Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
If fowler Truly felt this way.. Than why did he do the publicity with the new jerseys and all.. Hes picture is on the ducks main page.. Something happened that made him upset.

Exactly this. Fowler has never been that guy so if he is saying he won't report then something happened behind the curtain. And honestly if you had given 14 years to a team/company and they came to you and said "we want you gone", how would you respond especially after years of losing and still being leaned on?

I'd be pissed and you're lying if you say you wouldn't be.

I'd agree to be traded at that point and I would say "if you don't want me, why should I be giving you anything more?".

I dunno. Good for him.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Overtraining physically through a fire hose can absolutely cause injuries. Overtraining is a pretty well documented way to cause injuries, it’s an odd position to think it’s not plausible. Obviously I have no way to say it DID happen, but Cronin’s system was deceived as significantly more difficult than anything the veterans had ever seen (from multiple teams), so it’s not like it’s a crazy thought that it could play into things.

Having a practice before a game is hardly "overtraining through a fire hose" for adult professional athletes. It's also an odd position to assume that a veteran professional coach is overworking everyone.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Goes against Friedman reporting that the relationship was amicable

This is being ignored. Friedman was very clear on his podcast that it was a positive situation from both sides. IMO Friedman is one of the most reliable people out there and he was firm in that there is no contention. This is a false rumor.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Fowler has earned the respect to want to go to a playoff team at this point in his career.
Bob Murray rushed him into the NHL and he likely would have been making more money on his contract had he not been rushed as well as playing at a higher level. I remember expecting a lot out of him when he was drafted after Niedermayer retired and he was top5 prospect going into the draft.

Probably he wants another contract and playing on a playoff team he'll put up better numbers and get that contact, even if its probably only a 2 to 3 year deal.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I think Fowler has earned the respect to want to go to a playoff team at this point in his career.
Bob Murray rushed him into the NHL and he likely would have been making more money on his contract had he not been rushed as well as playing at a higher level. I remember expecting a lot out of him when he was drafted after Niedermayer retired and he was top5 prospect going into the draft.

Probably he wants another contract and playing on a playoff team he'll put up better numbers and get that contact, even if its probably only a 2 to 3 year deal.
True. If he does want to get moved. The team owes him that

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
True. If he does want to get moved. The team owes him that

They owe him an obligation to gauge trade value and make a move if its good for the ducks. They don't owe him more than that. He has a contract. There is no way he's retiring and walking away.

And for the record, even if there is acrimony, I think he would still show up and be a professional. that's his only hope of being moved.

Reactions: Deuce22

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Having a practice before a game is hardly "overtraining through a fire hose" for adult professional athletes. It's also an odd position to assume that a veteran professional coach is overworking everyone.

Except when a GM validates and is happy with the HC is actually overworking everyone b/c they're being (paraphrasing) "drinking through a firehose". I remember reading how the team had a full AM practice before getting on a flight for an away game later on that evening. It myaybe a pre-season game, but it's probably worse if it was a pre-season b/c the players are supposed to be slowly ramping up to NHL speed/game. That was how Z and Drysdale got injured, they weren't slowly ramped up into NHL speed/game and went 100 or 110% once signing a contract after missing training camp as well as the pre-season games.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As per the Cam Fowler rumors...

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
They owe him an obligation to gauge trade value and make a move if its good for the ducks. They don't owe him more than that. He has a contract. There is no way he's retiring and walking away.

And for the record, even if there is acrimony, I think he would still show up and be a professional. that's his only hope of being moved.
I agree there :)

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I was thinking to myself what beyond the practices before games would set Cam off to have him want to allegedly ask for a trade. I think he came to grips with not getting the "C" already, so I don't think it is that. The only thing I came up with that we haven't talked about that I could come up with was.....What if Pat wanted to strip Cam of his "A" ? If that were the case I could see that being a bit of a slap to the face.

This is where I say that I have zero proof of this, it is only an idea that I came up with, I have no insider information. Just a random thought I had.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I was thinking to myself what beyond the practices before games would set Cam off to have him want to allegedly ask for a trade. I think he came to grips with not getting the "C" already, so I don't think it is that. The only thing I came up with that we haven't talked about that I could come up with was.....What if Pat wanted to strip Cam of his "A" ? If that were the case I could see that being a bit of a slap to the face.

This is where I say that I have zero proof of this, it is only an idea that I came up with, I have no insider information. Just a random thought I had.
I think just being sick of losing is the simple answer. He’s still not that old, but he’s running out of time in his career.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
I think just being sick of losing is the simple answer. He’s still not that old, but he’s running out of time in his career.
Sick of taking pucks to the face for a losing team is more than enough justification IMO. By the time the team is solidly in the "good" column again his contract will be up, anyways.

Might as well see what's out there. I don't fault him at all.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
“The four-team trade list written into Fowler’s contract gives him a good amount of say in joining a preferred team. It could also make him harder to move, but Fowler has expanded the list of teams to double digits, opening up more possibilities for trade discussions.”

“It may have the appearance of Fowler asking for a trade, but it is more of a matter of both sides seeing if there is benefit to a move. Friedman noted that it is a “positive working environment” when it comes to Fowler and the Ducks working on a trade for the franchise’s all-time leading scorer among blueliners. Fowler has two years remaining on his contract, with a $6.5 million cap hit.”

FlyingV09

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Except when a GM validates and is happy with the HC is actually overworking everyone b/c they're being (paraphrasing) "drinking through a firehose". I remember reading how the team had a full AM practice before getting on a flight for an away game later on that evening. It myaybe a pre-season game, but it's probably worse if it was a pre-season b/c the players are supposed to be slowly ramping up to NHL speed/game. That was how Z and Drysdale got injured, they weren't slowly ramped up into NHL speed/game and went 100 or 110% once signing a contract after missing training camp as well as the pre-season games.
When PV used the term "drinking water through a fire hose", he was referring to learning the new systems and expectations from Cronin. He wasn't referring to overworking them in practice.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Looking at our projected lineup I see the Ducks essentially icing an AHL team and 100% banking on our prospects' progression or improvements in execution. I don't see the latter because Cronin hasn't shown that he is able work with what he has and maximizing his players talents with any strategy. I don't expect the team to establish any identity or improve execution in areas such as the power play with them making decisions like having Zegras play on the PK, or probably playing Dumoulin on the PP.

I feel this strategy is not an ideal environment for our prospects and will be exacerbated if we see Fowler traded before the season starts which would signal to the players that the season is over before it even started.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm excited about our prospects' progression and I think we're going to see a positive influence from Cronin this year. New assistant coaches will mean better special teams.

This is a great environment for our prospects to thrive since there are good veteran leaders to guide them, but they'll get significant opportunities to learn at the NHL level, which is where most of them belong. The results will be mixed, but I think they finish somewhere in the 75 - 80 point range this season, and games will be a lot more fun to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad