Speculation: 2022 off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I don't think there's another team where the players all talk about how "they love the city and want to be here." If the answer is organic and genuine, fine. But I still get the feeling they've been coached to say how much they love it here and to me, it's a little forced and hokey.
The city has always had that complex, before the team even started.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I don't think there's another team where the players all talk about how "they love the city and want to be here." If the answer is organic and genuine, fine. But I still get the feeling they've been coached to say how much they love it here and to me, it's a little forced and hokey.

I get the impression there might have problems in the locker room for the last couple of years and now everyone is much happier. Players seem to be genuinely happy.

Reactions: NotWendell and LJ7

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We still don't know why it was so urgent for him to leave Columbus. Torts? Bad romantic breakup? Squirrels in his attic? Run in with the Amish at Der Dutchman?
If you believe Rimer from the Athletic podcast, he was adamant it was torts even though the public message was that it wasn’t.

Reactions: Xoggz22

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
If you believe Rimer from the Athletic podcast, he was adamant it was torts even though the public message was that it wasn’t.
Maybe it’s all a ploy for more money, or whatever, but if PLD is playing the “will I or won’t I” shit again then I’m glad his headache is gone. I’m all for players doing what’s best for them, but I think PLD is going about things the wrong way. I hope his ass is stranded on bad teams for the rest of his career. I think he’s looking for the quickest route to UFA possible.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe it’s all a ploy for more money, or whatever, but if PLD is playing the “will I or won’t I” shit again then I’m glad his headache is gone. I’m all for players doing what’s best for them, but I think PLD is going about things the wrong way. I hope his ass is stranded on bad teams for the rest of his career. I think he’s looking for the quickest route to UFA possible.
He'll look great in a Coyotes uniform playing in front if 5,000 people (maybe)

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We got 48 goals of production this year out of that trade so he can go rot somewhere else for all I care.

Interestingly enough, PLDouche was the jets leader in PIM too. It wasn’t even close. He had liike 40 more than the next guy and 38 more than Gavrikov who led the CBJ.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Portzline strongly opposed him there, hearing Rimer and Porty's discussion on that made me feel like some guys around the team don't even know exactly why.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Portzline strongly opposed him there, hearing Rimer and Porty's discussion on that made me feel like some guys around the team don't even know exactly why.
This is true. I'd be inclined to believe that Rimer is more connected however, especially through the bubble and stuff. I'll remain pretty neutral. I know some people are Porty haters but I generally enjoy reading his coverage. He just needs help since Alison and Tom Reed left.

Reactions: LJ7

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is true. I'd be inclined to believe that Rimer is more connected however, especially through the bubble and stuff. I'll remain pretty neutral. I know some people are Porty haters but I generally enjoy reading his coverage. He just needs help since Alison and Tom Reed left.

I think it's just the nature of the job. Portzline has to take responsibility for getting it right, while Rimer can gossip freely.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Hey stop saying that! Delete your post before Malkin and other pending UFAs can read it.

As for Rimer and the PLD mess, we have to remember Rimer's job has always been to pretend and suggest that there's no internal problems within the current team. I think claiming that it was all because of Torts was just his attempt to give simple answer to a complicated cluster of events that occurred during PLD's time with CBJ, and thus put fans' minds to rest on this.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
The Blue Jackets promoted assistant coach Steve McCarthy from AHL Cleveland to the NHL last September, just a few days before training camp, after coach Sylvain Lefebvre was dismissed for refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine. McCarthy was given a one-year deal, but The Gathering has been told that an extension is coming to keep him a part of the coaching staff for next season and beyond.

Reactions: CBJx614

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
For those saying Larsen is just like Torts...

Larsen has been with the Blue Jackets organization since 2010. He predates John Davidson, Kekalainen and just about everybody else in management and hockey operations. So, why did it take so long to name him head coach? He wasn’t hired until June 10.

Two reasons:

First, from Kekalainen: “It’s kind of interesting that the guy we interviewed the most times is the guy we knew the best. But we needed to be convinced that Lars, who is very close to Tortorella and was his right-hand man, was, in fact, different from him. It seems odd, but that’s how much we wanted to be convinced that we were making a proper change.”

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Weird how Torts is gone , and nearly every player specifically mentioned how much they loved Larsens system , and loved the city of Columbus . There is no debate that the product on the ice was much more entertaining , which lead to a throaty crowd most nights . Obviously we need to shore up our defense.. Boquist ‘ Bean at minimum better be putting on 10lbs in the off-season . Overall a pretty successful season , and you can see that there is a ton of talent in place .
Post automatically merged:

I’ll go with Rimer , instead of Porta P, 7 days a week . Rimer is about as clued in as anyone with the cbj

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Here's a quote from Jarmo in the Prospect thread about Marchenko and his incoming signing.

The final quote, "he'll be here" is quite telling. Now, its very possible that the context of the quote doesn't necessarily mean he meant Marchenko is going to be on the roster this year, instead meaning he will "be here" as in signing in the organization. But I think its important to point out.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Weird how Torts is gone , and nearly every player specifically mentioned how much they loved Larsens system , and loved the city of Columbus . There is no debate that the product on the ice was much more entertaining , which lead to a throaty crowd most nights . Obviously we need to shore up our defense.. Boquist ‘ Bean at minimum better be putting on 10lbs in the off-season . Overall a pretty successful season , and you can see that there is a ton of talent in place .
Post automatically merged:

I’ll go with Rimer , instead of Porta P, 7 days a week . Rimer is about as clued in as anyone with the cbj
Rimer also talked about Carter, Panarin, Bob, and Nash and was adamant none left because of the city itself. I don't know who or what to believe, but Rimer sometimes comes across as a company man defending the current and kind of dumping on the past.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Well it certainly sounds like things are going down in Winnipeg. First with PLD's comments now this.

Scheifele would be too much of a "win now" piece for us I think, likely costing us one of our firsts and Sillinger, so I wouldn't be interested in that, but its an option that might be out there.

Reactions: CBJx614

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Well it certainly sounds like things are going down in Winnipeg. First with PLD's comments now this.

Scheifele would be too much of a "win now" piece for us I think, likely costing us one of our firsts and Sillinger, so I wouldn't be interested in that, but its an option that might be out there.

Plus the potential issues with Laine. Doubt its an option either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad