Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ive just listened to Habs Eyez On the Prize episode on Bogdan K. They say his IQ is excellent BUT his skating is atrocious. Most likely a 3rd pairing D for us. It really tempered my expectations.
This is why you should delete that site from your bookmarks, it is pure dogsh*t

That is a big contrast with what Bexell said for the same website back in March.

He said Konyushkov need to work on his acceleration, stride and edge work.

All things Montreal have the tools to fix.

• Love
Reactions: Big Lurk

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Harsh words from the prophet.
So I'm guessing HEOTP didnt make your Top 25 under 25 LOL

Do you think their assessement of his skating is an exageration or is it just straight gabagool?

At most they could say they want his skating to be better for his size, anything other than that feels like a massive scouting fail

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
That is a big contrast with what Bexell said for the same website back in March.

He said Konyushkov need to work on his acceleration, stride and edge work.

All things Montreal have the tools to fix.
Wow. Bexell said, word for word, that Konyushkov was one of the worst skaters he has seen play professional hockey in Russia. Hearing that would make anyone reel in their excitement. Co Host seems to agree (qualified his skating as "bad").

10:45 mark on the podcast

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Harsh words from the prophet.
So I'm guessing HEOTP didnt make your Top 25 under 25 LOL

Do you think their assessement of his skating is an exageration or is it just straight gabagool?

Their assessment of his skating is entirely uninformed and basic. I am not going to defend his skating as it definitely needs work but the video quality is so poor in the ones that I watched that I would not even try until investigating further. You will never hear a real scout break down a skater's mechanics as not being "clear and precise" that doesn't even make sense and is just word salad from someone with a limited vocabulary lol.

The fact that this site uses people from Dobbers is all you need to know as this is a site that is entirely populated by pasy beta's who likely have never played the game at all. They are entitled to their opinion but do yourself a favour and watch a Dobber podcast.....you will immediately know these these clowns have zero clue about athletics and what actually happens at ground level. They are just applying their Starcraft experience to the scouting experience.

If I have the time and motivation to seek out better videos of Konyushkov I will provide a more credible assessment of his skating.

I can say sh*t like this because there was a time when I thought stupid stuff and was shown by actual scouts and coaches the err of my ways. I was between the ages of 12 to 20 years old lol but I needed the guidance as well.

These kids only have their uniformed peers to rely on as mentors whereas I was actually at the rink with knowledgeable people who could correct me when I said/thought dumb sh*t. This is why there are so many trash hockey sites as these weenies look at stats and watch videos and believe that their opinion matters.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Wow. Bexell said, word for word, that Konyushkov was one of the worst skaters he has seen play professional hockey in Russia. Hearing that would make anyone reel in their excitement. Co Host seems to agree (qualified his skating as "bad").

The crappy clips that I saw didn't show much of him at all in open ice and full stride but there were some worrisome looking mechanics that I could barely discern through the fuzz lol.

I have become more cognizant of the fact that all of these kids read this board so I hesitate before making absolute statements that are negative in nature about them or their game until I am sure that I am correct. If I am correct it will be something that they have heard before from their coaches as there is no need for someone like myself to further confuse these kids with hyperbolic statements based on shady evidence.

Reactions: Big Lurk and BLONG7

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

I don't know much about Bexell as I generally avoid these sites, is there reason to believe that he knows what he is talking about?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Their assessment of his skating is entirely uninformed and basic. I am not going to defend his skating as it definitely needs work but the video quality is so poor in the ones that I watched that I would not even try until investigating further. You will never hear a real scout break down a skater's mechanics as not being "clear and precise" that doesn't even make sense and is just word salad from someone with a limited vocabulary lol.

The fact that this site uses people from Dobbers is all you need to know as this is a site that is entirely populated by pasy beta's who likely have never played the game at all. They are entitled to their opinion but do yourself a favour and watch a Dobber podcast.....you will immediately know these these clowns have zero clue about athletics and what actually happens at ground level. They are just applying their Starcraft experience to the scouting experience.

If I have the time and motivation to seek out better videos of Konyushkov I will provide a more credible assessment of his skating.

I can say sh*t like this because there was a time when I thought stupid stuff and was shown by actual scouts and coaches the err of my ways. I was between the ages of 12 to 20 years old lol but I needed the guidance as well.

These kids only have their uniformed peers to rely on as mentors whereas I was actually at the rink with knowledgeable people who could correct me when I said/thought dumb sh*t. This is why there are so many trash hockey sites as these weenies look at stats and watch videos and believe that their opinion matters.

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!
I'm a professional casual, so I may not have vetted the source properly.

I don't know much about Bexell as I generally avoid these sites, is there reason to believe that he knows what he is talking about?
He seems to be on point and have the trust of overseas coaches and scouts as he often leans on their input when discussing prospects. Doesnt say much about his scouting background, but hey, Grant McCagg was a scout lmao.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!
I'm a professional casual, so I may not have vetted the source properly.

He seems to be on point and have the trust of overseas coaches and scouts as he often leans on their input when discussing prospects. Doesnt say much about his scouting background, but hey, Grant McCagg was a scout lmao.

If Grant wants to count his one season as a part time scout.....a position that he literally had to grovel at Gainey's feet for despite having zero experience, then I guess all of us are a short step from officially being a scout lol.

I will leave Grant alone as he is still a fellow hockey junkie and loves the game like I do and I am sure all of you are sick of my narrative anyways lol.

If Bexell is mostly reiterating comments from real scouts I can get behind that. It is just when people start acting like their personal opinion matters despite being unqualified and more importantly unknowledgeable (the two are normally a package deal but there are exceptions). A guy like Bob McKenzie who is anything but a scout or analyst mostly stays away from pretending that he is anything more than a conduit between scouts/management/players and the fan base and I have always respected that because Bob is just a guy when viewed outside of his connections.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hoping a 40 pts season this year in KHL from him, it's a realistic projection?

That would be very good to see that type of production from him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Hoping a 40 pts season this year in KHL from him, it's a realistic projection?

That would be very good to see that type of production from him.

It's more about his team than him.

The top scorer on his team last year had 48 points (BK 5th with 28).

As a guy that mostly move the puck and feed it to others, his points total will fluctuate a lot depending on his team ability to put the puck in.

He's not on one of the top teams, so 40 points would be way above expectations.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Vinzenz Rohrer (#9 blue) picked up 1 assist.
Filip Eriksson (#25 white) It's tough to spot him so I put every shift into chapters below.

Eriksson 1st Shift 0:05 (he's on the far side)
Rohrer 1st Shift 0:30
Eriksson Shift 1:18
Rohrer Shift 1:38
Rohrer Shift 2:17
Eriksson Shift 3:01
Rohrer/Eriksson Shift 3:34
Rohrer Shift 4:06
Rohrer Shift 4:53
Eriksson Shift 5:40
Rohrer Shift 6:33
*Rohrer Assist* 7:01
Eriksson Shift 7:44
Rohrer Shift 8:31
Eriksson Shift 8:55
Rohrer Shift 9:41
Eriksson Shift 10:31
Rohrer Shift 11:02
Eriksson Shift 12:01
Eriksson Shift 12:29
Rohrer Shift 13:11
Rohrer/Eriksson Shift 13:37
*Rohrer/Eriksson Scrum* 14:24
Rohrer Shift 14:36
Eriksson Shift 15:44

Thanks as always for these videos. I am subscribed to your channel but it is difficult to find good Konyushkov clips. Do you have some that you could post that would give me a good look at his skating?

Whenever you have some spare time, no rush buddy.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks as always for these videos. I am subscribed to your channel but it is difficult to find good Konyushkov clips. Do you have some that you could post that would give me a good look at his skating?

Whenever you have some spare time, no rush buddy.

the KHL is geo blocked for me, that's why there isn't any KHL vids on my channel. It's odd, they won't let me show KHL but then offer VHL and MHL in 1080 HD for free when the CHL package is close to 200 bucks and the games are in 480 or 720.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
the KHL is geo blocked for me, that's why there isn't any KHL vids on my channel. It's odd, they won't let me show KHL but then offer VHL and MHL in 1080 HD for free when the CHL package is close to 200 bucks and the games are in 480 or 720.

That is so strange.

Hopefully some quality video of him shows up somewhere as there are very polarized opinions on his skating and the clips that I have watched are poor quality from poor angles and poor camera work.

Thanks for the response and just know that your efforts are extremely appreciated.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
His coach is Igor Larionov and Bogdan already is a captain in the KHL at his age so I really doubt it’s just standard coach praise.

Doesn’t mean it will work out in the NHL but even if you’re not excited he’s a good prospect to have in our system and it’s perfectly fine if people forget about him while he develops.
I feel Bogdan is in the same boat as Engstrom. Both are top pairing youngsters putting up good points in ow scoring leagues. Because they’re overseas I feel they get looked over crimanlly often

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

It's tough to make money in Russia even on selling the KHL matches to TV audience, but they still try. Selling MHL and VHL is absolutely unrealistic. So they just promote hockey with the leagues broadcasting.

Reactions: montreal

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I feel Bogdan is in the same boat as Engstrom. Both are top pairing youngsters putting up good points in ow scoring leagues. Because they’re overseas I feel they get looked over crimanlly often
Both are long shots to have long, successful, NHL careers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Both are long shots to have long, successful, NHL careers.

I see them as wild cards. I don't know how their play in Europe would translate to the NHL.

Previously, I had Harris, Struble, Hutson, Xhekaj, and Barron in that boat. Now we've started to see what they are at the NHL level. Though it's still early in their development curves as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad