Speculation: 2022 off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I just read today's ATHLETIC article and seems that Team USA has invited Peeke to the World Championships. So, it seems management, coaches, teammates, media, broadcasters, and even Team USA feels very high on this kid during his first full NHL season. Peeke plays defense the way people that know that position can appreciate. In that article, Sillinger said it best. That's the kind of player a team embraces. I guess there are always fans that appreciate the offensive minded D men and equate points to success. Most teams heading to the playoffs are loaded with big, strong, durable defensemen in their top 4. From the sounds of it, Peeke may be here a long time and I am thrilled to have guys like him and Gavrikov on this team. But then, I am one who appreciates the position of defense. I don't talk up forwards since that's not a position I played.
I wrote only about puckhandling. Btw. WC isn't a good example because different players play there. For example Eric Robinson or Liam Foudy the last year too.

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
What do you guys think thees guys sign for ?

Roslovic
Boqvist
Blankenburg
Bemstrom
Carlsson

My guesses

Roslovic 4 years 3.5-4mm. Next to Laine this one is hardest to figure imo.
Boqvist 2 years 1mm or so.
Blankenburg 3 years 2mm or so.
Bemstrom 2 years 1mm or so
Carlsson a 2 year 2 way? Why bother?
Those guesses are pretty close to mine. Roslovic at 4x4 would be a really nice deal for us. He's a 3C at the very worst and really cares. His skillset is important to the type of team the FO is trying to build.

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

Roslovic
Boqvist
Blankenburg
Bemstrom
Carlsson

My guesses

Those guesses are pretty close to mine. Roslovic at 4x4 would be a really nice deal for us. He's a 3C at the very worst and really cares. His skillset is important to the type of team the FO is trying to build.
I’m pretty much in agreement except Boqvist will be a bit more than $1M. Ros really helped himself in the last 1/3 of the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I’m pretty much in agreement except Boqvist will be a bit more than $1M. Ros really helped himself in the last 1/3 of the season.

Well, I can quote that again... I agree maybe 1.2 but no higher than 1.5

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Roslovic
Boqvist
Blankenburg
Bemstrom
Carlsson

My guesses

4 x 4 sounds right for Roslovic. I'm wondering if he might bet on himself and go for shorter term.

Boqvist just scored 11 goals in 52 games - thankfully he isn't arb eligible until next year. If it is a 1-1.5m deal I think he keeps it to 1 year so he can go to arbitration next year (and Jarmo ships him to that barn in Arizona).

Bemstrom around 1m, sure.

Are we ready to go term with Blankenburg yet? I love what I've seen so much that I'd give him first crack with Werenski next year. But we have no idea how he holds up over the course of a pro season. I think Jarmo will give him a 1 or 2 year deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hello Johnny

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Well I don't see it as "the truth". We have no reason to believe this will alter his career, and no reason to even speculate on whether it will or not. Less truth than conjecture.

This is baseless speculation in a situation where I don't think there's any room or need for that.
These days "the truth" is completely subjective and up for interpretation by people with absolutely no connection to the issue. Didn't you know?

Now put on that tinfoil hat dammit.

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
I wrote only about puckhandling. Btw. WC isn't a good example because different players play there. For example Eric Robinson or Liam Foudy the last year too.
Last year not too many players were interested and turned it down as they had to play in a bubble, in front of no fans, and could not enjoy the area. My understanding is that the level of player will be amped up quite a bit this year. Of course, non-playoff teams players are eligible. But I think there will be some serious talent this year as opposed to last year.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Well I don't see it as "the truth". We have no reason to believe this will alter his career, and no reason to even speculate on whether it will or not. Less truth than conjecture.

This is baseless speculation in a situation where I don't think there's any room or need for that.
Maybe you can call me a pessimist or a realist but mental health issues just don’t go away. He felt it was important to him to step away and address them and grieve.

I hope he fully deals with whatever he was dealing with and comes back strong. However, whatever it was is strong enough to have pulled him away from his career choice and will ultimately effect the rest of his life just like Elvis and Manny must deal with losing Matiss last summer.

I just think it is naive to think everything will go on like it never happened if it was important enough to take him away from the game. I’m not judging in any way. I’m just honestly assessing the situation as I see it. He has my support as human being over being a hockey player.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
4 x 4 sounds right for Roslovic. I'm wondering if he might bet on himself and go for shorter term.

Boqvist just scored 11 goals in 52 games - thankfully he isn't arb eligible until next year. If it is a 1-1.5m deal I think he keeps it to 1 year so he can go to arbitration next year (and Jarmo ships him to that barn in Arizona).

Bemstrom around 1m, sure.

Are we ready to go term with Blankenburg yet? I love what I've seen so much that I'd give him first crack with Werenski next year. But we have no idea how he holds up over the course of a pro season. I think Jarmo will give him a 1 or 2 year deal.
Blankenburg at 3 years @ $2M seems low risk to me. His ceiling is unclear and maybe it’s what we now see. But I have less questions about him than anyone other than Z and Gav. The sample size is small, but what he has shown is smart play, an ability to carry the puck and play without panic in the D Zone and no indication he’s overwhelmed. Those traits sell me on him at the term and AAV I’d offer.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
What do you guys think these guys sign for ?

Roslovic
Boqvist
Blankenburg
Bemstrom
Carlsson

My guesses

I think they provide qualifying offers to Carlsson and Bemstrom and think both end up with 1 year deals as prove it deals. Carlsson has less rope as I believe he would be UFA after that but unless he takes a major step (unlikely it would seem at this point) he's going to be a 6-8 type guy. Bemstrom has talent, just hasn't put it together. I'm not sure he'd take a 1 year deal and could return to Europe to play. CBJ would then retain his rights.

Boqvist gets nothing less than Bean. He's shown more upside (albeit also more injury) and has produced more, plus RHD. I think he gets a similar deal 3 yrs @ 2.6MM AAV

Blankenberg is a 2 year bridge deal in my book. He's shown enough that he gets a 1-way deal but I'm thinking 2 yrs @ $1.4MM AAV

Roslovic sounds about right. I think 4 yrs is the target. I'll say 4yrs @ $4.25MM AAV

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Blankenburg at 3 years @ $2M seems low risk to me. His ceiling is unclear and maybe it’s what we now see. But I have less questions about him than anyone other than Z and Gav. The sample size is small, but what he has shown is smart play, an ability to carry the puck and play without panic in the D Zone and no indication he’s overwhelmed. Those traits sell me on him at the term and AAV I’d offer.

It isn't much of a risk, I agree. One thing to consider though is that this club would prefer a good long term contract to a 2-3 year steal. Maybe they want to find out what they have in Blankenburg and then lock him in long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad