getting looks on PP1. He'll have lulls through the year like any teenager but hes already the best center on his team

As soon as he was drafted by the Ducks his hype train fell off a cliff.
And the Fantilli hype train picked up once he was headed to Columbus?

Reactions: CBJx614 and vlady

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Oppurtunity as much as anything. Fantilli and Laine have been attached at the hip already but with Laine trying center out again Fantilli could play with Gaudreau. Hes also been getting looks on PP1. He'll have lulls through the year like any teenager but hes already the best center on his team

And the Fantilli hype train picked up once he was headed to Columbus?

I'd say it stayed the same.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
I think it’ll be closer than you think, when all is said and done. But I’ll forget this convo in 20 years to be able to see if this class produces more than 4 hall of famers.

Either way, it’s very easily the best class since 05/06. A lot has to do with how COVID shook out and the extra years some of these top guys spent in College.

Crosby and Ovechkin are both clearly T20 all time in any ranking and often T10. It’s impossible to say any of the current rookies will reach that level, let alone two of them. Bedard should get there based on the hype, but the rest seem like a stretch to me, it is of course impossible to know. But do you really see Fantilli nudging Yzerman and Sakic down, or Hughes / Némec beating Lidstrom, Bourque, Harvey, Potvin? Possible, but the point is that Sid and Ovie in the sme year is pretty awesome.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Fantlli vs Bedard vs Cooley is probably the expected one

Reality is going to be some random ass dude on the Panthers or Predators against Bedard and Fantilli.

Reactions: CBJx614

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Fantilli is a sure thing I believe. He singed an ELC, which as a college player he can't go back to college, I guess AHL but doubt it.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Cooley is 2nd for me after Bedard. Best situation for putting up points if he plays with Keller and gets all the #1PP time.

He could even win the Calder over Bedard, i don't think 80 points is out of Cooley's reach.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Crosby and Ovechkin are both clearly T20 all time in any ranking and often T10. It’s impossible to say any of the current rookies will reach that level, let alone two of them. Bedard should get there based on the hype, but the rest seem like a stretch to me, it is of course impossible to know. But do you really see Fantilli nudging Yzerman and Sakic down, or Hughes / Némec beating Lidstrom, Bourque, Harvey, Potvin? Possible, but the point is that Sid and Ovie in the sme year is pretty awesome.
A draft class is more than two players. Mcdavid is better than Crosby or Ovechkin but that doesn’t make his draft class better than theirs.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Iam gotta vote against bedard, he look good but no where near generational.

And there no way he 5"10 without skates on.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

You answered your own question. Nobody considers a player that might not even play next season among the "Calder favourites"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad